Defender ATO procs slotting in a Sonic/Rad

SuperPlyx

Currently making a Sonic/Rad and I would like to get the most out of the 2 ATO procs.

So thought I would ask people who play defenders, where would you slot the procs/sets on a Sonic/Rad ?

Any Sonic/Rad advice is also appreciated. Only my second defender.

If I were building /rad I would go from one of a few approaches.

First, I like to split the vigilant assault ato set into threes for maximum recharge. One set of 3 goes in the snipe. This includes the proc, acc/dam, and acc/dam/end. This would hold true for all scenarios here. The other three will usually go in my tier 1 or nuke.

One option would be to part out the bastion proc and drop it in the snipe as well, then purple damage proc and another damage proc. This gives you one hard hitting power on fairly short recharge that reliably procs both atos with each use. This is actually a pretty large source of healing and absorb, to the degree that I don't find the need for other self healing.

Another would be to drop the bastion proc in cosmic burst along with three thunderstrikes and a couple damage procs. This allows you to beef the snipe with one more damage proc. 

Finally, if you need to use the bastion six piece bonus for ranged defense, you could slap the whole set in irradiate or neutron bomb, or maybe the nuke. This sacrifices proc damage in your aoe of course, and the bastion proc won't be as flexible in what circumstances you would be using it.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Well, here is what I come up with.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Sonic Resonance
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Sonic Barrier -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(3), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5), StdPrt-ResKB(40)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Sonic Haven -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-RechRes(15), GldArm-RechEnd(15), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(17), GldArm-ResDam(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(19)
Level 4: Irradiate -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), AchHee-ResDeb%(21), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(23)
Level 6: Sonic Cage -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(43)
Level 12: Sonic Dispersion -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(25), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(25), HO:Ribo(27)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27), Rct-ResDam%(29)
Level 16: Proton Volley -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(31), Apc-Dam%(31), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), HO:Nucle(33)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(33), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(33), Ags-Psi/Status(34), ImpSki-Status(34)
Level 22: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Sonic Siphon -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42)
Level 32: Liquefy -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(42), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(42), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43)
Level 35: Neutron Bomb -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(43), Artl-Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(45), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(46)
Level 38: Atomic Blast -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(46), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(48)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(50), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Power Sink -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A), HO:Cyto(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), RgnTss-Regen+(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(13), PrfShf-End%(13)
Level 10: Speed Phase 
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm on mobile right now, so can't look at totals, but this looks like a decent build at first glance.

I would probably swap the Achilles and kd proc in irradiate for damage procs, though I can see how the kd might be neat solo. The Achilles will not go off reliably enough for useful aoe followup, and you won't be using irradiate much in st scenarios where it would be of more benefit.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

I would probably swap the Achilles and kd proc in irradiate for damage procs, though I can see how the kd might be neat solo. The Achilles will not go off reliably enough for useful aoe followup, and you won't be using irradiate much in st scenarios where it would be of more benefit.

Good tip, yeah I was thinking of my Chance for Knockdown in Ground Zero on my melee guys. And I was not sure about the Achilles

• Like 1