Blaster Knockback powers

Snarky

coherent.. pft, whatever lol

21 hours ago, Snarky said:

Makes me want to take the Blaster Meteor set and knock enemies until i can get a GM to show up. If i do it a hundred times is there a badge?

Noo you'll knockback your eye out.

Knockback is dangerous, we don't want anyone to knockback their eye out.

9 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

/csr Snarky ticket_ignore

(Jk, that's not a command that exists =P)

So there is a code!

It's just not this one.

Check.

One down.

Get to work Lizard Squad (hacker group).

• Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

Ragdoll physics is one of the things that this game has always excelled at.  

Yet using Knockback is often a suboptimal and oftentimes idiotic move.

Always?  Nah, I remember when the physics was introduced and there was great merriment because it was hysterical because it was SO BAD.

As to your second point, nah.  If you are trying to get 2 extra seconds off your speed Posi 1 time, well maybe?  I'm not claiming it is always the best move, but it's fun and sometimes lifesaving.  If you don't want to use it, don't use it.  If you don't want to be on a team that uses it, ask your teammates not to use it but they will rightfully tell you to hush up.  

This game is trivially simple for even the most simple of players.  If someone wants to eke out a little joy out of being pew pew and it takes two seconds out of your life, well, maybe you should be spending that two seconds doing something else?  I just can't bring myself to be angry at someone else in game because it's like being mad at someone who blocked your X with an O in tic tac toe.  Of course, if you are playing +4/x999 on a Master of Hamidon, well, choose your teammates wisely!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

On 12/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, GM Impervium said:

So the main take-away, from my perspective, is that KB can cause issues, but nothing that anyone gets in too big of a huff about. Especially since help is a click and 3-5 minutes away in most cases.

I just hit 50 on a rifle-wielding rabbit* the other day, all those knock-backs pewpewpew powers, and I've only ever once had anyone say the first word about it.  Which hey, good for them, yeah.  If you suffered in silence, then shame on you, because I'd have been happy to then not use nay of those powers and just sort of trail along in back sopping up the XP you're workign so hard to generate without me.

*Hm, I should add her to my growing sig list of 50s...

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I rarely team on HC (crappy internet connection), but on Live I teamed almost exclusively.  However, I got more "helpful suggestions" about using AoE roots, fears, disorients, and other abominable affronts to the Most Holy Burn Patch than I ever got about KB.  Never got kicked for any of it, though.  Possibly because I was prepared to live by one of my personal rules of squishy play - "take what you want, but eat what you take."

As far as I can remember, the only time I got even vaguely annoyed at KB was when a blaster AoE'd a whole spawn over a rail milliseconds before my Transfusion went off.  Couldn't help but laugh IRL at that one though - the timing was too perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/15/2021 at 1:56 PM, Erratic1 said:

Alice and moons

Dunno how I just ended up here (fluke of flukeness!)

Spousal abuse is a very serious matter, whoever may abuse (mutual domestic abuse is a thing too) whomever.

While I understand it is meant in jest here, it is a horrifyingly insensitive and cruel thing to say, especially when some of the viewers may be victims of spousal (significant other (notsosignificant other)) abuse.

44 minutes ago, Hew said:

Dunno how I just ended up here (fluke of flukeness!)

Spousal abuse is a very serious matter, whoever may abuse (mutual domestic abuse is a thing too) whomever.

While I understand it is meant in jest here, it is a horrifyingly insensitive and cruel thing to say, especially when some of the viewers may be victims of spousal (significant other (notsosignificant other)) abuse.

Given my childhood and my father's abuse of my mother before she left him, I am not thinking I need lessons on the seriousness of actual spousal abuse from someone who does not know my background.

It was a cultural reference to a television show line where the spouse in question gave as much as she got and arguably the couple was truly in love with each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

For all the grief directed at blasters, gotta say on this TF I'm currently on its a fellow melee who is knocking things all over the place. Really screwing my ability to do massive area damage from hide.

Edit: OTOH, they wouldn't be grouped if they weren't around her. So learned to time it to get things before she goes into knockback.

Edited by Erratic1