The Long Riders (trad/slow play SG-LFM)

cranebump

3 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

I thought we were fighting, then I look back and Whippy's whipped out his cellphone and taking photos. Ha! no wonder your HP bar was always half empty.

Missed you in the run, Dona. brought a pony for ya, too. had to eat it so it didn't go to waste. 😃

I assume my low HP status could also have to do with how stealthily I dove into/ran into FREAKIN' HEWERS! AAAAAAHHHHH!

Edited by cranebump
  • Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

You have earned the Insane Trooper badge.:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

So, playing through Lorenzo Tate's DE arc (he's in IP). You end up having to take down these crystals:

Will_of_the_Earth.jpg

The object is immobile and has no attack capabilities of its own, and is unable to regenerate hit points at all, but is able to summon Devouring Earth spawns to its defense. These beings will be summoned at the aggroing player's location in full groups.

So, the first time I sniped one of these, I got the ambush mob on my location, PLUS the spawn guarding the Crystal. DE debuffs. Boulders flying everywhere. Thorns. Backhanded KB melee attacks. Plus I dragged an additional spawn from below the loc:

unknown.png

OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!  (This is me running the wrong damned way)

Got smart and cleared the surrounding mobs first via pulls, THEN dealt with the crystal. Hit it, ran toward it to give myself some space from ambush spawn. MUCH easier.  However, that first faceplant reminded me why we slow play. I don't think I ever played this arc on Live. It was actually something new to me. Overall, it's a well done arc, as well. No hunts. An interesting NPC in the Black Sands mish:

unknown.png

I still have the finale (more crystals and a defeat all in a cave in PP). But, all in all, this one is very good. Recommended!

P.S. You can also get this one from Eliza Thorpe.

Edited by cranebump

And this morning, COMPLETE:

image.png.feaa62449a10e98dc07c75e103afbe3c.png

Not bad days work.

On to Marvin Weintraub, grinding for 30 and First Sergeant rank. Along the way:

image.png.4efd6908ea89bcce8280e0e48c7f8678.png

ouch...

And later:

image.png.8735697b7e1b92810926c2dd873f0fd4.png

DING! Thanks, Freaks.

Edited by cranebump

With Whippy now a First Sergeant, he's turned to crafting, including creation of a support bot:

image.png.c8eb0b2a3378213739e3b09143a92f55.png

Azbot (Assistance-Support-Bot, or ASS-Bot) checking in...

[Thought we could use an ol'-fashioned Rad/Rad DEF)..

Azbot got directly into action with Cerulean Cipher today. A wide range of missions taking us to KR, AP, and PP. Speaking of:

image.png.2c97337740d7adecce17148b5a347287.png

What we thought BEFORE we entered the mission (with all that toxic mess).:-)

Azbot ended up L6. Cipher got his Sergeant rank. All is well (if not incredibly toxic when Vahz are around).

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

Greetings, hombres. We've had some interest, thanks to the mention in General Discussion. We have a recruit comin' in, provided I can be online to invite 'em. Sent a global friend request. Maybe I'll see 'em tonight.

For the moment, I'm online running various toons today, until about 7 EST. So, if anyone's on early, hit me up. If I'm not on a Rider, message me in global, and I'll switch ASAP.

Happy Weekend, Riders!

Greets, Riders! I'll be on the hoss THU late afternoon through the evening this THU. In the meantime, getting a a few arcs in, namely this one:

image.thumb.png.bd996bc7674e1c6d2ea274bf64fc0513.png

image.png.6dff4cc4e4259acdba20977814126c8d.png

Oops...guess you did...:-)

Update on ol’ Tracklash here: now at L21. Have crafted some IO drops, but still running mainly on SOs and a few DOs. I slotted some of the special enhancements you can get from Mr. Yin. Have 133 merits to if I need a quick $$ boost. Trackie’s proven decent as a boss killer so far, thanks to the DM debuffs (and judicious use of Insps and that one little heal he’s got). I did not take on all three of the AVs at once in the PMC (or PCM or whatever) finale. Let them beat each other up and ended up taking on Castillo and weakened Nocturne. Captain said he liked my threads. Nice of him. 🙂

Edited by cranebump

Hey there, Riders! After a hiatus last week I will be on tomorrow evening during my usual time slot. Hope to see some of you out there! Hit me up and we’ll ride! H’YAH!

16 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Right on, boss. That'll be around dawn my time. I'll try to be there. And no, you can't have my long johns, you sick puppy.

WELL DAMN IT ALL!:-)

Wasn't always pretty, but we did it!

image.thumb.png.2932823d8955e74847404c564fa7522d.png

Be sure to ask CC about his Roadrunner impression.:-)

On 1/28/2022 at 1:02 AM, Six-Six said:

I missed it. didn't stay up late enough or get up early enough. =(

You...you...CHRONOLOGICAL TWEENER!:-)

Nature of the beast, my friend. On that note: we have some bad weather rolling in, likely to lead to school cancellations (for which we already prepared 2 days' assignments and sent them home with the rascals). If so, I'll likely be on tonight, and will for sure be on WED/THU. 

Oh-and we got a new member! Hope I'm not spelling it wrong here, but WELCOME LITHOFEAR!

Speaking of members: Haven't see @Dona Eis Requiem in a bit. Hope everything is a-okay. They did a lot of base building. Chatted with @Black Talon for a while. And have run with @AboveTheChemist teaming Cerulean Cipher with Tracklash. Adulting sucks, to be sure, but here's hoping we'll all run into each other at some point. 

And before I forget: there's LOTS of room to add to the base, for folks who like that. We have some great stuff there already. Since this is a weak area for me, maybe I fiddle with some little corner. Acrobattle's backstory paints him as a baker. Maybe the coffee bar?:-)

1 hour ago, Dona Eis Requiem said:

Hiya hey!  Yes, all's well but busy. I'm in a bit of a hiatus I suppose.  I'll be back but it may be a few weeks yet before that happens. 

In the meanwhile, happy hunting to you all!

GREAT to hear from ya, DER. Hope to see you soon. We miss you out there. In the meantime, happy trails and all that.

FYI, all: crane is gonna be running this evening for awhile. Might need to step off here soon for a quick break to visit with spouse when they get back from work. After that, I'll be mounted up and moving. Would love to get Azbot in play in a support role. I don't get to be a DEF often, and sorta like it. 

H'YAH!

While running some radios in KR:

image.png.fd6fd342c2737d456d53a03c881e3373.png

It's the KR Devil! It's really him! Er...I mean, NOOOOO...this is just some guy. Not the secret ID of some vigilante....Nope...

I have definitely had a great time so far with this group. The slow journey has been really rewarding, and I've been taking it slower than most, keeping my XP off unless I am teamed and running my missions. There's so much lower level content that I don't want to outlevel it!

I will be on shortly for most of the evening.

Azzie and CC running against Vahz:

image.png.e5c63e1de690e64841ae0c8611c0a2ba.png

Did we bite off more than we can chew? Nahhhh... (...yes...)

Took care of Vahzie pollutants, then off to nail Clocks in FL:

image.png.5467edcb87cecae3673fa56c18b1966e.png

And it was special...

Nice run! Vahz were tough at this level, but CC owned the clocks. Azzie went from 6 to 12 when all was said and done. The game shines when you let it!

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 2