The Long Riders (trad/slow play SG-LFM)

cranebump

Okay, after scripting forever to get The Bleed AE story (finally done), taking a bit of downtime with ol' Tracks. Of course, you all know that, no matter what the toon, Crane invariably walks into stuff like this:

image.png.320f1698270eafb9d0ce52f8a540451d.png

But, ma! I AM a tank! 

(pst...he's not...)

Nothing like cross punch to give you a reprieve.:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On the case in IP. So far...

image.png.5bd65ec2b2a4caa0063b68851efb1fcf.png

...things are going...swimmingly...

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Greets, folks! Hoping to be online later this evening. Should be on for an extended run SAT, about mid morning to 3-4 EST. Hope to see y'all!

H'YAH!

Got in some action vs. Ubelmann today:

image.png.7bed20ebcdcd4d537bb21f0d444d8951.png

Levelling just before certainly didn't hurt.:-)

Threw down some inf for the sm LB jetpack. Interesting look!

image.png.28d5828ac9e1b653e7b0f9a56cb1db8a.png

So, finally, with the western motif, went with:

image.png.f5fbd3b76d0bb95e56e49179aae711b0.png

I'm tellin' ya, pard, I done went to hell. An' it ain't like that.

Introducing:

John Duke (Fire Control/Savage Assault Dom)

I died on the desert...  Well...not exactly. See, they left me there, outside-a Tombstone. Left dead, under the dyin' moon. Somewhere in the night, beneath the pale moonlight, my sould was transported downward, where it belonging.  I was asked if I wanted revenge.  I said yes.  I got that, and more. I got the hellfire, and the blood frenzy. I got the madness that overcomes ya in the heat.  An' now? I just cain't die.  An' it's killin' me...

(Never run this particular combo, so...stand back...)

NOTE: Soon as I make some $$, gonna grab that coyote travel power, 'cause AWOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Heck with it-used acquired ouro portal to scarf Echo:Galaxy explore. Converted those and AP explore merits into merits, grabbed a revolver (I mean...c'mon-gotta have a gun), and threw down 1M for this:
image.png.75b9f7be958e2888f323189839b3f3d6.png

See, NOW I'm ready.:-)

Edited by cranebump

And we're on the case!

image.png.0f8cc70d179028718a37c650ec080902.png

Extensive Redside run through end of Graves, Bane Spider Ruben, and a host of other folks (Gremlins, filthy Arachnos, and these guys, who we just hammered when they tried to book a pleasure cruise):

image.png.fb0f97dbbf1ee959bacda04ff78f58f9.png

Bapbapbapbapbap...ssssssssSHHHHHH...(flump).:-)

Edited by cranebump

Should we tell them how we got thrown under the bus in the last mission of Ruben's arc? Dang villains. really can't trust them, can you. Well, the speech did say "y'all are villains, you should act like it." Next thing we know, the villain mob we brought with us were nowhere to be seen, it was just TL and MGD against a roomful of longbow. Bastards. (and of course, thinking we had a redside posse behind us, TL jumps in the middle of a couple of dozen reds and yellows, starts taking selfies, and bam! we're both checking out floor tiles).

Good times. 😃

8 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Should we tell them how we got thrown under the bus in the last mission of Ruben's arc? Dang villains. really can't trust them, can you. Well, the speech did say "y'all are villains, you should act like it." Next thing we know, the villain mob we brought with us were nowhere to be seen, it was just TL and MGD against a roomful of longbow. Bastards. (and of course, thinking we had a redside posse behind us, TL jumps in the middle of a couple of dozen reds and yellows, starts taking selfies, and bam! we're both checking out floor tiles).

Good times. 😃

That one ranked right up there with my best “doh!”-ments.:-)

Edited by cranebump

• 2 weeks later

These things:

image.png.19d719f19da6db3627aa98dd3fa81ce9.png

• 4 weeks later

Hey, gang. I’ll be doing some AE scripting on Excel Friday a.m., but if anyone comes on, feel free to PM me. Been running Tracklash solo on occasion. He’s getting up there, which means I might be looking to get a new concept going. Maybe finally run something Sonic.

..or I might do yet another face punching vigilante type.:-)

• 4 weeks later

So, when you get this far with this guy:

image.png.af6e9a99077af91c33efde1a233258c1.png

You get this:

image.png.d779f5928cdec8a7e26335cd2ee4725b.png

And if you're also doing this guy's arc:

image.png.a4bf189f269feb0a96d7c0aadebd547e.png

You pick up this:

image.png.ec4102773fc30376c19f6186806eefb8.png

Not a bad day's work.:-)

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yet ANOTHER (alt universe) Nemesis.

image.png.175f2115d3f52fe2c40e93202460ea21.png

Had enough yet, man?

P.S. This one comes with a badge:

image.png.5a337aac3c3884d10145ef0fa44555a6.png

Edited by cranebump

Time to expand the roster. In a bid to create my own version of Astro City's Silver Agent, I've come up with:

image.png.351b910775b30c17927f95ebe9f71ed3.png

RICK STERLING! The man, the myth, the legend. From days of yore, he's reborn. Rick Sterling. The Argent Agent. The Silver Sentinel. Paragon of virtue and relic of an age decidedly...erm...silver.:-)

Starting with all the L1 contacts in AP and grinding through them organically. Avoiding the nice Habashy and, later, Stockwell arcs, just to see what happs. 

Time to brush up on my cheesy dialogue...

Edited by cranebump

Oh, those Skulls...

image.png.322cc15bb3abf7ee57fd153018be0715.png

How COULD they?

image.png.f5ec9012894a1ceeb283256031f25178.png

Get. In. COMPLIANCE!

After some of this-n-that, we settled on Tristan Caine..and DELIVERED.

image.png.6026199ea14fc5ab03808137e78acc20.png

And so did he:

image.png.e957288a4f3292ecbb44bf3f0183d682.png

Takes awhile, but the rewards are pretty decent. LOTS of traveling to AP, KR, Sky, and PP was in there, as well. Worth it, doing the solo route.

image.png.548c6b3bb832e16a6cba7018eb090532.png

All in a day's work, citizens!

[Old togs weren't "silvery" enough. Now, we're "sheen-ier"]:-)

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 1

Rick Sterling is trucking toward 20 at the moment. Running Mark Freeman's Clocky stuff. After a couple mishes, he throws a Plasmatic Taser your way:

image.png.92cfd6c48de3075e7f968034e2868b77.png

Goes well with the one I already have:-)

Tricky Ricky has been Pistol-whipping his way through Sky/Steel contacts. Watch Laura Lockhart give her all. Went ahead and did the Stockwell/Eagle Eye stuff. Handled Veles surprisingly well, thanks to all the KB (basic pistols [no ammo switching-I decided he just uses plain ol' bullets), plus he's outfitted with temp grenades and plas taser [using $$ from enhancement converter sales, one of our allowed "cheats," since we are not restricted from playing the market, or anything we can afford to buy).  It's been a pretty fun run, outside having to do thos hunt mishes. On the other hand, doing the hunts makes you keep close track of where to find what you need. Spent a LOT of time knocking out Lost in The Gish, beneath the overpasses. Had a pre-L20 Tsoo mish, and had to think, where are they, besides Talos. Then I remembered. Steel Canyon, toward ICON.:-)  Since we can do some selling for $$, I should be able to slot SO's pretty easily. We'll see if he hits a wall somewhere along the line. I haven't gotten any really good recipes yet.

After a brief break, I have been active on Cerulean Cipher in the evenings lately, inching ever closer to 20. Unfortunately my playtimes don't overlap well with the rest of the SG so it's been a solo journey. In an effort to enjoy the scenic route, I've only been turning XP on during my story arcs, and even then I still turn it off here and there. I think I am out of arcs for the 15-19 range (mostly Steel Canyon contacts) so I think I will step into the past via Ouroboros to make it to the next set of contacts. I've been checking my progress by looking at the Ouro mission list and it's more rewarding than I thought seeing so many gold stars on that list. Taking down Dr. Vahz was easier than I anticipated, although he was just an EB when I fought him. That was probably my most anticipated fight of this round of arcs, although all of them held nostalgic interest. 

On 5/9/2022 at 2:46 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

After a brief break, I have been active on Cerulean Cipher in the evenings lately, inching ever closer to 20. Unfortunately my playtimes don't overlap well with the rest of the SG so it's been a solo journey. In an effort to enjoy the scenic route, I've only been turning XP on during my story arcs, and even then I still turn it off here and there. I think I am out of arcs for the 15-19 range (mostly Steel Canyon contacts) so I think I will step into the past via Ouroboros to make it to the next set of contacts. I've been checking my progress by looking at the Ouro mission list and it's more rewarding than I thought seeing so many gold stars on that list. Taking down Dr. Vahz was easier than I anticipated, although he was just an EB when I fought him. That was probably my most anticipated fight of this round of arcs, although all of them held nostalgic interest. 

Sweet! I'll be lookin' for ya, kemosabe. 

Did a bit of Tracklshin' tonight:

image.png.f112ef30d0df5f3f5c1afdf16bf2502c.png

Gettin' my Freak on (or off...one of the two).

Okay, Riders. I've got some time tonight, and Rick Sterling ready to take on Faultline arcs. Hit me up, even if I ain't ridin', an' I'll switch over!
image.thumb.png.0510aafb282160c0f0b5a02087dd92c1.png

Eee-hee-hee...

Okay, shout out to @Darmian (and a lifetime membership to the Riders) for running OG TF's and getting the TFC badge through ouro. 

image.png.614f661fe6412e2f683199e3e3e32268.png

That's a Praerotian salute for our resident Goldsider!

• Thanks 1

Thank you kindly!  Task Force Commander via Original Positron TF, Sister Psyche TF (both via Ouro), then Manticore, Citadel, Numina and Synapse.  Still grants the Accolade.

Next up, @cranebump, is the old Calvin Scott TF, A Mind in Danger.  🙂

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Well, he ain't a Rider, but gotta love me some Bane Spider Ruben:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Yeah, we cleaned up alright (we and the 5 or 6 guys not in the pic).

Edited by cranebump

• 2 weeks later

So, as I'm running Temblor, he sez, "Hey, you ever worked with this guy?":

image.png.d82c4700c749d5f2ad00ca31d4da538c.png

Lean onnnn me! When you're not sto-...

(ahem...okay, correction)

Even when you're stronnng! 

Just don't use your guns.

Those thangs are dannnnngerous.

And

It won't be long

'Til you shoot some Tsoo

And they go booooooo hoo... (ahhh... so eloquent, Vitaly...)

Okay, so it's just Tsoo Shennigans again. But, c'mon - looka that BEARD! Plus, he's solid as a rock. You can lean on him for days.

Edited by cranebump