The Long Riders (trad/slow play SG-LFM)

cranebump

Just a reminder for those of you with time to burn (or are in the right time zone; or somehow got a job with 3-day weekends, like I have): I'll be running mishes Friday morning, likely starting round 8 am EST. Long shot, but (perhaps) see you there!

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Short run through hero tips tonight with my good buddy Omega Fury!

image.png.2fe7e406b88a4d442c20e4e198589fec.png

Er...Acrobattle is the little guy..ahem...

A bit of Rikti non-lovin'.

image.thumb.png.8fe4dbada343c2f73b0b3fca49347123.png

While he works, I break dance.:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Riders! I’ll be scouring the city for evil doers this evening. Probably be on around 1830 EST (USA). Tonight? Tips in the Row. It’s all gray area there ain’t it? That means Vig mishes! 

Hope you can join. H’YAH!

Getting a start on dem tips.

image.png.563cfe2164c83dd71ac8aeea7c4253c8.png

Never know who's gonna show up. In this case Blast Furnace. Thanks, bronnaise.

Well, THU eve isn't the awesomest game time for everbody. I mean I have Fridays off, of course.:-) Anyway, the slow path is a rough path, and often a lonesome path. Which can lead you to go a bit, um...semi-crackers? As in:

image.png.48be7f03637dce9ff0b25ed353f3c1dd.png

I'm sorry, drone-bro. For some reason you guys can't join SG's. Ain't my fault.

Yeah...I'm interacting with a drone. I blame saddle rash.

Evidently I was prescient, because, after all the Vig mishes, my morality mish has me freeing Furnace, and fighting my former "buddy" (with their +1):

image.png.d2cc5779ceb96794a7667ba640a1609a.png

Edited by cranebump

Of course, going back to Vigilante means the populace has some issues with you:

image.png.6568e7c755220adc94256613e8d944f9.png

Hey! I had VERY compelling reasons for all that. Here...take my pamphlet...Vigilante-ism for dummies.

• 3 weeks later

Hey there, posse! If you're looking for a little more oomph for your Rider, we now have a decent selection of IO sets. Your friendly neighborhood Sergeant-Major has been crafting away, and here's a snapshot of what you can grab from IO storage:

5 Tempered readiness (first 2 are L39, last one is 48, so you'd need to add over time). 

2 Steadfast protection (these are lowbie recipes, L14/15-+1.5% recovery though!)

2 Exploit Weakness (Ls 38 and 39 - get a 3% movement bump)

2 Efficacy Adapters (these are L21 and 29, so they're spread out. but a good start to the set)

2 Brilliant Leadership (Got Pets? You can slot these L18 and 19 to get +4% Regen)

2 Befuddling Aura (get a small bump to rec [+1%] with your Confuse powers)

2 Analyze Weakness (Ls 36 and 39. +10% regen!)

Don't seem like much, I supposed, but we're talking about working with drops, so it's like panning for gold. Assuming I can get some orange Magic salvage, Acro is carrying 2 Perfect Zingers in the 40s for some lucky tank.  Get a boost versus toxix, psionic and mez!

Now, back to the grind We're 1 bar from 49. Hoping to pop the ultimate today!

Vaya Con Carne, all.

Crane

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well...it had to happen sometime...

image.png.6a9085a0580bb791c464b5f4bb07683d.png

That's a well-deserved bow for the Sergeant-Major. First to 50! 

(had to race the hell outa of Omega Fury, but we did it!):-)

Well, gang, there's been some new stuff thanks to the update. And just because of the change to Invul, I'm finally gonna do something I've never done: a plain ol' Inv/SS Tank.

image.png.32a206c0dde1df5668328593c5e79db0.png

Thinking about a different path for this amored weirdo. Maybe doing all the bank mishes this time. Right now, he's on overwatch in The Hollows. I mean, nobody seems to own these towers, so...maybe he'll set up a house there.:-)

Oh, yeah...went with the new Blitz stance, so he looks like he's determined to ram his head into everything. Fits. Also switched that yellow to orange. Why? Hell if I know. Maybe he likes shiny, orange briefs.

Edited by cranebump

• 2 weeks later

Hey, y’all! The SGM will be running’ around tonight. You feel like slappin’ down some bad guys (or the reverse), hit me up! Meantime, stay sharp in the saddle, hombres. H’YAH!

• 2 weeks later

Running a new DEF on Excel today. Just happened to get a huge assist from:

image.png.cb3c86bfc0bcb5fcc4cdaf9b8637c9e9.png

Okami led us all around Paragon. Unlocked all of paragon for LR TP. Salutes!

Real life, and altaholism. It's a thing.:-)

Gonna hop over to Torch and run Tracklash a bit. My wrists need a break from all the Excel speedaround.:-)

Edited by cranebump

I finally made it through all the 20-24 arcs with Cerulean Cipher, and leveled him to 25 to start working on the 25-29 arcs. I'm not sure if I've hit every possible story arc I could so far, but I've done most of them.

I also did a little organization of the storage racks in the base this evening. I organized the salvage racks a bit and consolidated some of the SO/DO enhancement racks. I didn't take anything out for my use, as I'm trying to adhere to strict self-sufficiency. I also got rid of a few extraneous SO/DO enhancement racks that weren't being used. There is still plenty of SO/DO storage space, but now there is some extra base storage cap space in case other kinds of racks are needed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for doing that. I've been mainly dropping in crafted enhancements. Acro managed to slot a few of them as he trekked to 50. I'm thinking Tracklash may be my next focus. He's not too far off. Either that, or maybe try to actually run a Savage Melee up, as that's a set I've barely used. Teaming's hard, fer sure. My own time has been more limited, for various reasons.

Edited by cranebump

• 4 weeks later

Hey, folks, we got a bit of an issue involving salvage. Our good buddy @Black.Talon stored 70 pieces of primo salvage on the racks for future use. Now, I know we all have access to the racks, but seems it's all gone (the ones with his name on them, that is), so our pardner is left holding a big dinner bill. If anyone happened to grab all of that, it'd be cool to slip it back in there. I'm going to drop us a Vault storage in there to prevent future issues of this kind. Might also create a "Personal" area for people to keep their own stuff.  We have a vault storage (I didn't even know!). So, in the future, make use of that for the stuff you REALLY want to save. In the meantime, if you happen to know where Omega Fury's salvage went, shoot me a PM. And check the racks! I added some stuff today (and will add more as I go).

For the record: anything in storage is accessible for all members. I probably did not make that clear to everyone (apologies). If you got stuff you want to save just for you, please make use of personal storage.  This time, though, it'd be cool to help our brutha out, if we can recover his stuff.

Edited by cranebump

12 hours ago, cranebump said:

Hey, folks, we got a bit of an issue involving salvage.

If you weren't aware, there is a log available for the storage racks so that you can see exactly who put in or took out each piece. Just click any storage rack then click the 'Show Log' button.

I replied to your tell in-game, but I might as well reply here, too, and this is more accurate/detailed than the tell I sent since I've now had a chance to review the storage log. Early on after I joined the SG (Jan 17th to be precise), I removed a few pieces of yellows/whites but it looks like I replaced them all and added a Source Code as well.

Since then I decided I wanted to be totally self-sufficient on salvage, so I have kept all my salvage drops on my person (and in the AH) and I have not removed anything (salvage or otherwise) from the base racks for personal use. Any other salvage I've needed for crafting I've bought off the AH.

I did some spring cleaning on Sept 13 (I mentioned it in my last post just up the thread) during which I pulled 41 pieces of orange salvage out temporarily (along with white/yellow salvage and some enhancements) so that I could organize the racks a little better. Total time from removal to replacement was about 20 mins. So there may have been quite a few orange salvage pieces that had me (Cerulean Cipher) listed as the donor, but those were the 41 pieces I had removed and returned as part of the rack organization, and the logs bear this out. I am 99.99% certain I returned everything I removed, as I was quite careful to separate my personal inventory from the inventory I was reorganizing (I put all my personal inventory in the AH while I was reorganizing). However if you find any discrepancy in the log just let me know. I will more than happily replace or reimburse if it turns out I made an error.

The next day (Sept 14), I added a few temporary racks so that I could store some of my personal salvage/enhancements while I listed them on the AH. I store a LOT of stuff on the AH and due to an AH bug I experienced a while back, I always clear my AH storage out before listing anything and I needed those racks to temporarily hold my AH storage while I listed a bunch of set IOs I had crafted. A couple of weeks later (Sept 28) I added another temp rack or two so I could use them to alphabetize another lot of set IOs I had crafted. In each instance I removed the storage racks once I had reclaimed all my items from them. Part of my motivation for the aforementioned spring cleaning was to get rid of some extraneous storage racks so there would be space in the base to add a few temporary racks when needed to hold personal storage short-term. I will likely make use of temporary racks again in the future.

Anything in the storage racks with my name listed as the donor is available for anyone to take. I have not added much stuff (a few IOs mostly) but I do not store my personal inventory in the base racks (unless it's in a temporary rack that I use briefly then remove).

I am also happy to meet in-game and/or over voice chat to review the storage logs if needed. Also, I don't think there is a point to adding a vault storage to the base. It accesses the same storage space as the vault storage that is available from one's salvage window, so adding a vault to the base is mere decoration.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification

I inadvertently kicked myself out. I was organising my toons and had the bright idea of categorising them by AT and Shard, and by moving, severed the connections. I didn't mean to move her... my mouse to eye coordination and reflexes were just off (although I will always put the blame on lag, or batteries, or dogs).

The Page 4 patch (and the coming Page 5) have kept be busy respec-ing and re-costuming old toons so much that I haven't really had time to play and focus on a single toon. I'll definitely cough up a new one for the SG. Don't know when that will be, but will holler when it happens. 😃

[Edit]
I just read the most recent ones... about BT's salvage. My post of leaving the SG seems suspect and convenient in that context, doesn't it. (slowly backs steps back away to his horse while shifting gaze to everyone in the saloon... but his horse throws him under the bus and skedaddles outta there). Momentarily RP and kidding aside... could it be that someone tried to edit the room and deleted or misplaced an entire salvage rack. I've done this before with another SG (they weren't too happy either). 

In any case, I've got a rack full of orange salvage just gathering dust in another shard. Let me know if y'all would like me to haul it in.

Edited by Six-Six

7 hours ago, Six-Six said:

could it be that someone tried to edit the room and deleted or misplaced an entire salvage rack.

I highly doubt it. Salvage racks can't be deleted unless they are empty, and I didn't delete (or move) any salvage racks when I did the spring cleaning. I did delete a few enhancement racks that were empty, though.

My guess is that BT looked in the racks expecting to see the orange salvage listed with his name as donor. When a fair bit of it was actually listed with Cerulean Cipher's name as donor (due to the previously mentioned salvage rack reorganization), he didn't realize that it was still his salvage with my name attached.

And for the record I have always assumed that what is in the racks is fair game for everyone, which is why I don't store my stuff there. Had I known that members were using the base storage as personal storage, I would not have bothered with trying to organize it (nor will I in the future).

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo
  • Thanks 1

Welp, misunderstandings happen. I feel you with the urge to organise, I'm the same way with my personal bases. OCD is not a laughing matter. 😃

Offer stands on the rare albeit dusty salvage. I'll chat with BT if I bump into him in Torch, though I've been on Indom of late (wifi-gods have steered me to them outlands for now)

Yeah, after I sent you in game offline messages, @AboveTheChemist, I checked our records here and saw you did some spring cleaning and moving things around. Which leads me to believe everything is there,  but just moved (because I saw you're proceeding with self-sufficiency). I should've checked this thread again, because, after doing so, I remembered that I'd read you doing some tidying up. If I had recalled that, I could've forwarded a better explanation to @Black.Talon. By the time I jumped from Excel to Torch to check it out myself, it was pretty clear everything was pretty much there. I wasn't aware the Vault was useless to us, so good note there. 

You're 100% right. Anything in storage in SG is shared. Have at it.  There's plenty there for anyone wanting to craft. I also added additional rares to the Orange rack, and will continue to drop stuff in where I can (FYI: anything added by Acrobattle, Tracklash, Whipsmart, etc. is by me). 

For everyone: if you really DO want a private storage rack, there should be space for that in another, undeveloped section of the SG. We could call it "Personal Quarters, and folks could set up their own spaces there, if need be. Otherwise (again), it's all for one and one for all.

Thanks for responding, and sorry about the mixup.

6 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Welp, misunderstandings happen. I feel you with the urge to organise, I'm the same way with my personal bases. OCD is not a laughing matter. 😃

Offer stands on the rare albeit dusty salvage. I'll chat with BT if I bump into him in Torch, though I've been on Indom of late (wifi-gods have steered me to them outlands for now)

I usually cross paths with him when I'm on during my evening runs (once/week usually). But if you see him, refer him to this thread. He was a bit concerned that all the stuff with his name on it seemed to have went PFT! I think it was just shifted to the other side of the rack. In any case, I assured him he could use whatever's there, regardless. 

Related subject: Should we add additional Racks? Maybe just racks for Yellow and Orange Salvage? I usu have plenty of White pieces. If not, they're cheap enough on the market that I can sell dropped DOs and IOs to buy them.

Edited by cranebump

10 minutes ago, cranebump said:

sorry about the mixup

Me too! I hate that what I intended only as a bit of tidying up to make things easier to find turned into what was no doubt a stressful situation for BT.

6 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Six, we we need to reinvite your char?

Not at the moment. She's in Indom with my other DC knock offs inspired toons. Wasn't too happy with the power combos as well. I might roll a new one for the SG when I'm done with all the re-costume and respecs (thanks to page 4)... so that might take a while. I might as well wait for page 5 when they revamp some powers and introduce new ones. 😃

Also, the wifi-gods won't let me near Torch for some reason. I've been swinging between (extremely low population) Indom and Reunion. Just keep my pony warm for me for the time being. 😃

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cranebump said:

Should we add additional Racks? Maybe just racks for Yellow and Orange Salvage? I usu have plenty of White pieces. If not, they're cheap enough on the market that I can sell dropped DOs and IOs to buy them.

Unless someone objects, it probably makes sense to get rid of the storage for white salvage, since it indeed can be had quite cheaply and/or quickly (and often both at the same time) from the AH. Yellow salvage is a bit different, as it has some odd seasonal fluctuations in price that can make it difficult to obtain cheaply at times (spring to summer timeframe, usually).

It might not hurt to consider getting rid of DO storage as well if no one is using the DOs stored in the base. SOs and IOs make the most sense to keep on hand.

I also think it is fine if folks want to request a few individual racks in a personal quarters area that are for their use only. I wouldn't need any but other folks might find them useful.

What I would like to maintain is some space below the base storage rack cap. There can't be more than 18 racks in a base, and I would like to keep 4-5 of those slots free so if someone (like me!) needs to drop in a few storage racks for temporary use (and by temporary I mean for an hour or two) while they shuffle around inventory between AH storage and/or on-character storage, then that option is available.

• Thumbs Up 1