The Long Riders (trad/slow play SG-LFM)

cranebump

Does anyone want to try to get together for a few hours of Halloween festivities sometime before the end of October? I did some ToT'ing on Cerulean Cipher the other night (I don't plan on keeping any of the rewards, I mostly wanted the badges) but I thought it would be more fun if we could get together as a group. I'd especially like to run through Dr. Kane's House of Horrors if possible.

• 3 months later

Hey, Riders. I've been busy with Devil Bat (and trying to get Excel Whipsmart to 50 so I can keep the name). Haven't done much soloing here. But I'll be on this THU, FEB 16, during the day and eve, if anyone needs a hand with anything. 

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I’ll be on THU during the day and, hopefully the evening. Hit me up if anyones around!

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

• 1 month later

I had a nice little gem drop into my saddlebags last night:

panacea.thumb.jpg.83abf3e6086dcd9624f7fe5fcff070d0.jpg

In the upper left you can see what is left of the evil-doers that generously donated it!

I've got CC to 30 and have made headway churning through the one-and-done missions from all my contacts so that I can get to the real meat, the story arcs! Once I start doing those I'll turn XP back on and get as close to 35 as I can. I've got some Croatoa contacts and maybe another odd contact or two to work through as well. I also have him fully kitted with level 25 generic IOs (I'm not using any set IOs until I retire him from the SG) and have most of what I need on-hand to make the rest of the IOs he'll need the rest of the way.

He's still way more fun than he seems like he would be on paper. Street sweeping in Founders' Falls and Crey's Folly was super fun, given that most of the enemies were +3 or so. I ate my fair share of pavement, and the nurses at the aid station started calling me 'Norm', but I also pulled out quite a few memorable wins!

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoa! How about that? I haven’t ridden in awhile for various reasons. I need to get back on the horse. Tomorrow evening may be a good time.:-)

• 1 month later

After taking care of my latest Devil Bat issue (actually, he has MANY issues), and doing a final publish of an new AE arc. I'll be back on the horse this Fridayin the early AM, around 7ish, EST. I know most people don't have the luxury of Fridays off, but if you do, and you waste your mornings like me, hit me up. I'll either be running the evil MM (Will Fade), or the sterling hero (Jim Steele). Ride on!

• 3 months later

Okay, gang. After having a crappy experience with a slow play group on Excel (namely a specific player, whose global is now blocked), I've decided I really need to put my money where my mouth is, concerning story play. I therefore intend to to be more active about recruiting regular ol' mish teams on Torch. Most of my Rider toons have not hit 50, so I don't know which ones I'll return to (if any). I might go back to L1, and run Torch versions of my Excel server toons (as I've done with Acrobattle). Anyhoo, that, and the continuing adventures of Devil Bat, will be more at the forefront. I've got a ton of AE arcs out there already, so probably less of that. In any case, I'll look for y'all out there on Torch -- the Trad Play server! (hopefully?)

Edited by cranebump

I've been taking a mini-break of late, mostly to focus on testing and mod updates for the next content update, and I'm putting together a couple of RetroPie builds for my two brothers. I should be back in-game relatively soon, though!

Nice! I've been fiddling with bases back on Excel. I did notice, though, that our own base has no redside TP? I'm not an expert by any means, but I added this:

image.png.e03fed520bf0bd880be1843edc3b6ee0.png

All that red...hard to miss.:-)

20 hours ago, Etched said:

Ahem.... If you need a update on the Long Riders base, just say the word.

@Etched

Well...if I knew what we needed, I'd certainly say so.:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Greetings out there, Riders! If anybody happens to be a “day runner” I plan to be online Friday morning, per usual. Always up for missions. I’ll likely be on Thursday evening too so if you’re out there hit me up!

• 2 weeks later

Well, gang, Acrobattle got demoted due to 100 days of non-activity (boo!). I have done some minor soloing with my other Riders, but play time overall has been less of late. I do have Tracklash stuck in the 30s, so my latest Rider project may be to get him to 50. I'd also like to develop another "Armored Suit" hero similar to Hydrofuse (a Sent I have on Excel that I really enjoy running). Having done Water Blast/Rad Armor, I'm looking for something pretty trade-Energy Blast/unsure. With yet another Regen discussion on the boards, I considered going with that as a Sent secondary, along with Weave/Toughness to cover some gaps (and maybe Sorcery to get RoP for additional defense). Be interesting to see how viable a toon I could get with something like that (at first glance, it feels a bit fiddly and clicky). Since I'd be solo running a lot, I can use all the KB I want.:-)

Anyway, my next run is THU evening (tomorrow, 21 SEP). Whatever I'm doing, you can hit me up for a team up. 'Til then, Ride On! (those of us who are left).

• Thumbs Up 1