If NCSoft gave it's blessing.........

Dazl

On 12/21/2021 at 11:08 PM, UltraAlt said:

And I forgot.

It is also the same kind of reason that BattleTech is called BattleTech.

BattleTech first came out as Battledroids, but Lucas sued them over the "droid" part.

143498.jpg

Not to mention the Harmony Gold lawsuit that dragged on for DECADES and was only finally put to bed a few years ago.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 12/21/2021 at 5:21 PM, Glacier Peak said:

I looked it up, they have a joint trademark on the word "Superhero" and "Super Hero." Seems like they've had it for a while, at least defending their claim in U.S. courts. And they've got Paramount and Disney lawyers behind them. 

I remain firmly convinced that the very minute some plaintiff with deep enough pockets takes them to court that "trademark" will collapse like a house of cards. The idea that two direct competitors can jointly own the term flies in the face of what trademarks are supposed to be.

Edited by Ulysses Dare
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Albion said:

I am not talking of your opinion or his, just merely stating the fact that without Devs, GM's and the well known organizers of runs, there would be no community, thus yes they are pillars, besides if you and the other poster hold a grudge towards them or not.

First, I'm not holding any grudges against anyone.  I'm just stating facts as I see them based on my personal experience.  GMs and Devs are people too and that automatically doesn't make them saints to be worshiped. 

There are a great number of unknown people who aren't GMs or Devs who are helping others, organizing in game events, teams and other activities every single day who don't seem to be included anywhere in your idolizing and hero worship.  The community is made up of everyone playing the game, not just the select few or their fawning admirers.   If you want to put a select few on pedestals, more power to you.  Don't expect others to do the same though and do try to respect that others have a different point of view. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Not to mention the Harmony Gold lawsuit that dragged on for DECADES and was only finally put to bed a few years ago.

Yeah, I think they went in after the Mech that were used in BattleDroids after Lucas went after them.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images3/1/1013/26/1984-fasa-battledroids-armored-combat_1_cd092ae0e0731c3d9a4e5ef9536d467b.jpg

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images4/1/1013/26/1984-fasa-battledroids-armored-combat_1_cd092ae0e0731c3d9a4e5ef9536d467b.jpg

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images3/1/0517/11/battledroids-battle-droids-battletech_1_5cd0e65e9e7437cd46138828c060a1e2.jpg

You can see in the thumbs above how the Battledroids were all from Macros (ported to the US as RoboTech).

As I recall, the two snap-together robots were also both from Macros as well, but it's been a long time. One of them might have been from Dougram.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Yeah, I think they went in after the Mech that were used in BattleDroids after Lucas went after them.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images3/1/1013/26/1984-fasa-battledroids-armored-combat_1_cd092ae0e0731c3d9a4e5ef9536d467b.jpg

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images4/1/1013/26/1984-fasa-battledroids-armored-combat_1_cd092ae0e0731c3d9a4e5ef9536d467b.jpg

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images3/1/0517/11/battledroids-battle-droids-battletech_1_5cd0e65e9e7437cd46138828c060a1e2.jpg

You can see in the thumbs above how the Battledroids were all from Macros (ported to the US as RoboTech).

As I recall, the two snap-together robots were also both from Macros as well, but it's been a long time. One of them might have been from Dougram.

As the current license holder of BattleTech, I'm QUITE familiar with it..
Even now, it still affecting our art policies.

Edited by Hyperstrike

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

4 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

As the current license holder of BattleTech, I'm QUITE familiar with it..
Even now, it still affecting our art policies.

I always liked John and Jason Waltrip's Mech designs.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.