Converters, lol

Ukase

For kicks and grins..I did this: 

image.png.0ee646c3ae9e07fec3f1feda34126281.png

It's still there! 515 converters in the AH...listed for more than 300k? 

I think this must be one of those extra zero errors, only instead of buying something with one too many zeroes, they've listed it with one too many zeros. I can't recall, but I think the highest I've ever seen a converter go for is maybe 110k, other than today. 

A couple of hours, in another thread, I noticed this: 
image.png.16380f309972c9f99a74776eae576f4a.png

So, 11 more converters were put on sale for more than 300K? 
Something is fishy! And I'm phishing! What's going on here?!

I saw this happening and just set my buy orders and did something else. I wonder what the life is on those orders. Like did you buy from people who haven't logged in recently and the inf will just sit waiting to be picked up...

I'm amazed at how stable the market is although because of the number of players it's easy enough to manipulate.

14 minutes ago, Papa Sirius said:

I'm amazed at how stable the market is although because of the number of players it's easy enough to manipulate.

Converters and changes to the way the market handles certain enhancements and salvage make it way more difficult to sustainably manipulate the market than it was during the game's retail run. You can do it short-term for some items but more often than not you're left holding onto inventory you can't offload.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

If your bid is still outstanding at this time, then make sure you're not offering any on the same character, because many many many have traded significantly lower than that since you posted this.

In general, there are rarely more than a few thousand converters listed for sale at any given time.  People who sell converters are generally going to sell at a sell-it-nao price, so they will only be in the queue for a few minutes at most while their sell orders process.

If you want to manipulate the converter market, go right ahead.  Prices will only be high as long as you are bidding high.

Who run Bartertown?

Go with me on this because this maybe a bit wonky but: What if our basic assumption that lowest sell price is always matched with highest bid price is wrong?  Well not so much wrong as in there is a limited search algorithm running to make those matches and it stops at the first find not the best find.  I could see them doing something like that to save on processing time and any sells/bids on the edges are missed.

Just a thought.  How likely? No idea.  But it supports the evidence presented cause as soon as someone listed 1 converter for 1 inf that bid of 300,000 should have filled immediately.

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

I did,(know those things) but I don't sell or buy converters typically. Well, I might sell some now, lol. 

Still, I placed a bid for grins for 300k, and it hasn't been processed. I find that odd. 

Let me put one up there for 300k and see if it sell or if the system is broken.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If your bid is still outstanding at this time, then make sure you're not offering any on the same character, because many many many have traded significantly lower than that since you posted this.

None of my characters on any accounts are selling converters. I have the standing bid for 300k and that's it. Which is darn fishy. 

It's not like I need one converter, lol. I get mine from emp merits nowadays. 

Edited by Ukase