New Threat Duration Set Ideas

With the change to Taunt Sets becoming Threat Duration Sets, the names of those existing Sets seem thematically inappropriate for Placate Powers (specifically:  Annoyance, Triumphant Insult, Mocking Beratement, Perfect Zinger).

But I do like the change from a purely gameplay stance, so I don't want to see it reverted.

So, to try and bring a little more thematic balance to affairs, I propose these two Sets to be added to the Threat Duration category:

Alluring Excuse  -  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33321-new-threat-duration-set-ideas/#comment-428267

Charming Rebuff  -  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33321-new-threat-duration-set-ideas/#comment-428268

Edited by ArchVileTerror
Added links.

Alluring Excuse Threat Duration Set, Levels 10 to 30, Uncommon

Threat
Threat/Recharge
Threat/Recharge/Range
Recharge/Accuracy
Chance for -Range (-45% Range for 4 Seconds, 3.5 PPM)

2 Slot Bonus:  2.5% Recharge Time (Tiny)
3 Slot Bonus:  1.875% Pos/Neg Def & 0.9375% Ranged Def (Small)
4 Slot Bonus:  1.75% Endurance Discount (Small)
5 Slot Bonus:  8% Regeneration (Moderate)

Charming Rebuff Threat Duration Set, Levels 10 to 30, Rare

Threat
Threat/Recharge
Threat/Recharge/Range
Recharge/Accuracy
Chance for -Confuse (Mag 3 Confuse for 4 Seconds, 2 PPM)

2 Slot Bonus:  3.75% Recharge Time (Small)
3 Slot Bonus:  7% Accuracy (Moderate)
4 Slot Bonus:  1.8% Endurance (Moderate)
5 Slot Bonus:  2.5% Damage (Large)

I feel like adding a chance for -range might step on Tanker Taunt's toes a bit too much, but it is thematically appropriate for an Alluring Excuse. New IO sets in general sound like a good idea, especially ones with small bonuses to impactful stats like Defense and Recharge put a few slots earlier than they otherwise show up.

• Thanks 1

I kind of wanted that -Range Proc to be a small chance for Provoke to work a bit like Taunt, without really impeding on the -75% that Taunt does.  And, slotting it in to a Tanker's Taunt would give a small chance of absolutely decimating a target's Range.

But, yeah.  Maybe it's a little too powerful.  I'm okay with dropping the Proc entirely from that Set and just having it be another stat boost Enhancement.  Maybe Threat/Range.

Similarly, I'm also okay with Alluring Excuse's Set Bonuses being dropped to "Tiny, Tiny, Small, Moderate," "Tiny, Small, Small, Small," or even "Tiny, Tiny, Small, Small," since it's an Uncommon.

I love the idea of new sets.  Love it love it love it.

I do think, however, your set bonuses are way too generous.  Two slots for recharge bonus, even small one, is way overpowered IMO.  Less overpowered is the accuracy bonus for three slots.  I’m not in front of the wiki, but those bonuses are generally in the 4- and 5- set range.  

Given the large number of powers in which tankers and brutes can slot taunt, I don’t think it’s diversifying to make recharge available with two slots.

my two inf

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?