Going for pure damage. Need advice!

FiveDiamondJack

8 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

claws has one of the lowest damage outputs so not really sure why someone suggested it given OP quite clearly asked for a high damage set

1:30 pylon time with claws/bio. Your assessment is very wrong. It also boasts considerable AoE output once enough recharge is in place to cycle followup, spin, shockwave, repeat.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, A Cat said:

The other thing to add is that Shockwave is a ranged blast cone. It has like, 30' of range. Holy shit. Yeah, it is only 90 degrees vs 180 degrees, but that is a lot of area, vs the 7' range of Crowd Control. The downer of course of Shockwave having KB instead of KD. IMO the huge range makes it way easier to use in the thick of things to try and hit the whole mob, with just a hop back to deploy it. 

Your low level attack chain is pretty meh with EM IMO. KD's are really good, as you've said. I like EM better, but definitely not in the lower levels compared to Claws. Claws feels like you're constantly shredding them. I have to use temps to fill in my attack chain with EM on low levels. On a Stalker though, just don't pick Claws over EM unless you are serving a concept. You lose your godly AoE attack. 

Very true! Love EM on my stalker and feel it really shines there, but it seems to shine well everywhere 😂 I was just looking for reasons to run something else on a Scrapper, other than concept. Claws I feel was probably the next closest set to really shine on a Scrap.

Well, this thread blew up a bit lol.

I do have these to 50 and slotted/incarnated already :

Claws/WP

Claws/EA

Claws/SR

And I played a Claw/Invuln on Live. 

After reading this I decided to try a Claws/Bio to see what the fuss was all about. Hit 20 last night and about to log on for a bit and see what kind of trouble I can get into. Thanks to everyone for getting involved and keeping the discussion lively!

Edited by FiveDiamondJack
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

1:30 pylon time with claws/bio. Your assessment is very wrong. It also boasts considerable AoE output once enough recharge is in place to cycle followup, spin, shockwave, repeat.

Correction. 2 min avg time on the claws/bio at the moment. Just went and retested. This gets better as recharge goes up and the pause for followup recharging goes down and he was lacking the extra global recharge from day jobs when I tested. The 1:30 time I keep getting stuck in my head is for my em/bio's avg. Given the vast superiority of claws' AoE over EM's, I'll still take it.

For those wondering, ST chain is followup, focus, slash, repeat. This ends up having a triple stack of FU on focus, so make sure to calculate that in.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

claws has one of the lowest damage outputs so not really sure why someone suggested it given OP quite clearly asked for a high damage set

Just gonna add you to the list of people NEVER TO LISTEN TO CAUSE THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT

• Haha 4

All this talk about raw damage with Claws and EM and not a single mention of Rad. Y'all disappoint.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

7 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

i have also come to the same conclusion 😛 i had the same realisation whilst being dragged by an angry town mob towards the Brazen Bull in the village square

my last words were, “hey @Sovera, why do you have a jar of mint sauce in your hand?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MoonSheep said:

i have also come to the same conclusion 😛 i had the same realisation whilst being dragged by an angry town mob towards the Brazen Bull in the village square

my last words were, “hey @Sovera, why do you have a jar of mint sauce in your hand?”

well, ya know how it goes... sometimes the angry mob is right!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

All this talk about raw damage with Claws and EM and not a single mention of Rad. Y'all disappoint.

I've tried, multiple times. Rad ended up in the junk pile with elec melee for me. Even if the numbers end up ok, I just can't get it to flow for nuthin. All clunk and no sexy. Extra damage aura is nice though.

• Sad 1

I've tried, multiple times. Rad ended up in the junk pile with elec melee for me. Even if the numbers end up ok, I just can't get it to flow for nuthin. All clunk and no sexy. Extra damage aura is nice though.

As a hater of longer animations, I get why you might not like it from a flow point, but it is the farming preferred pick for a reason. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

Rad Melee has its own slower, deliberate pace. It is not for everyone.

I tried multiple times to make an Elec Melee character and none ever gelled properly until my most recent go on an Elec/Stone (brute). Even so, Jacob's Ladder and Thunder Strike are just barely on the edge of tolerable.

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

As a hater of longer animations, I get why you might not like it from a flow point, but it is the farming preferred pick for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

I was lookin for a new farmer. FA/RadMelee/Mu it is then. Maybe this time it'll work.

4 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I was lookin for a new farmer. FA/RadMelee/Mu it is then. Maybe this time it'll work.

Just remember to skip Proton Sweep (personally I'd dump Devastating blow too but some disagree). Cross Punch provides a nice substitute.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

I tried multiple times to make an Elec Melee character and none ever gelled properly until my most recent go on an Elec/Stone (brute). Even so, Jacob's Ladder and Thunder Strike are just barely on the edge of tolerable.

I think Elec for me would only be tolerable on a Stalker. Mine is still only level 14, so I still have to see how well it pans out. Thunder Strike being AoE is about the only saving grace with that long of an animation time.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

20 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

I think Elec for me would only be tolerable on a Stalker. Mine is still only level 14, so I still have to see how well it pans out. Thunder Strike being AoE is about the only saving grace with that long of an animation time.

If you knock them all down with Lightning Rod first the animation time doesn't matter because they aren't going anywhere or doing anything. Of course on a brute you don't really care too much because what are they going to do to you during animation...kill you? When Lightning Rod isn't up I teleport into a group with Thunder Strike queued up on the target I'm teleporting to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I'm not a hater of Elec Melee, like a lot seem to be, but I have to say, Elec Melee on my Elec/Bio Stalker is my favorite with it.

23 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Correction. 2 min avg time on the claws/bio at the moment. Just went and retested. This gets better as recharge goes up and the pause for followup recharging goes down and he was lacking the extra global recharge from day jobs when I tested. The 1:30 time I keep getting stuck in my head is for my em/bio's avg. Given the vast superiority of claws' AoE over EM's, I'll still take it.

For those wondering, ST chain is followup, focus, slash, repeat. This ends up having a triple stack of FU on focus, so make sure to calculate that in.

Are you and Sovera using the same build Bill?

Here's where I started anyways. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Syxxbones: Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(7)
Level 2: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg(5), AchHee-ResDeb%(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(13)
Level 10: Adaptation 
Level 12: Inexhaustible -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal(13), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(15), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(25), Prv-Absorb%(25)
Level 18: Focus -- Dcm-Build%(A), Apc-Dam%(19), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Apc-Dmg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 22: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Spin -- Arm-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Arm-Dam%(29), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal(46)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Shockwave -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dam%(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(37)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 41: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(42), StnoftheM-Dam%(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(43)
Level 44: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(48), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(48)
Level 49: Summon Widow -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(50), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 22: Speed Phase 
------------

Edited by FiveDiamondJack

3 hours ago, FiveDiamondJack said:

Here's where I started anyways. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Syxxbones: Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43)
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(7)
Level 2: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg(5), AchHee-ResDeb%(7)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(13)
Level 10: Adaptation 
Level 12: Inexhaustible -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal(13), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(15), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 16: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(25), Prv-Absorb%(25)
Level 18: Focus -- Dcm-Build%(A), Apc-Dam%(19), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Apc-Dmg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Rchg(23)
Level 20: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 22: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Spin -- Arm-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Arm-Dam%(29), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal(46)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Shockwave -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dam%(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 35: Genetic Contamination -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(37)
Level 38: Parasitic Aura -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 41: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(42), StnoftheM-Dam%(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(43)
Level 44: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(48), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(48)
Level 49: Summon Widow -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(50), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- HO:Micro(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 10: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 10: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 10: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 22: Speed Phase 
------------

Have to say, I'd go Purple set in Shockwave.  Yes, you lose the Damage Proc, but you gain the same set bonuses but better.  Just at first glance of it.