Defender Suggestions

StriderIV

Hi all!

I’ve been a long time Defender sub lurker, but have yet to roll the dice on one. I’m looking for a hero to slow level and really learn the ins and outs of their powerset.

Being primarily a Tanker/Scrapper/Brute player, I felt a Defender would be the perfect archetype for me to do that! A bit of blasting mixed with support seems like it will create a very fluid playstyle. 

Several combos have shot out to me.

Elec/Elec seems cool, since Elect Affinity is a newer powerset.

Dark/something, since Dark seems to be a really good jack of all trades.

Time/DP, just for the cool factor 😂

That being said, I’m very open! What are some powerful Defender combos you have enjoyed playing/love having on your team?

Oh my ... 

Cold/Ice/Power - potent debuffer, frequent choice for endgame content on Live.

Emp/Dark/Dark - my first Emp defender, lots of to hit debuffs to pair with Empathy buffs

Sonic/Dark/Elec - part of the strongest theme team my friends and I ran.

Empathy/Rad/Dark - my first GM.  

Kin/Dark

Dark/Rad

Storm/Sonic - inspired by one of the first defender builds I saw to solo AVs that wasn't a RadEm pre-invention IOs.

Traps/Fire - made for a hard-core SG.  Made it to 20th then over-aggro'd stuff and oopsy.

Empathy/Sonic/Elec - experiment to complete the RWZ challenge back around i13.  Doubt the Rikti would have a chance these days.  Capable of a draw vs a lvl 54 3 boss mob back then.

Just a few of my favorites.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Oh my ... 

Cold/Ice/Power - potent debuffer, frequent choice for endgame content on Live.

Emp/Dark/Dark - my first Emp defender, lots of to hit debuffs to pair with Empathy buffs

Sonic/Dark/Elec - part of the strongest theme team my friends and I ran.

Empathy/Rad/Dark - my first GM.  

Kin/Dark

Dark/Rad

Storm/Sonic - inspired by one of the first defender builds I saw to solo AVs that wasn't a RadEm pre-invention IOs.

Traps/Fire - made for a hard-core SG.  Made it to 20th then over-aggro'd stuff and oopsy.

Empathy/Sonic/Elec - experiment to complete the RWZ challenge back around i13.  Doubt the Rikti would have a chance these days.  Capable of a draw vs a lvl 54 3 boss mob back then.

Just a few of my favorites.

I totally forgot about Storm as an option. Could be fun. Rad/Dark seems like it would be a very strong pairing.

I'm not going to be helpful here...

Pick whatever primary sounds fun; pair it with whatever secondary sounds fun.

The great thing about defenders as opposed to tanks/scrapers/brutes is that play style can be completely different.

Electrical Affinity is an awesome set, but like kinetics, it can be very clicky.

Dark is less clicky, but it has no end recovery, so it can seem a little end heavy.  It is a beast of a power set though.

One of my favorite defenders of all time is my Trick Arrow/Archery/Power

• Thumbs Up 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

Yeah it's really hard to go wrong with any Defender pairing.  Some sets like Trick Arrow I've played but only as either as Controller secondary or as a Corruptor.   Ice/Dark was a very fun combo as a Corruptor and should be strong as a Defender.  And my Illusion/TA was nasty even before the recent changes to Trick Arrow.  Others I haven't tried yet but none jump up and say no way playing that would suck.  We're right back at you've got thousands of character slots pick a couple and go, go, go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Will you be soloing a lot with this toon, or will you be playing mainly on teams? Some defender powersets are a lot more solo-friendly than others.

My favorite defender (largely for concept reasons) is Pain/Sonic. This is not a top-tier combination by any means, but Pain is not a "clicky" set, so I can focus on attacking. The debuffs from Sonic are valuable on a team. Soloing with this toon is possible but masochistic.

My Time/Water and Nature/Water both solo well and contribute well on teams. Water is a great powerset for defenders if you're OK with not soloing AVs (due to the focus on AoE over single target damage). I'd recommend Time/X if you want a tanky defender.

I used to be a big fan of Rad/Sonic, but I find Radiation Emission too slow-moving. I would take the Rad/Sonic over the Pain/Sonic for a really tough mission, but for a fast-moving team, the Pain/Sonic feels better.

General principles:

1. If you're playing a defender solo, you want a primary that has PBAoE buffs and heals. You probably want a secondary other than Sonic.
  2. If you're playing a defender mainly on teams, Sonic Blast is top tier (though by no means the only good choice).
  3. If you're playing a primary that wants to be in or close to melee range (e.g. Electrical Affinity), you probably want a blast set that doesn't rely heavily on cones.
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Bastille Boy said:

Will you be soloing a lot with this toon, or will you be playing mainly on teams? Some defender powersets are a lot more solo-friendly than others.

My favorite defender (largely for concept reasons) is Pain/Sonic. This is not a top-tier combination by any means, but Pain is not a "clicky" set, so I can focus on attacking. The debuffs from Sonic are valuable on a team. Soloing with this toon is possible but masochistic.

My Time/Water and Nature/Water both solo well and contribute well on teams. Water is a great powerset for defenders if you're OK with not soloing AVs (due to the focus on AoE over single target damage). I'd recommend Time/X if you want a tanky defender.

I used to be a big fan of Rad/Sonic, but I find Radiation Emission too slow-moving. I would take the Rad/Sonic over the Pain/Sonic for a really tough mission, but for a fast-moving team, the Pain/Sonic feels better.

General principles:

1. If you're playing a defender solo, you want a primary that has PBAoE buffs and heals. You probably want a secondary other than Sonic.
If you're playing a defender mainly on teams, Sonic Blast is top tier (though by no means the only good choice). If you're playing a primary that wants to be in or close to melee range (e.g. Electrical Affinity), you probably want a blast set that doesn't rely heavily on cones.

QFT

I myself have a top tier storm/water and an EA/water. Both are very survivable and fun on teams. If you try storm, don't skip hurricane. It's a tool that works well in the hands of a careful user. In Electric Affinity all power combos start with Faraday Cage, the ability is almost overpowered for the game.

I can attest to elec/elec's "tankiness". I play solo most of the time and a couple of pets (voltaic and galvanic -- with galvanic being available very early on) is nice to bounce off heals and buffs from. I was surprised when I bumped into AVs and EBs and survived solo. wasn't expecting that at all. Dark/, Kin/, and Traps/ are also some of my faves on fenders.
Storm is fun if you enjoy KB when you're alone like I do. maybe not as strong as the other three I've mentioned, or maybe I just suck at building it. I've heard good things about Time, but I haven't levelled up mine enough to be able to comment. Poison is another one I've been wanting to try, also heard good things about it.

As for secondaries, as long as you keep in mind that you won't be one-shotting foes, then you can devise a strategy around it. 

Edited by Six-Six
  • Like 1

My own current list of defenders which I am investing in

Dark/dark. A solid classic combo. While controls can be a weaker on fast moving teams, there are times where a team can lack controls so having that is nice. 

Time/rad. Kind of an alternate take on Kin/rad as I have done Kin to death. I just think it is a solid all-round build. I was thinking about what mattered in end game content, and Time checked the most boxes.

Cold/water. Can be made into being quite survivable. Cold will be great for end game content.

Thermal/fire or /seismic. Similar to Cold in that both sets have fast animations which matter on faster teams. Applying the shields isn't as one click as I would like since team members can be spread out, but still. Current version uses Fire only lacking anything else I really wanted to play at the time. Fire is better on a Corr, but I wanted Def numbers for Thermal. Seismic I plan on switching to at some point since it is new and adds some mitigation.

I've played a horde on live. I would need to play Kin/elec after the recent changes to Elec, but I found the build a better pairing as a Controller. It was still my main on live. Kin is essentially better on Corrs and Controllers, but Kin/sonic is a legit reason to go Defender. Kin/rad is a toss up between Defender and Corr, but I rolled Defender. Rad/sonic was great for teams/solo. Might prefer Time/sonic theses days. Sonic blast is just really good on a Defender. Dark and Storm are great while on the end heavier side but with IOs and Incarnates, what are end issues these days? My only complaint on Dark is DN's animation time. The current meta prefers faster animations, so DN can go unused at times.

• Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 12/25/2021 at 6:24 PM, Bastille Boy said:

General principles:

2. If you're playing a defender mainly on teams, Sonic Blast is top tier (though by no means the only good choice).
  3. If you're playing a primary that wants to be in or close to melee range (e.g. Electrical Affinity), you probably want a blast set that doesn't rely heavily on cones.

I just wanted to call out how insightful and helpful this was. Thank you!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

My own current list of defenders which I am investing in

Dark/dark. A solid classic combo. While controls can be a weaker on fast moving teams, there are times where a team can lack controls so having that is nice. 

Time/rad. Kind of an alternate take on Kin/rad as I have done Kin to death. I just think it is a solid all-round build. I was thinking about what mattered in end game content, and Time checked the most boxes.

Cold/water. Can be made into being quite survivable. Cold will be great for end game content.

Thermal/fire or /seismic. Similar to Cold in that both sets have fast animations which matter on faster teams. Applying the shields isn't as one click as I would like since team members can be spread out, but still. Current version uses Fire only lacking anything else I really wanted to play at the time. Fire is better on a Corr, but I wanted Def numbers for Thermal. Seismic I plan on switching to at some point since it is new and adds some mitigation.

I've played a horde on live. I would need to play Kin/elec after the recent changes to Elec, but I found the build a better pairing as a Controller. It was still my main on live. Kin is essentially better on Corrs and Controllers, but Kin/sonic is a legit reason to go Defender. Kin/rad is a toss up between Defender and Corr, but I rolled Defender. Rad/sonic was great for teams/solo. Might prefer Time/sonic theses days. Sonic blast is just really good on a Defender. Dark and Storm are great while on the end heavier side but with IOs and Incarnates, what are end issues these days? My only complaint on Dark is DN's animation time. The current meta prefers faster animations, so DN can go unused at times.

All of these are great. I actually like your call out of Time/Rad, since I feel there is some good synergy there with the PBAOE’s.

How do you like it overall? I assume since you can hit your defense soft caps fairly easily with Time, you can afford to proc out Rad Blast a bit more.

41 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

All of these are great. I actually like your call out of Time/Rad, since I feel there is some good synergy there with the PBAOE’s.

How do you like it overall? I assume since you can hit your defense soft caps fairly easily with Time, you can afford to proc out Rad Blast a bit more.

Mine's only 25. Previous mood was waiting until 22 and slotting common IOs. I would do sets at 50. Now I will slot whatever as I level and then do a final respect at level 50. I just have been playing the build with almost no real slotting. Once I get a tank to 27(its 26) and can pull a respect on that build, I'll like start working on getting IOs into the Time/rad. I haven't really looked at a build yet.

I did a lot of support of live, and not much has survived on HC, and less so Defenders. The Time/rad is my second highest, but it might be the one I want to invest in when I get around to it. And yes, the PBAoE aspect is partly why I paired the two together. I was doing Poison/rad when I decided that it would be better as a Poison/dark.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

2 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Since HC started (and heck, even for the last year or two of the game's original lifetime), I've play Time/Rad as a sort of on-again-off-again "main" (currently at the "on again" stage, at that), and the way I always explain it to people is that I have that little blue shield for an AT icon because I'm there to be a tank.  It's an incredibly fun build that's pretty close to untouchable.  At lower levels, you've gotta herd stuff up a little bit and get a feel for where/when to drop a Distortion Field, but is extremely sturdy outside of the occasional mez breaking through your defenses and kinda ruining your day.  And then at 50 you hit Incarnates and can get mez protection, and a 50%-uptime taunt aura through Hybrid, and you really, truly do become a "tank", more or less, and basically just fling yourself into the front lines.  I put myself on pull-duty for a Mothership Raid yesterday, it was good times.

And that's on top of the general team benefits.  You can extend your sturdiness to your whole team for the most part, and soften up some of the harder targets, too.  It's good stuff.

The biggest limitation, at least in my build, is that it tends to be a leeeeetle demanding on Endurance, but as long as I can keep myself from bottom-ing out between Chrono Shifts, it's not too much trouble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

Since HC started (and heck, even for the last year or two of the game's original lifetime), I've play Time/Rad as a sort of on-again-off-again "main" (currently at the "on again" stage, at that), and the way I always explain it to people is that I have that little blue shield for an AT icon because I'm there to be a tank.  It's an incredibly fun build that's pretty close to untouchable.  At lower levels, you've gotta herd stuff up a little bit and get a feel for where/when to drop a Distortion Field, but is extremely sturdy outside of the occasional mez breaking through your defenses and kinda ruining your day.  And then at 50 you hit Incarnates and can get mez protection, and a 50%-uptime taunt aura through Hybrid, and you really, truly do become a "tank", more or less, and basically just fling yourself into the front lines.  I put myself on pull-duty for a Mothership Raid yesterday, it was good times.

And that's on top of the general team benefits.  You can extend your sturdiness to your whole team for the most part, and soften up some of the harder targets, too.  It's good stuff.

The biggest limitation, at least in my build, is that it tends to be a leeeeetle demanding on Endurance, but as long as I can keep myself from bottom-ing out between Chrono Shifts, it's not too much trouble.

If you have a sample build of this my friend, I’d love to see it. Unfortunately, Mids isn’t jiving with my Mac right now, but if you could copy and paste I’d appreciate it!

2 hours ago, StriderIV said:

If you have a sample build of this my friend, I’d love to see it. Unfortunately, Mids isn’t jiving with my Mac right now, but if you could copy and paste I’d appreciate it!

Sure, though bear in mind that it's pretty high-end (it's my main, after all) and not exactly what's considered the "meta" these days because I have certain goals in mind when I build stuff, and I'm not a fan of procs, either.  So it may not be entirely to taste (and I'm sure there are plenty of people who will jump in and tell me how wrong and bad it is).  But it does me damn well nonetheless so it might at least be a decent starting point.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Temporal Mending -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(3), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(5), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: X-Ray Beam -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 4: Irradiate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(9), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 6: Time's Juncture -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(7), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(7), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(9)
Level 8: Infiltration -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(40), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(48)
Level 10: Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(11), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(11), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(13)
Level 12: Time Crawl -- PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(13), TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(37), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48)
Level 14: Temporal Selection -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(15), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(15), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(34), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 16: Proton Volley -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dam%(17), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Apc-Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(19), Ksm-Def/EndRdx(19), Ksm-ToHit+(21)
Level 20: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 22: Time Stop -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(23), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(23), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(25), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(31)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 26: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(27), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(27)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(29), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 30: Teleport -- Jnt-EndRdx/Rng(A)
Level 32: Chrono Shift -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(33), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(33), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Neutron Bomb -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(36), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Atomic Blast -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(50)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(45), GldArm-ResDam(45)
Level 47: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(43)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
------------

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Sure, though bear in mind that it's pretty high-end (it's my main, after all) and not exactly what's considered the "meta" these days because I have certain goals in mind when I build stuff, and I'm not a fan of procs, either.  So it may not be entirely to taste (and I'm sure there are plenty of people who will jump in and tell me how wrong and bad it is).  But it does me damn well nonetheless so it might at least be a decent starting point.

Reveal hidden contents

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Temporal Mending -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(3), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(5), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: X-Ray Beam -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 4: Irradiate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(9), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Arm-Dam%(46)
Level 6: Time's Juncture -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(7), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(7), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(9)
Level 8: Infiltration -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(40), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(48)
Level 10: Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(11), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(11), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(13)
Level 12: Time Crawl -- PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(13), TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(37), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48)
Level 14: Temporal Selection -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(15), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(15), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(34), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 16: Proton Volley -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dam%(17), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Apc-Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Farsight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(19), Ksm-Def/EndRdx(19), Ksm-ToHit+(21)
Level 20: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 22: Time Stop -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(23), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(23), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(25), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(31)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25)
Level 26: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(27), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(27)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(29), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 30: Teleport -- Jnt-EndRdx/Rng(A)
Level 32: Chrono Shift -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(33), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(33), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Neutron Bomb -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(36), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Atomic Blast -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(50)
Level 41: Power Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), GldArm-3defTpProc(45), GldArm-ResDam(45)
Level 47: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(43)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
------------

This is phenomenal man and exactly what I’m looking for. I’ll definitely use it as a base and let you know how it goes! 

A very good option for Time is Ice blast. It complements Time/ to such a point you will start thinking you are a tanker. I've used one as a tanker on a full team before.

With time, I might suggest you try putting in either dark watcher's dispair or Deflated Ego proc into Time's Juncture. If you use both, you will be able to taunt almost as good as a tank (not if he's actively using the taunt power though.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Ankhammon said:

A very good option for Time is Ice blast. It complements Time/ to such a point you will start thinking you are a tanker. I've used one as a tanker on a full team before.

With time, I might suggest you try putting in either dark watcher's dispair or Deflated Ego proc into Time's Juncture. If you use both, you will be able to taunt almost as good as a tank (not if he's actively using the taunt power though.

I’ll definitely look at that as well man! I saw your Time/Ice thread before, and was using that as inspiration.

16 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I mentioned disliking Seismic animations elsewhere, but I caved and ran one to 12. Well, it is going to play better in melee despite lacking a PBAoE so something like Time is far better than Thermal since Thermal would rather be a Hover blaster. I guess I'm keeping the Thermal/fire. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

18 hours ago, Ankhammon said:

Wouldn't it only have a 20% chance to proc each every 10 seconds? It sounds awesome but I doubt its working near that well, IF its working as intended. 

On 12/28/2021 at 1:56 PM, Enots said:

Wouldn't it only have a 20% chance to proc each every 10 seconds? It sounds awesome but I doubt its working near that well, IF its working as intended. 

Yes, but remember they are already PO'd at you for having a debuff on em with TJ. The added procs (particularly as I had both) meant I was only ever lonely if a tanker used Taunt.

And if you use them before getting your IO's in order you will have some moments where you really want to remove them. 😉