SHOes and HOes and D-syncs

Arbegla

Are the bucketed by type, level, 'origin' or any of the above? I recently purchased a level 42 tohit buff/def buff/end SHO for 1 inf, but the history is gone, and now I'm curious if they are purely bucketed with everything else and that is why the history is really wonky for them.

Edited by Arbegla

One could create a couple of characters on Beta, grant some enhancements and inf, and have one character sell to the other to test it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, these types are bundled by what they enhance, regardless of level or source.  So a level 50 acc/dam HO is bundled with a level 35 acc/dam D-Sync, a level 40 acc/dam Titan-O, and level 43 acc/dam Hydra-O.  You can also use them interchangeably to combine and boost a level.

Note that D-Syncs have a few combinations that are unique to just D-Syncs and therefore have no comparable HO/TO/HyO to bundle with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Yes, these types are bundled by what they enhance, regardless of level or source.

Based on numbers from the AH (live servers), it appears that they are bundled by source, but not by level. A level 50 End/Res HO has the same Bidding/For Sale numbers as the other level 50 End/Res special enhancements. However, a level 51 End/Res HO has different Bidding/For Sale numbers from the level 50 version. Clicking through other levels of the same enhancement shows different Bidding/For Sale numbers for each level. This leads me to believe that they are not bundled by level.

I believe that the way it is supposed to work is that they are bucketed by type and level, like SOs.  A level 48 Lysosome is equivalent to a level 48 Delta Particle Exposure.  You can sell it as one and buy it as another, and you can combine different names.  I can vouch for all this by experience.

However, something funny has been happening since DSOs were introduced.  Things that hadn't had problems with false trading histories have started glitching.  Level 53 Nucleolus, for example, has been inconsistent where I had never noticed any glitches pre-DSO.  It's possible it was always happening but I just didn't see it.

Who run Bartertown?

14 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Based on numbers from the AH (live servers), it appears that they are bundled by source, but not by level.

You are right.  I was wrong.  I was going from memory and was thinking they acted like recipes and crafted set IOs.  In fact, this is a lucrative corner of the market -- selling level 53 HOs.

6 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

You are right.  I was wrong.  I was going from memory and was thinking they acted like recipes and crafted set IOs.  In fact, this is a lucrative corner of the market -- selling level 53 HOs.

I can assure you I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

Great movie!...  Inconceivable!

Anyway.  I've noticed the D-Sync have been all over the place and not sure if it is a glitch or just shiny.  I put up one that I got the other day for what I thought was fair at 2 mil and it sold within seconds for 36 mil.  When I checked the history the pricing was all over the place at 5, 25, 10, 37, and 12.  I honestly didn't think anything on the AH was going for more than mid 20s.  There were 72 bids and 1 for sale when I listed.  Makes me wonder what the sell price of that 1 is.  Anyway... oddity I'm sure that will be fixed soon(tm).

• Haha 1

I think the "special" D-syncs (the ones that don't have HO/SHO/Titan-O/Hydra-O equivalent) are all over the place because the only way you're getting them is running the ASF which makes the supply inconsistent. From what I can see there are items listed for sale for each of them but they're probably listed for strange prices because it's anybody's guess what they're actually worth right now. The last 5 sales for every one I've seen go back at least 2 days, some more than 4. I don't understand the market for these either - the last 5 for the level 50 threat/acc/rech one is 45/45/51/100/47.5 which is so confusing to me because I can't think of a single power they'd be worth slotting in.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 12/29/2021 at 9:57 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

You'd have to define lucrative. It certainly can be, but it depends on your source of the enhancement. This particular market can be tricky. You can do the math, buy the 4 level 50 Special-Os necessary to make a 53 at a price which may make you some profit, but when you try it with a level 48 to combine with a 51 or a 52 or even a 50, sometimes...sometimes, the RNG laughs in your face for your greed. This happened to me once on the cytos, which for reasons that defy any logic my poor mind came up with, the history showed several bids of 120 to 130M. I don't use them, had some in the base taking up space and tried to be greedy. On the one hand, a 52 still sells for a nice chunk. But losing that one 48 cyto still cost me about 40M. Maybe a little less. I'm still traumatized a full year later. I've tried to repress it from my mind in self-defense. 

And what's this nonsense about Flea being wrong? BLASPHEMY! Good thing we have it in writing. I don't know that this has occurred before. Maybe THAT's why the servers shut down an hour earlier than I expected! DOOOOOOM!

• Haha 1

• 1 year later
On 1/3/2022 at 3:21 PM, macskull said:

I think the "special" D-syncs (the ones that don't have HO/SHO/Titan-O/Hydra-O equivalent) are all over the place because the only way you're getting them is running the ASF which makes the supply inconsistent. From what I can see there are items listed for sale for each of them but they're probably listed for strange prices because it's anybody's guess what they're actually worth right now. The last 5 sales for every one I've seen go back at least 2 days, some more than 4. I don't understand the market for these either - the last 5 for the level 50 threat/acc/rech one is 45/45/51/100/47.5 which is so confusing to me because I can't think of a single power they'd be worth slotting in.

Old question, but Fold Space is a good spot for the Acc/Recharge

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later

Sometimes, I can't help but suspect provocations are a mistake. The dev who made them may not have realized that unlike set IO's, these are not restricted in what category they can go in, and acc/rech significantly benefits certain powers that cannot get that combo from set IO's.

It's a cautionary tale of how new enhancements have to be very carefully balanced, subject to comprehensive testing, and swiftly nerfed or adjusted if unintended uses surface.

In any event, I'm satisfied with the price as-is and think it serves as a well-deserved boost to ASF participation. It's pretty good, but a 7 mission SF (with one mission that sends you to 3 more instances) in 2023 needs a hefty payoff, and merits don't cut it.

Gonna have to rummage around the D-Sync Bin t the base.  Mama needs a new pair of 4 inch spikes.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

7 hours ago, Zect said:

Sometimes, I can't help but suspect provocations are a mistake. The dev who made them may not have realized that unlike set IO's, these are not restricted in what category they can go in, and acc/rech significantly benefits certain powers that cannot get that combo from set IO's.

It's a cautionary tale of how new enhancements have to be very carefully balanced, subject to comprehensive testing, and swiftly nerfed or adjusted if unintended uses surface.

In any event, I'm satisfied with the price as-is and think it serves as a well-deserved boost to ASF participation. It's pretty good, but a 7 mission SF (with one mission that sends you to 3 more instances) in 2023 needs a hefty payoff, and merits don't cut it.

Eh, not really.  I’m speed running 4-star Aeons almost daily now.  Once you get it down, it’s actually easier than MLTF let alone a 4-star ITF and can be run in 30-40 mins tops.

The typical D-syncs don’t run at this price.  It just seems that its this one (Provocation/Threat).  And it’s luck of the draw if you get one of those.  I’ve gotten one, slotted it into a Taunt aura to save some slots.  I’m sure there’s better uses for it or maybe it can even be exploited somehow…I’m too dumb to figure that out.  But reward vs. risk isn’t there for the Aeon 4-star at least.  

*Edit* Someone PM’d me the “exploit” for D-Sync Provocations in Benumb to save a slot.  I’m not that slot starved to pop 700MM on it to buy a slot for elsewhere on any of my toons.  But, I get it….if you’ve got the funds to blow, what else are you gonna blow it on?

Edited by Crysis

Just about all my lvl 50s have one or more *Os at this point, but the added value is rather marginal for the most part.  My thought process usually goes something like this:

1.  Can I put a boosted purple in there?  A Schedule A power like Accuracy or Damage or Recharge will get me +41.4% to a dual power like A/R.  Costs about 20mm in total.  Purples tend to have good bonuses.  Cons:  can only put one of these in across your entire build.

2.  Can I put a 53 *O in there?  A 53 Provocation will get me +38.3% to every aspect which is great if you can use all three aspects of it (purple triples max out at +33.1%).  You can put as many in your build as you can afford, but costs are awfully high.  Cons:  no potential set bonuses.

3.  Can I frankenslot an IO?  A +5 lvl 50 dual gives you +33.1%, which isn't too shabby.  Your costs will be 5mm+ and most of that will be the boosters.  Cons:  no set bonuses will work if you exemplar below 47 unless you are using PVP IOs.

4.  Can I use two slots and put in two lvl 50 common IOs and boost them to +5?  That's averaging +26.5% per slot to each attribute.  Costs again are basically the cost of the boosters.  Cons:  no bonuses, need an extra slot.

When you account for the value of bonuses in certain areas, it may shade your choices (I usually use +53 cytoskeletons because I rarely need any of the defense bonuses) and your need for a slot here versus there will also play a role.

For me, I think I've got a 53 Provocation or two slotted in about one out of ten of my 50s.  And that's mainly because what the hell else am I going to spend my hoarded trillion on?

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

How is a D-Sync provo an exploit in Benumb?  That's the point of them, and frankly the point of Hamis all along.  In ye olden days you could save a slot or two on acc or dmg using acc/dmg HOs.  That's the same with provos in Fulcrum Shift, Benumb or Heat Exhaustion.  Really perplexed at someone finding that to be an exploit. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2