Plant/Savage/Ice Build Review

optimistic

Hi all.  I'd like to get some feedback on my Dominator.  I have plenty of influence, so that's not a consideration.  I'll be playing solo and on teams.  All feedback is welcome.  I specifically would like to know:

• Any problem with skipping Carrion Creepers, Spore Burst, and Unkindness?
  • I have lots of Procs slotted in Sleet and Ice Storm.  Is that a good idea?
  • Any suggestions on how to use Feral Charge other than to start a fight?  After playing a Savage Stalker, I was disappointed to find out Feral Charge is single target.

Thanks in advance!

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.1.2
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Feral Ferment: Level 50 Science Dominator
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Savage Assault
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strangler

• (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Decimation - Damage/Endurance
  • (17) Decimation - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 1: Call Swarm

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 2: Maiming Slash

• (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (13) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Superior Blistering Cold - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime

Level 4: Vicious Slash

• (A) Hecatomb - Damage
  • (5) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (11) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance
  • (11) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (13) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 6: Entangle

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 8: Seeds of Confusion

• (A) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Accuracy/Control Duration
  • (9) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Control Duration/Recharge
  • (9) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Endurance/Recharge
  • (15) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
  • (40) Superior Ascendency of the Dominator - Recharge/Chance for +Damage

Level 10: Combat Jumping

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 12: Spirit Tree

• (A) Healing IO

Level 14: Kick

• (A) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge

Level 16: Spot Prey

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 18: Vines

• (A) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold
  • (19) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Hold/Recharge
  • (19) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (21) Unbreakable Constraint - Endurance/Hold
  • (21) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (50) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)

Level 20: Rending Flurry

• (A) Obliteration - Damage
  • (23) Obliteration - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (23) Obliteration - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (27) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 22: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (27) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (33) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (43) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
  • (46) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

Level 24: Weave

Level 26: Maneuvers

Level 28: Blood Craze

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (29) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (29) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (31) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (31) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (33) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 30: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (31) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 32: Fly Trap

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge

Level 35: Call Hawk

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (36) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (48) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 38: Feral Charge

• (A) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage
  • (39) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Touch of Death - Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Touch of Death - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Touch of Death - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 41: Sleet

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (42) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (42) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
  • (42) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (43) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage
  • (43) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 44: Frozen Armor

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (45) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (45) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (45) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
  • (46) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (46) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

Level 47: Ice Storm

• (A) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (48) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (48) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (50) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing)
  • (50) Ice Mistral's Torment - Chance for Cold Damage

Level 49: Super Speed

• (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 1: Domination 

Level 1: Brawl
  • Like 1

I can answer at least a couple of my own questions after experimenting on the test server.

• Any problem with skipping Carrion Creepers, Spore Burst, and Unkindness?

I definitely want Carrion Creepers.  It seems to do very good damage.  Moreover, it travels with you which I did not realize.  I am wondering how Procs work in it still.

• I have lots of Procs slotted in Sleet and Ice Storm.  Is that a good idea?

The procs I had slotted in Sleet and Ice Storm appear to be completely useless.  So, I'll be taking them out.  I had read about people placing a -Res Proc in Sleet, but is anyone sure it's working?

• Like 1

Hi, I'm working on my Plant/Savage Dominator.  I was going Mace for Shield and Personal Force Field.   

I really like the way your slotted powers, and Ice has some nice powers like Sleet that add a Defense Debuff.

Carrion Creepers is probably your best Power, why skip it?  A lot of people base entire Plant Dom buillds around the power.

A lot of people do not slot Sleet heavily, definitely Achilles Heel. 

You don't need Spirit Tree really.   You could skip that.

Also Feral Charge could be Four Slotted with Kinetic Combat for a Decent Defense Bonus.

I was writing this before you responded, and I agree with your assessment. 

Edited by IronJuke

Carrion Creepers is not only excellent on its own but is also incredible with damage procs (slow, immob, ranged damage, targeted aoe damage) - the vines put out a ton of attacks and every attack has a chance to proc each damage proc so it really does absolutely monster damage. I stuff mine I think with 5 procs and a +5 acc/dam/rech to get the recharge down exactly to 120sec.  2nd best power in the set after seeds of confusion. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  I'm definitely keeping the creepers now, and I'll likely swap Spirit Tree out for Tactics.  Any advice on how to slot Sleet or Ice Storm?  Damage Procs did not seem to work in either of them.  How can I test if the Achilles Heel proc works in Sleet? 

• Like 1

Your build plan was intriguing, and so it was tempting to put together a build. So, here's a potential permadom build. 

The basic idea is to cast seeds, then sleet, then feral charge into melee range to fight. Call hawk will reduce recharge times with a +recharge FF IO in it, plus there are two -res procs to boost self and team damage. A reasonable single target rotation could be spot prey (when up), vicious slash, maiming slash, and call hawk. Or, when spot prey is down a(nother) reasonable single target rotation could be maiming slash, vicious slash, maiming slash, call hawk, rinse and repeat. Liberal use of feral charge, when switching targets, will build +damage procs from the AT IO. Rending fury can be inserted when it's ready and crowds are nearby. Creepers, sleet, seeds, and rending flurry will together lead to much higher AOE damage than would be immediately apparent just by looking at the damage done by rending flurry. 

Melee range is where smash / lethal defense matters more, and so it's probably the safest place to be in most cases. To make melee even safer rune of protection and melee hybrid can be rotated, with resists taken to a noticeably higher level three quarters of the time that way. Blood craze can help for spot heals when meaningful damage occurs. That gives multiple layers of meaningfully built up defenses (defense, noticeable resistances, a good heal, good regen, and absorb from a proc). Look at the build with rune of protection switched on and off, and then do the same with melee hybrid (with rune of protection off) to get a better sense of the range within resists would tend to float while fighting in endgame content. Finally, rune of protection offers a reactive mez breaker when mez penetrates domination and when domination is not up. This build also has 50% resistance to recharge and run speed debuffs.

Destiny incarnate choices could reasonably be rebirth, barrier, or ageless; ageless boosts damage by boosting recharge, and so that would be a reasonable default choice. For harder content a different destiny might work better, depending on team composition. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Call Swarm -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Maiming Slash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(17)
Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(7), GldStr-%Dam(42)
Level 6: Spore Burst -- FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg(A)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(9), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(11), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(11), CrcPrs-Conf%(13)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(33), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 16: Spot Prey -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(17), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 18: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 20: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(23), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(25), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(25)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), TraoftheH-Dam%(42)
Level 28: Blood Craze -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(31), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(34), ShlWal-Def(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Apc-Acc/Rchg(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 38: Feral Charge -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), TchofDth-Dam%(42), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(43)
Level 41: Sleet -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Heal/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal(48)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-ResDam(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(7)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(43)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 11:39 PM, optimistic said:

I was disappointed to find out Feral Charge is single target.

It sucks that it is single target

Spoiler

5zm9wa.jpg

Could use Feral followed by Rending Flurry by themselves, one filler between each Rending since its about 4 second recharge.  Feral, Rending, Filler, Feral, Rending, Filler

Unfortunately damage procs only hit the initial targeted mob.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

This is my current build right now for reference.  It was based on other Controller/Dominator builds I've seen and used myself. 

I'm still learning to play the AT, and getting familiar with Savage powers, so this may change.  I'm very familiar with Controllers but Doms not so much.

Doms and Corrupters take a lot more finesse than other Archetypes. 

This is an expensive Build.  But not every power uses expensive Enhancements. 

Titania Plant Savage Dom.mxd

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Titania: Level 50 Science Dominator
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Call Swarm -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Strangler -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-Slow%(3), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 2: Maiming Slash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Hct-Dam%(15)
Level 6: Vines -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(15), BslGaz-Slow%(17), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(17)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(21), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(21), CrcPrs-Conf%(23)
Level 10: Roots -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(23), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(25), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(27)
Level 12: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Spot Prey -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34)
Level 20: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(36), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- PstBls-Dam%(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(39), RechRdx-I(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), TraoftheH-Dam%(40), ExpStr-Dam%(40)
Level 28: Blood Craze -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(40), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(42), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(43), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(45), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(45)
Level 35: Call Hawk -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Apc-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Feral Charge -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 44: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50)
Level 47: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
Level 49: Speed Phase 
Level 44: Double Jump 
------------

Edited by IronJuke

A common misconception is that dominators should be making use of the contagious confusion proc in seeds of confusion. Because of domination buffing the magnitude up to 6 it is really not needed in the same way that it can be beneficial for controller SoC or other confuse powers. The only reason you should put 6 CP IOs into SoC is for the ranged defense, but dominators have plenty of opportunities to find their 5 purple 10% recharge bonuses elsewhere.

Below is my preffered slotting for SoC, which brings the range of the cone up from 50 ft to 75 ft. It enhances the recharge by 46.38%, which is within the range of keeping the procs at capped chance to trigger. With 90% chance to fire, the 2 dmg procs always feel valuable. The dmg buff from ascendency is basically always applied at the start of the fight before you unload your alpha strike, and because of the animation time of SoC and inclusion of dmg procs can still be used in a single target rotation against an AV. Properly proc'd and range enhanced SoC can do so much more than SoC with a full set of coercive persuasion. The purple set is not good for this power on dominators.

Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- Ccp-Dam%(A), MlsIll-Dam%(13), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(13), Range-I(15), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(15), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(17)

Sleet is also ironically excellent with 5 Ragnaroks for the set bonuses and base values. +5 your IOs here and you get 97.39 recharge reduction and 41.41 endredux for your sleet. Remember that sleet endurance cost to cast is 22.75 for dominators and can be a huge tax on your blue bar. There is no other slotting that provides recharge/endredux values like that also takes care of one of your purple sets for your build. The accuracy buff from Ragnarok also contributes to the above slotting of SoC which has zero accuracy, and any other attack that you would like to proc load with zero accuracy slotting. Coercive Persuasion does not have an accuracy buff. A single achilles heel proc in Sleet is not sufficient for how awesome this power is, and the entire reason you choose Ice Mastery over ancillary option B. Ragnaroks in Sleet is very slot efficient. 

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 1

Currently on fire.

53 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- Ccp-Dam%(A), MlsIll-Dam%(13), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(13), Range-I(15), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(15), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(17)

Interesting!  I didn't realize you could slot Seeds for damage procs.   I mainly slotted Coercive for the 10% Recharge boost, and the Ranged Defense.  Can you post your whole build?   I figured out what Enchancements you used by playing with it in Mids.   Great suggestion, thanks! 

Edited by IronJuke

1 hour ago, IronJuke said:

Interesting!  I didn't realize you could slot Seeds for damage procs.   I mainly slotted Coercive for the 10% Recharge boost, and the Ranged Defense.  Can you post your whole build?   I figured out what Enchancements you used by playing with it in Mids.   Great suggestion, thanks! 

I play plant/thorny not savage, but if you would like I can share that build. My plant/thorny does not have very standard methods of slotting. It is built around my playstyle and is consistently played with sg base buffs and amplifiers. 

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

47 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

I play plant/thorny not savage, but if you would like I can share that build. My plant/thorny does not have very standard methods of slotting. It is built around my playstyle and is consistently played with sg base buffs and amplifiers. 

Sure!  Please post it.  It's interesting to see what other players come up with, although I realize our playstyles aren't the same.

One thing cool about CoH is you don't have to use cookie cutter builds. 

There was a discussion about base buffs to help with Recharge for Perma-dom.  I hadn't really needed them with other toons as some of them seem OP.

On 12/29/2021 at 1:39 AM, optimistic said:

Any suggestions on how to use Feral Charge other than to start a fight?  After playing a Savage Stalker, I was disappointed to find out Feral Charge is single target.

In addition to what others have mentioned about Feral Charge being an AoE, it's maybe worth noting that you can Feral Charge while hovering or flying. This allows a Savage Dominator to have the safety and extra defense from Hover without the movement penalty. In addition, for some reason Unkindness does not root the caster, or at least does not prevent upward movement from hitting spacebar while Hovering. This allows you an easy way to hover away from the enemy and then Feral Charge back into range for extra damage.