Lvl 50 Boosts, Retcons & Incarnate Recipes

I started a previous thread on Lvl 50 Boost Tokens. After the fact I believe for me the 20 million influence price tag alone was not going to be a healthy compromise. My post set out to create a solution without asking the necessary questions. May I have another attempt to ask about lvl 50 Boosts and Retcons? 

Level 50 Boost Token...

Isn't available to brand new players.

Maybe its like a T3/T4 incarnate recipe that involves threads/shards/orange & purple incarnate salvage/merits/influence?

How would a level 50 Boost Token be transferrable between toons when incarnate components are soulbound and not account bound?

Trade some incarnate materials to Luna in Ouroboros to unlock a Lvl 50 Boost Token?

Full Reroll Retcon...

Is available to everyone. At almost any level. Let players play the character they want to play.

P2W Vendor item for x amount of influence? or maybe its another incarnate recipe?

Thanks,

Lightning Drone.

Edited by GM Kaiju
  • Thumbs Down 7

A "full reroll retcon" already exists: just re-roll it. 

Not even gonna touch the insta 50 thing AGAIN. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Not convinced we need another of these threads ...

4 hours ago, LightningDrone said:

Let players play the character they want to play.

What do you think is currently preventing this?

16 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

A "full reroll retcon" already exists: just re-roll it. 

Absolutely.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nope. This isn't like other games that start at max lvl.

Also, you can dualbox farm a toon to 50 with about as much investment as you're proposing here. This also comes with the many other benefits of having a dualbox farmer.

• Thanks 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

22 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

I don't know... While I'd say we really don't need an "insta-50" button of any sort, being able to do a Full Respec that allowed changing a primary or secondary power set would be nice. 

This already exists. There are just 4 easy steps.

1. Go to a tailor and save your character's costume(s).
  2. Log out to the character screen and delete the character.
  3. Make a new character, upload the new costume an choose the same name.
  4. Enter the game.

This allows you to recreate the character as a different AT and with any powersets that you choose. Everything else will be the same. The exact same costume, body type and dimensions, everything.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

41 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

This already exists. There are just 4 easy steps.

1. Go to a tailor and save your character's costume(s).
  2. Log out to the character screen and delete the character.
  3. Make a new character, upload the new costume an choose the same name.
  4. Enter the game.

This allows you to recreate the character as a different AT and with any powersets that you choose. Everything else will be the same. The exact same costume, body type and dimensions, everything.

<_<

A character list the size of mine and you think I don't know how to make an alt... Jeezus H Christ on a pogo stick.

I know that being a deliberately obtuse snarktopus is just SOP for this forum, but seriously. Being able to respec a power set wouldn't be a BadWrongOIMGAwful Thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

You would lose any badges you had earned.  Other than that I agree, just re-roll.

13 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

A character list the size of mine and you think I don't know how to make an alt... Jeezus H Christ on a pogo stick.

1. I have no idea how large your character list is. How could I possibly know that?
  2. I was simply pointing out that what is being asked for in this thread can already be done, just not in the exact way that the OP is asking for.
  3. I am against a full insta-respec for the same reason that I'm against an insta-level 50.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:
  1. I have no idea how large your character list is. How could I possibly know that?
  2. I was simply pointing out that what is being asked for in this thread can already be done, just not in the exact way that the OP is asking for.
  3. I am against a full insta-respec for the same reason that I'm against an insta-level 50.

We've discussed things enough times that you know I'm not some newbie who has no clue how the game works, Per... You just wanted to be a snark because you don't like the idea. It's okay to be honest about that. 

In any case, we know from past threads where set/AT-respecs have been requested and discussed that it actually isn't possible given the way characters are handled, so you have nothing to worry about. It's not going to happen without major rewrites, and we all know how likely THAT is. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 minute ago, Coyotedancer said:

You just wanted to be a snark because you don't like the idea. It's okay to be honest about that.

Well that and the fact that I'm no longer allowed to just /jranger.

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Well that and the fact that I'm no longer allowed to just /jranger.

Did I miss a memo? Is it typing /jranger that has suddenly become verboten? Or the pic? Which, granted, was on the large end of pics. Considering how close I am to a perma-ban, inquiring minds want to know.

• Confused 1

/justjranger

• Haha 1

Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

17 minutes ago, A Cat said:

Nice knowing you bro.

/NaughtyByJRanger

/ForceofJRanger

/JRangerRick

/RandallParkJRanger

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Did I miss a memo? Is it typing /jranger that has suddenly become verboten? Or the pic? Which, granted, was on the large end of pics. Considering how close I am to a perma-ban, inquiring minds want to know.

I can't answer that as I want to continue to be allowed to post.

Also, because I don't want to break the rules by continuing to stray off topic, I have to say that I'm completely against both a Level 50 boost token and a full reroll retcon.

• Thumbs Up 2