Traps/Beam/Scorp Feedback

ThrillMill

Hi Fenders,

I've never attempted a "BEAM" anything in all my days here in the City and thought it might be time. From some brief interaction while in-game, it was recommended to me that it's an effective set for the Defender AT due primarily to the strong -Regen debuff it provides. If I understand correctly, it's important to first utilize the disintegrate power and follow up with the other single target attacks to spread the effect? If this is the case, what are the key single-target powers to use? 

I've included my 1st attempt for your review. Please let me know how to improve the synergies/build. Thank. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Defender
Primary Power Set: Traps
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Caltrops -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(48), Rgn-Knock%(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 1: Single Shot -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dam%(7)
Level 2: Triage Beacon -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(5)
Level 6: Acid Mortar -- GldJvl-Acc/End/Rech(A), GldJvl-Dam%(7), Dvs-Hold%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(15), TchofLadG-%Dam(34), ShlBrk-%Dam(34)
Level 8: Force Field Generator -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-ResDam%(13)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(40)
Level 12: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Dam%(31), GldNet-Dam%(33), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(33), NrnSht-Dam%(33), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 14: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(15)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(17)
Level 18: Seeker Drones -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(19), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(19), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(21)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 22: Teleport Target -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(46)
Level 24: Teleport -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(A), WntGif-ResSlow(25)
Level 26: Trip Mine -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(27)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(45)
Level 30: Fold Space -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Piercing Beam -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(36), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(36), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(36), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Overcharge -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Rgn-Dmg(40)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(42), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), RedFrt-Def(43), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 44: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Disintegrating 
Level 14: Speed Phase 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp 
------------

The force field generator defense buff isn't applying correctly in mids. You'll have to do some math to figure out your actual defense. Once you do, I think you will reconsider your decision to take Scorpion shield. Agility also cuts into your proc chances.

Trip mine is not like the blaster version, this version has a very long root time and very interruptible. You are also missing out on the other 3 pieces of the vigilant assault set for another easy 10% global recharge. You are also missing the PVP + resist unique from shield wall, if you are planning to go all out with winters and purples there's no reason for you to skip that IO, and panacea.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

With the Force Field Generator (13.3%) + Weave(5%)+ Maneuvers( 3.5%) + CJ/Hover (2.5%) fully slotted you should be at around 38% Def. Toss in the Steadfast and Shieldwall +Def IOs and you're at 44%. Soft cap is 45%. Now generally you want a bit of a buffer to deal with the odd hit with -def. to avoid cascading defense failure. However you've decided to go with Scorpion Shield though.

Scorpion Shield unslotted for a Defender is +15% S/L defense, and +10% Energy defense. This could be a bit of overkill, though the abilities that reduce defense are generally lethal and radiation (energy). So with all of the above buffs + unslotted Scorpion shield you're at 59% def against S/L, 54% against energy, and 44% against everything else. 

on the one hand this is definitely overkill for most content, but you really don't have to worry about your defenses getting burned down with debuffs so you can slot your IOs for damage or whatever else you want. I think you might want to look at what you're planning on tackling with this guy and decide from there whether you really need Scorpion Shield.

Edited by nihonsean
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a Traps/Beam/Scorp myself, and quite enjoy it! I do need to revisit and reoptimize it some time. 

I like the bones of your build, but a few things stand out:

• Lancer shot is really strong - it's a real shame not to take it.  The listed damage is deceptive, as it gets a damage bonus from disintegrate. I would drop Burnout for it, and reconsider your slotting for Scorp shield and FFG to scrounge slots. Burnout is a neat gimmick, and this build does have a few nice things to do with it, but it's on a super long cooldown, and you aren't doing anything amazing like double Gang War.
  • I would swap Trip mine for Cutting Beam. This is one is more subjective - perhaps you really enjoy the Trip mine playstyle. Traps trip mine never got the in-combat buffs Blaster /Devices did though, so it's not such a hot power. Cutting Beam may not be super top tier, but it requires no setup, and takes a few procs to round out damage. It also benefits from disintegrate, getting extra damage.
  • Poison Trap is auto-hit - it doesn't even natively accept accuracy. The extra UC triple and recharge are pretty marginal return, and the slots are better served elsewhere.
  • I tried the KD proc in Caltrops. It is very uninspiring. Recommend damage procs instead.
  • I agree with all the points Nemu put out there as well.

Below is the old build I've been running. This build focuses on proccy damage where possible, and hitting incarnate defense softcaps for S/L/E (as @Nemustates, FFG isn't showing in mids). Ranged def is at regular softcap. I pick up recharge where I can as well, but not sacrificing these other factors. Traps/ doesn't need crazy recharge. You just need your good traps to be up every battle, which they will be. Juicing it a bit will let you stack mortars, which is nice.

Honestly, I want to rework it to drop Scorpion shield. Both my build and yours would really benefit from stronger baseline resists. If I rebuild, I'd de-prioritize my incarnate defense chase, and go with an epic resist instead. As @nihonseanmentioned, the defense it is a bit overkill in most cases. You will likely find better survivability shoring up resists, even in incarnate content, where you will likely have some defense buffs floating around anyhow.

Note that I did a weird thing and dropped gaussian proc in tactics, ignoring aim entirely. It works out okay when I have all my pets out, as each one helps proc gaussian's. However, easy enough to drop this for Aim.

Another neat thing to do here is drop the decimation build-up proc in Seekers. It procs pretty much every time you drop seekers, turning Seekers itself into basically another damage buff power! It works better than you might think. : )

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Open Source: Level 50 Technology Defender
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Caltrops -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(5), PstBls-Dam%(5), JvlVll-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), GldJvl-Dam%(27), ExpStr-Dam%(45)
Level 2: Triage Beacon -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(17), Prv-Heal(17), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Cutting Beam -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(34), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg(34), JvlVll-Dam%(37), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37)
Level 6: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15), ShlBrk-%Dam(29)
Level 8: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(40), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 12: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(29), NrnSht-Dam%(45)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Seeker Drones -- CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Dcm-Build%(23), CldSns-ToHitDeb(33), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(33), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(21), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), GldJvl-Dam%(33)
Level 22: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), ExpStr-Dam%(50), StnoftheM-Dam%(31)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Overcharge -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), TchofLadG-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 44: Piercing Beam -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(48), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(48)
Level 47: Summon Disruptor -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(50), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 22: Speed Phase 
------------

EDIT: I did a quick work-up of what I might do if I followed the priorities above to rework this build. With FFG up, I have regular softcap for S/L/E/N and Ranged defense, and much stronger resists. Could probably dig in further to cap out S/L resist, but it's close. There is some low-hanging fruit to buff S/L further, but I'd have to sacrifice procs, and don't really want to.

Conserve power could be swapped for Power Sink if that's your style. Power Sink is more of a total end solution, but CP is easier to manage. Honestly this build doesn't dip much on blue, despite the relatively weak recovery.

I did lose a tiny bit of recharge this way with how I have seekers slotted now, and the loss of a lotg mule. However, now Seekers is an even better self-buff, with the tohit proc in Siphon insight in addition to build-up proc from Decimation.  Purely incidental, but neat. : )

Definitely more could be done here, but it's a good foundation for further iteration.

Spoiler

Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Caltrops -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(5), PstBls-Dam%(5), JvlVll-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), GldJvl-Dam%(27), ExpStr-Dam%(45)
Level 2: Triage Beacon -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(17), Prv-Heal(17), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Cutting Beam -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(34), JvlVll-Acc/Dmg(34), JvlVll-Dam%(37), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37)
Level 6: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15), ShlBrk-%Dam(29)
Level 8: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(9), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(40), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 12: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(25), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(29), NrnSht-Dam%(45)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Seeker Drones -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(23), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SphIns-%ToHit(33), Dcm-Build%(34)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(21), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(27), GldJvl-Dam%(33)
Level 26: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), ExpStr-Dam%(50), StnoftheM-Dam%(31)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), HO:Ribo(50)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36)
Level 38: Overcharge -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), TchofLadG-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Piercing Beam -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(48)
Level 47: Summon Adept -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich

I don't go out of my way to get 45% defense + 75% S/L resist on most builds like some people do. But it's absurdly easy to do so with traps, and not just softcap S/L/E defense, but all vectors and damage types.

Defender FFG is very strong. Traps/X is one of the sturdiest defender builds you can make without sacrificing/gimping the rest of your build.

• Like 1

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

4 hours ago, Nemu said:

I don't go out of my way to get 45% defense + 75% S/L resist on most builds like some people do.

This definitely seems like the best path overall. I went through as phase of trying to hit incarnate softcap on many characters, but it just isn't worth it on a squishy who has to completely mortgage any hope of decent resists to do so. Layered defenses are much better. On defenders at least, S/L resist cap is pretty easy with epic shield+tough, given the very high base values.

That being said, I noticed I am a fool and missed the most obvious thing ever - my previously posted builds don't have the +res IOs! Yikes. The original is pretty old, so I'll just blame it on past me. : )

Here is a further iteration, which also drops the epic pet. Traps/ actually isn't a bad pairing with epic pets, as you stand a chance of keeping them alive. Dropping it allowed me to max out S/L and pump up recharge respectably again though - I think it's likely a worthy trade, and one less clicky to worry about on the battlefield. The real thing the current version lacks that I like to incorporate these days is slow resist. I'll keep playing with it.

Edit: I went ahead and respecced into this. Had forgotten what fun this guy is! The new build just sits there unharmed on a  4/8 S/L farm until the FFG dies. Even then, it's not a quick drop, and you can bring the gen back quick enough. Far tougher than the old scorpion shield build I had which could easily crumble to overaggro if not really on top of trap placement or caught off cooldown. Super proccy Caltrops is hilarious, if not entirely as powerful as one might hope.

End is a bit of an issue. My build only addresses that with conserve power part time, or ageless when 50+. Not ideal, but I'm happy enough with the trade-off. I'm fairly comfortable having to balance blue usage at lower levels - makes the game a bit more interactive. : )

Build:

Spoiler

Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Caltrops -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(5), PstBls-Dam%(5), JvlVll-Dam%(7), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(48)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(48), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 18: Seeker Drones -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(23), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SphIns-%ToHit(33), Dcm-Build%(34)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(21), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(27), GldJvl-Dam%(33)
Level 26: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36)
Level 38: Overcharge -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(39), PstBls-Dam%(40), TchofLadG-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Piercing Beam -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(48)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Lancer shot is definitely something you want to take IMO. Not only does it do solid damage and mag 3 stun, I believe it was set to guarantee Disintegration spread a year or so back. It's a must have for the set for me, and fits nicely in the rotation. The only ones I skip are Charged Shot, as it's only slightly better than Single Shot and doesn't have the -regen Single Shot does with Disintegrate. Cutting Beam depends really on the character, I've taken it and procced it, currently skipping it on the build I have now. Sometimes having a single aoe in the form of a cone is worse than none at all, for me.

I hope you enjoy the set! While it is really low in aoe damage, in single target vs. avs and gms it's probably my favorite set. And it has that ranged AOE nova that you can't help but love.

• Like 1

I prefer web grenade to caltrops. Grounding flyers is the one thing the rest of the toolkit can't do especially if you are built for survival.

My build is not proc heavy, it was not the purpose I had for it when I made it. Soul drain offsets that a little bit though. I didn't take hasten because I love my full invis. So I compensated for it with high recharge.

Tactikal Panda: Level 50 Technology Defender
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Web Grenade -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 2: Triage Beacon -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(3), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(9), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 4: Cutting Beam -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(5), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Rgn-Knock%(7)
Level 6: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(46)
Level 8: Acid Mortar -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(19), AchHee-ResDeb%(19), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(40), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Apc-Acc/Rchg(11), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Apc-Dam%(17)
Level 12: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(42)
Level 16: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Cyto(42)
Level 18: Poison Trap -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(21), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(25), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), HO:Nucle(27)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(34), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), LucoftheG-Def(34)
Level 32: Seeker Drones -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Build%(40), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 35: Piercing Beam -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(36), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Overcharge -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(46)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(45), Ags-ResDam(45), Ags-Psi/Status(45)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(47), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(48), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Arm-Dam%(50)
Level 49: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(42)
Level 6: Double Jump
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1613;780;1560;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4C136110C7BFED6E454A5B5A0B94A73C040A05B62DB41815A3416C220|
|FD310AEA659605B36D4B669AB919B9A687CDDF560623CF9BE18143D9A785723460F|
|1A8D8FF8044CD4440F669DEECC674BBAC9E697F9CFCC37F37DB3DF4E1C19B1C662E|
|1DD4CB0EF4928D96C74448DA9C9593563995267E692A9442ABEC0E0B14F2933396D|
|5E49B44494E4AC5206928B8746870FC562F254464967EBFF6B934A32AECECAC3AA7|
|2303AA9C5122AB34652A9843CAE2A692D19771AC6BEE4612DAB4D6B092DB750C9DD|
|909D9DD3D236C30E6BF1B95C3E7E6F5A9B914794CC7C7442C9E6D4CC422DB420C37|
|BD2C6F8A33336089044F6AA2A6F0B8668625725C60212ABB9866CBF813C05998280|
|9966E1936888A6CFC42FC88D5F89DF90ED2BC8D75041A4B292D86F324429480C213|
|70C12B722DD706E664A12CC0DB852DF4B749E8676CAA8677359087B740C20370588|
|0F20D82531CF12267BEE20DF403BE5BC9DF25E5CD122137D48BB1FE90820CF40C50|
|A3A00B1A25A3044EB28AE680D23ED63C81AE8DD46C1828D82BBFF82D924311B382B|
|B9B3923B43F961307616CA387919E7B2C9C8A87A467C8EAC79817C0B1B71D14644D|
|74DDC75ED2DE27564FD108ED90965ABF9CAD554B665151B6E5DA389FD400A10ECE6|
|1F8A5B87878920D551BE54D78F71F53F912DBF88BF694E7F90EFA0C3063EA78647C|
|C101B1F139F20373F252E134FD09701159BA8A2A9893A6E7510AB90E7E0C09AA982|
|D8ECC73D7B2E82E991982F88B6AF1FF91EDA69E307D6B688E2963BC4FBC4BBC80F1|
|0DC41C1E68E25143BEF111771839DB7915E9319F911EDA3802EBC55BAD0750993FA|
|2E238F81B3878FA2C72D18C3ECF5E3867A83C410F2B898BFBBC6DDD3CDF22E5C5ED|
|E8E47E4DB860CEC200E1177225D70847E3E477F08BF84FD12BFEF4CD71BA5E25F82|
|31E9F1223F5C5C5C2922710D44C1885BB114FE094CE8C3E1ADAE13BB505C2B1205A|
|115F7D03D2A1843FABE2EE33C961BF3161AD7AF780B3DEA0FBD85FF82EE2DEDDE5F|
|2A054AA5815229582A953B0A3F2E3D0C1722C08FED02DCBB00F7442C45C68162432|
|936A68B8D7F8859FEB5|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• Like 1

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

4 hours ago, Nemu said:

I love my full invis.

Don't forget you can always use celerity in Sprint + Superspeed for full effective invis against most mobs. This keeps the speed pool open for a hasten pickup.

Fliers are definitely annoying! Although it can be a chaotic power at times, I still find caltrops to be one of the most powerful mitigation tools available to Traps. It's not something to be used at all times, but start tossing those suckers around and everything is running away slowly while taking proc shots to the bow. Honestly the procs are a bit of a gimmick in it, but having trops do okay damage is amusing to me. If someone is locking down the mob, the damage is actually really reliable and strong.

I would also hesitate to put the Bastion ATO proc in anything but an often-used blast power. This proc is super strong, especially on sets like Traps that lack a heal. Put it in pretty much any blast and you're getting surprisingly strong heals just by attacking.

Other priorities are more subjective of course! I do like that you were able to shore up slow resists in your build, though it does come at the cost of significant proc damage potential as you note.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Don't forget you can always use celerity in Sprint + Superspeed for full effective invis against most mobs. This keeps the speed pool open for a hasten pickup.

Fully aware, but I also love my +perception from tactics because I hate blind with a passion. Stealth also allowed me to softcap Psi defense and the completionist in me favored that to Hasten and SS haha. Looking the build now I could absolutely drop super jump and stealth for SS and hasten, but with 111% global recharge I don't find myself needing hasten as much.

Point taken about the bastion proc. A simple substitution with lancer shot will do the trick, add a slot to Lancer and 2 piece bastion with the proc there, then slot a level 50 recharge IO in acid mortar at the 5th slot and that should do it.

It's been a while since I played this build, but I was very happy with the survival goals I set out to accomplish when I finalized it and put it into practice.

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 1

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!