Help requested for a "fighting controller"...

biostem

I use Boxing/Kick/CrossPunch on my Mind/Kin controller.  (only CrossPunch is on his bar of the three, but he HAS all three for synergy.)

He does not have actual status protection. But if I'm soloing, it never matters,

• Mass Hypnosis as an opener.
  • Hop into the middle of them. Fulcrum Shift for mass stacks. 
  • Siphon Speed to keep the +Recharge insane. 
  • A couple well placed Holds or Confuses for particularly troubling mobs
  • Terrify for +damages and more lockdown
  • wreck face with Crosspunch.
Edited by MTeague
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2022 at 2:31 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

drop in proc bomb debuffs

Can you please expand upon what you mean by this?  Are you slotting a bunch of IO enhancements with proc effects into a particular power?  Thank you so much!

12 hours ago, biostem said:

Can you please expand upon what you mean by this?  Are you slotting a bunch of IO enhancements with proc effects into a particular power?  Thank you so much!

Yes, I have:

• Ice Arrow 5 slotted with damage procs.
  • Poison Gas Arrow 2 slotted to make it a defensive tool for placate and self heal.
  • Acid Arrow 6 slotted with 2 -res procs and 4 damage procs.
  • Carrion Creepers 5 slotted with 4 damage procs and a chance of knock down.
  • Poisonous Ray 6 slotted with 4 damage procs a -res, and the last slot for a quick 2 pc set bonus.
  • Entangling Arrow has 1 damage proc.
  • Disruption Arrow has a chance to stun.
  • EMP Arrow has a chance to heal.

Otherwise standard IO set slotting in other powers makes for quite an effective combination.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later
On 1/23/2022 at 2:17 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

Yes, I have:

• Ice Arrow 5 slotted with damage procs.
  • Poison Gas Arrow 2 slotted to make it a defensive tool for placate and self heal.
  • Acid Arrow 6 slotted with 2 -res procs and 4 damage procs.
  • Carrion Creepers 5 slotted with 4 damage procs and a chance of knock down.
  • Poisonous Ray 6 slotted with 4 damage procs a -res, and the last slot for a quick 2 pc set bonus.
  • Entangling Arrow has 1 damage proc.
  • Disruption Arrow has a chance to stun.
  • EMP Arrow has a chance to heal.

Otherwise standard IO set slotting in other powers makes for quite an effective combination.

Do you have a link to this build? Sounds great!

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting

2 hours ago, Guffnat said:

Do you have a link to this build? Sounds great!

I don't always make mids builds for the toons I roll up. I also don't always release the builds I might make in mids, I try to adhere to the old adage of feed a person a fish they eat for a day, teach them to fish they eat for a lifetime. That said, you're more than welcome to take a stab at a build and I'm willing to give you feedback off of that.

Remember you have access to the test server and can lvl to 50 and slot out your toons to test various builds to your heart's content free of investing actual influence from the regular servers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for your reply. I'm level 15 so far. I have no access to mids at work. Since I have no level 50 characters (I guess due to inactivity all my toons got erased?) and just about 5 million influence I will level the character the old school way. 🙂

In groups I tend to cycle through Flash Arrow, Confuse and Roots and the baddies just melt away.

I'll probably go for Hasten, Combat Jumping, Tough, Weave and Leadership. Not sure about the APP yet.

11 hours ago, Guffnat said:

<snip> Since I have no level 50 characters (I guess due to inactivity all my toons got erased?) and just about 5 million influence I will level the character the old school way. 🙂

As far as I know no characters or character names have been purged or erased due to inactivity.

That said try logging into all the servers in case you're misrembering which server they were created on.  

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

As far as I know no characters or character names have been purged or erased due to inactivity.

That said try logging into all the servers in case you're misrembering which server they were created on.  

Damn! I just realized that I have 2 game accounts... So I had a look at the toons I made 2 years ago... Well, well... 30+ Controllers in their mid 20s and 30s waiting to be played. 😅

Sorry for derailing the thread.

• Thumbs Up 1