Is it worth firing off Flash Arrow in battle?

ninja surprise

In-game stats say it does 7.5% ToHit debuff, but Mid's says 16.91%. Is that like adding the same amount of defense to my whole team?  Does it do much good during battle?

I'm a Fire/TA and mashing buttons is my jam. But if a button doesn't do much I'll save Flash Arrow for when I'm stealthing a glowie. Or entering a hot door.

Edited by ninja surprise
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

In-game stats say it does 7.5% ToHit debuff, but Mid's says 16.91%.

It'll be 7.5% affected by any tohit buff you have slotted.

8 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

Is that like adding the same amount of defense to my whole team?  Does it do much good during battle?

Sort of, yes. A tohit debuff against an enemy will stack with +def when the hit chance is calculated on an enemy attack.

HitChance = Clamp(AccMods × Clamp(BaseHitChance + ToHitMods – DefMods)) is the base equation. Clamp = the base 5% chance min and 95% chance max everything shares to hit.

So if an enemy has base 1 Acc and 50% chance to hit, you lay down a 10% tohit debuff and you have 10% defense, Hit chance becomes 30%. Of course if they have any kinds of tohit debuff resistance, your 10% debuff will be less than that.

Forgot the link: https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Attack_Mechanics

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

In-game stats say it does 7.5% ToHit debuff, but Mid's says 16.91%. Is that like adding the same amount of defense to my whole team?  Does it do much good during battle?

You're only seeing half of the effect in the in-game stats. The power actually does 7.5% unresistible ToHit debuff and another 7.5% resistible ToHit debuff. So that's 15% total before enhancements/buffs.

Of course, you need to factor in purple patch and the target's resistance. LTs have an inherent minimum of 10% resistance and Bosses/EBs have an inherent minimum of 20% resistance. AVs have an inherent minimum of 30%, but they often start with 85%, so it would take a lot of ToHit resistance debuffs (Acid Arrow) to bring them down to their minimum.

In the case of Bosses, you'd be achieving 7.5% + 0.8 x 7.5% = 13.5% ToHit at base. Enhance that by 50% and you'd be looking at 20.25% ToHit debuff. If the boss is +3, purple patch would be 65% effective, making the debuff 0.65 x 20.25% = 13.1625%. That would be the equivalent of 13.1625% defense. So it's pretty good.

Edited by Bopper
  • Thumbs Up 6

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

9 minutes ago, ninja surprise said:

That's well worth the endurance. Particularly since it's an AoE.

It's also Auto-Hit (in PvE) and grants you nearly full stealth (grants -90% perception). 

Edited by Bopper
CoD tricked me

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Also of note: among other things, Acid Arrow also lowers ToHit debuff resistance for 45s, so if you fire that and get Flash Arrow off shortly thereafter, the resisted portion of the -ToHit debuff is even better.  

In any event, congrats on choosing a Fire/TA Corruptor, that's one of my favorite combos in the game (so much so that I've got two of them +5'd all the way around).  Nukes all over the place, debuffs AND scourge?  What's not to love?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!