Stalker Quick Activation A.S. Bug with Suggested added Mechanic Fix/Prevention (AoE Placate and Full Hide)

Solarverse

31 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Thank you for the video.

I think I know what it is...in fact I can almost guarantee it. Notice in your first test you are level 50 and in the second test you are level 28. The target is level 35. I am almost certain this is a case of Purple Patch. I went on Beta and made a Dark Melee stalker and tested placate without hide. I was going into "Hidden" status every time. Then I set my level from 50 down to 30...now Hidden isn't working. So I checked City of Data and sure enough, the Meter attribute is not flagged to IgnoreLevelDifference.

I went ahead and set my level to 35, and Placate was making me Hidden again. Set my level to 34, I no longer was granted Hidden. So it's safe to say that is a bug and can be easily fixed.

Awesome observation. That never occurred to me, I simply thought the way the mechanic used to work was changed at some point or something. So that covers placate not granting Hidden when Hide is toggled off, but what about what's causing the Dark Primary to fast cast instead of slow cast after Placate? or are you saying hidden is not being granted with Hide on either? *Checks video to see*

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Awesome observation. That never occurred to me, I simply thought the way the mechanic used to work was changed at some point or something. So that covers placate not granting Hidden when Hide is toggled off, but what about what's causing the Dark Primary to fast cast instead of slow cast after Placate? or are you saying hidden is not being granted with Hide on either? *Checks video to see*

Just checked and oh wow...hidden status is not granted even with Hide activated. Very nice catch, @Bopper I am not even sure if I would have caught that, and what's sad is that I was on the right track when I noticed it in the video (although not to the same degree that you caught the detail) not granting Hidden status upon using Placate, I simply chopped it up to me not having Hide activated and some mechanic change that took place that I wasn't aware of. Very nice catch indeed!

• Thanks 1

@Bopper Something else worth noting, I am working on creating a story driven AE mission right now. During my testing, I was fighting an AV and notice Placate was not working on my Elec Stalker, the same Stalker from the video. Then I noticed it again against an EB and then against vs a Lieutenant. They were all level 54. I had not had an opportunity to check vs a minion of the same level yet. I will edit this post once I do.

Edit: Works fine vs a level 50 AV. So it's about the levels above you that matters, just as you said, it's all about the Purple Patch and how it applies to Placate. Which I don't think is supposed to work that way.

Edited by Solarverse