Battle Royale

dtjunkie

24 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I only clicked this thread because I saw Crasical's icon and wanted to check to see if I was seeing it right (I was). 

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

• Thumbs Up 1

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

The issue with this scenario is whether or not PvP rules apply. The most ridiculous notion the Paragon devs had was to make different rules apply. And with the way defense and resistances are impacted, it's going to impact all these characters somewhat differently. 

Now, if they were all to suddenly play as they do in pve, it would all depend on tactics. In a "best 2 out of 3 falls", there'd be a different winner each time. 

Candidly, I don't know if my ill/rad controller (or pets) would have the perception to see my stalker. If not...well, pretty clear how that would end. 

Then there's my shield tank. All the defense debuff resistance and the defense...I wonder if anything would get a hit in. 

I dunno. I'll say the ice blaster for kicks and grins. I'm probably just more comfortable with it than any other character. Stands to reason it would fare better. 

Yes it very much matters what the rules are.  To start with what's the base to hit.   If it's still 75% and PvE based most of the defense builds are already in trouble as the soft cap goes from 45% to 70%.  That's brutal for most of our builds.  That's a lot like being able to solo vs Relentless level foes in Dr. Aeon and definitely makes me rethink how well my Claws/SR would fare if that's the case.  On the otherhand strictly speaking owing to a dead computer I've only got 2 (3?, been long enough I'm not sure) level 50 characters on HC compared to 100+ on Live and the most IO'd and Incarnated character is the Claws/SR.  Don't think the other 50's have much chance especially if they don't team up (Emp/Fire and perhaps an Earth/Storm).  Teamed they might manage to survive long enough to mez her, maybe, if the Emp/Fire can steer clear and keep the Earth/Storm upright.

Are inspirations useable or off the table?  

My toons have their own factions and superteams. So it would be natural for the team to stick together and fight off other teams. The No Training (all level 1s) and Underdogs (all only as high as level 10s) will obviously get wiped off the arena almost immediately. The fight will be Golden Age heroes, Golden Age Villains, Dark Side, Aliens, Fantasy, and Normal folk with Tech, and my spiders. If any of you have run with an all spider team, it will be easy to see that the spiders will make short work of all the others.

I'm sure some individual toons will put up a good fight, like my AV killers; but will inevitably fall under the might of 11 spiders. With all the other teams gone, it will be each spider for himself/herself. I foresee a tough fight between Krusty, the Tankermind Crab and Masie the Bane. I bet it will be a good fight and a particularly long one. With both at their def caps running double leadership, I'm afraid Masie's superior damage will succumb to Lord Recluse's protege--Krusty.