Ice Armor/ ...not as bad as I remembered

PLVRIZR

On 1/14/2022 at 11:02 AM, Onlyasandwich said:
  • I found a spot for the gladiator +def unique - this was missing!

Wow, don't know how I missed that, but slotted it in Hoarfrost, in place of one piece of the Aegis.  No other changes, from the build that was originally posted, except adding T4 Resilient (Core), T3 Melee (Radial) and T3 Ageless (Radial - DDR).

Real World Update:

So for Tanker Tuesday last night (thanks again Warboss for leading the missions and apologies for not making it on, on time for the WST ITF), we ran an 8 man all-tank team for lvl 54 Council missions and finished with a lvl 54 CoT mission, in PI.  The toon rocked.  I then went on a 54/8 ITF, as the only tank, and it was a cakewalk...especially since we had two kins (Hates and Night at the Opera - two known and bad ass VL-gazillion players), but even without the added Ageless DDR, handled the dark ambush, shard mission and AVs, without breaking a sweat.  He *can* stand in the middle of two mobs in a 54/8 Big Mobs Tunnel fire farm, still.

If you haven't rolled an Ice Armor tank, because of reputation or previous (Live) experience, you're really missing out.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

I just wanted to point out that you do not lose aggro when you activate hibernate.  They will continue to attack you, especially if you built considerable aggro prior to using it.  I use it on ITF and any time I'm being mauled.  You normally use it after some time has passed and you have drawn so much attention b/c of icicles and chilling embrace along with your AOE's.  It's actually quite effective.

Also, your build has mostly disregarded resistance.  This is a mistake.  You WILL come across high acc enemies, and even more importantly, you need resistance for the attacks that get through.  I've made a ton of non-conventional survivable builds.  Even SR with perfect DDR needs resistance built in.  Also, your endurance consumption is a problem.  You might think "well that's what energy absorb is for", but there will be situations where you can't reliably pull enough end.  e.g. Fighting an AV or a small number of mobs.  The longer the fights last, the more you will notice this.

I just started on my current Ice tank but here is how it looks so far.  I will no doubt move a few things around.  This is w/o energy absorption clicked in mids.  (Also w/o hoarfrost which would bump toxic res to 56%.)
988696103_IceTankv1.PNG.ce14483ad5dc90c3422f6d666c409933.PNG

Edited by Nightmare Shaman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dang, I'm going to have to check my Icer on Torch... I'm not sure what 2ndry I took, but I need to look at it again.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe