Undecided on next MM. Help!

Xandyr

Hey all!

So, I want another MM, and am having trouble trying to decide. 

Demon/Nature

Demon/EA

Beast/Nature

Maybe Robots/something

I tend to lean towards a primary that has a "mule" power to slot the Pet IOs (+defense, + resist). This is one reason why I steer away from Bots, even though everyone talks about how much AoE damage they do.

Between Demon/ Nature and Demon/EA, which do you think is the most survivable,  and could take down an AV easier?

I do like the Concept of Beasts, and like their crit potential.  However, I'd have to figure out slotting to fit in the unique pet IOs, which could cut into their accy/dam/end reduction.  I think Nature would be a good pairing...they already have decent defense, and Nature would back them up with some resists and heals.

Also, they seem to have decent defense, and Nature would give them some pretty good resists, which, in theory, would make them pretty survivable and sturdy.

If I go with Bots, I'm not sure what to pair them with. I don't want FF, traps, or Sonic as I think those sets are a little boring...at least to me. 

So, what's recommended by all you MM Gurus?

Only way you are going to get in the Pet IOs in bots is with Hamis and frankenslotting

My Bot/Trap slotted as such is probably my favorite because of that.

But Bot/Cold might be slow leveling friendly and at higher levels you can start frankenslotting hamis to min/max.  3 ribos in fogfall with 3 random def IOs.  cytos/lotg7.5 in your prot bots.  got your Sleet to keep things in firepits

Maybe Bot/Thermal, stack the resist IOs instead.  pass around that Forge

And if you just wanna netflix and chill you cant go wrong with bot/ff

---

Oh and Bot/Time is also rather strong.  Slow patch, +def, -tohit and so on.  Get that [Power Boost] and you MIGHT not need the +def pet IOs.  aint pulling up mids to check for ya tho

Edited by kelika2
---

My favorite MMs currently are Mercs/Storm and Thugs/Time. Third is Necro/Dark. I also have Demons/Thermal and Beasts/TA which I'm enjoying less. I like chaotic MM gameplay. Storm with all the KD, Thugs with perma-Gang War, Dark with Howling Twilight. Feels like that's somewhat missing with the other combos so far.

If you want a mule for the auras on Bots, you can combine them with Storm.  It's a bit of an upside down combination as you'd get the extra defence from the Primary and the extra from  the Secondary. and my not work thematically, but I suspect it would not be boring.

Demons/ea is one of the, if not the strongest MM combo out there. Can just wade in with pets and go to town in any situation. Very busy with clicky powers though.

The real game changer to me beyond other sets like nature that provide resist is that you give mez protection to your pets as well, most importantly kb protection.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thumbs Up 5

Of the dozen or so MMs I've gotten to 50 here and live, my two favorite are Bot/Traps and Thugs/Kin. 

Bot/Traps is an excellent combo for fighting AVs and giant monsters.  Huge -regen debuff in poison trap added to the -regen in Bot's attacks;  an AoE hold, web grenade and caltrops to keep things in burn patches; easy to softcap your bots and yourself; VERY proc-able.  This was my all time favorite.

Thugs/Kin I liked for one specific combo - Gang War, Fulcrum Shift, Burnout, Gang War, Fulcrum Shift.  The ensuing chaos never got old.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Demons/ea is one of the, if not the strongest MM combo out there. Can just wade in with pets and go to town in any situation. Very busy with clicky powers though.

The real game changer to me beyond other sets like nature that provide resist is that you give mez protection to your pets as well, most importantly kb protection.

Most DURABLE, yes, I'd agree with that.  Def not the strongest.  Likely not even close to top 4-6 combo's.

You want strongest MM, go Thugs/ or Demon/ Storm, both built for high recharge.  Both accept the special pet aura's and Storm is just a bunch of extra pets that extra damage.  High Recharge ensures neat stuff like double Gang War/Tornado/Lightning Storm.  Grab Burnout and go nuts with strong damage output.  Both are fairly durable henchmen also.  

If you'd like to try something not so END hungry as /Storm is (and all that power DEMANDS high Endurance), then take a look at Demons/ or Thugs/ Time, or even Demons/Cold.  Durable, high damage and you can still slot all the aura's.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Crysis said:

Most DURABLE, yes, I'd agree with that.  Def not the strongest.  Likely not even close to top 4-6 combo's

Different definitions of strongest available for sure! Storm is an amazing secondary.

I think demon/ea provides a unique combination of adaptability, ease of use, and strong damage given these other strengths. By no means at the top of the charts for damage - just relative to these other factors.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Third is Necro/Dark.

This is actually my first fave...also because I named him "Lich-ilicious".  My go to, for bad-assety, is Thugs/Dark.  Thugs/anything hits like a brick $hithouse.

• Like 2

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

2 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

This is actually my first fave...also because I named him "Lich-ilicious".  My go to, for bad-assety, is Thugs/Dark.  Thugs/anything hits like a brick $hithouse.

I wanna jump in on Necro/Dark. Solo big game hunter with Clarion to control KBs. So many debuffs (even with the lower MM scale) that it’s not even fair sometimes. Almost. And yeah, there are many more higher damage sets. But I always come back to this one. Always.

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I can +1 to Demons/Electric being exceptionally durable - infinate END, status immunity, capped resists, good defense, +absorbs, healing, a good Demon/EA can be as durable if not moreso than some tankers. And the damage is very good as well by MM standard.

My main Mm is Robots/Electric, who I enjoy more than the demons. Being all ranged, it opens up more playstyle options and roles which I enjoy.

/Time is a very strong secondary as well, and pairs with just about anything.

Playing with beasts myself currently, torn between /Time, /Dark, or /Kin. 

I just started a Demon/Electric and she is a work in progress as I am not a MM veteran. Does anyone have a build they'd like to share? I do usually play content and solo while lvling new toons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm definitely not an MM guru, but I love to run them!  I typically just run them solo since they can annoy teams unless you have your pet control binds saved and upload for every new MM (which gets tricky because, for example, my favorite means of shutting my demons up is to have them /em protest and some pets--like beasts--can't do that) . . . and remember to upload them. :P

I've been having SO much fun with my beasts/nature that it's ridiculous.  The set combo is pure awesomeness, and it's one of the few MM combos I've tried that don't require constant resummoning at early-ish levels because nature keeps your pets alive, dealing damage, and thriving even before you get to slotting them out with sets/procs/etc.  Their survivability only increases with levels and slotting (of course).

I have a bots/ff, but like you, I find it kind of boring.  Again, though, love that I don't have to resummon during a mish. She's only lvl 20, so it may get better later on.  I only still play her because I love that toon's costume/concept.  Imagine!  Hee!

On 1/16/2022 at 11:16 PM, Shaun said:

I just started a Demon/Electric and she is a work in progress as I am not a MM veteran. Does anyone have a build they'd like to share? I do usually play content and solo while lvling new toons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are build guides you can check out in the MM forum, not sure if there is one specifically for Demon/Electric, though.  I tend to be a trial and error type of player, not a guide follower, so you may consider just taking every power that comes up and then respecing out of the ones that don't work for you.  With all the respecs we get (plus the ability to unslot), this is kind of a fun way to learn your powers and construct your own great build . . . that you can then share with others!  /just a thought 

I made a Semi Petless ( Assault Bot only ) Robot /  Trick Arrow but when I seen how good the Assault bot was doing solo I figured let me go full build. I thought was amazing. 
Also Trick Arrow makes me feel like I am in the fight as well. 

I also did the same with Beat Trick Arrow. 

Trick Arrow is very nice..  Oil Slick is fun..

The Nature hold is GREAT ! Yea it's a toggle PBAOE, but it really does HOLD.. I also have Oppressive Gloom on the build. Sometimes I run both toggles as belt and suspenders when I open up on a fight where groups of mobs are close together and I expect double aggro. 
Otherwise I keep OG on standby in case I get hit with something that detoggles the hold, then I turn on OG quickly as Entangling Aura is recharging.  Then switch once its back on. OG works well also but not as good as Entangling Aura.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:16 PM, Shaun said:

Here's my Demons/Electric build, it has several perks such as Enflame for pets AOE damage, Bonfire for CC/Procs, Burnout for Hell on Earth x2, and so on. Hope this helps!

Demons-Electric MM mk 3.mxd

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later
On 1/15/2022 at 1:47 PM, Nyghtmaire said:

I wanna jump in on Necro/Dark. Solo big game hunter with Clarion to control KBs. So many debuffs (even with the lower MM scale) that it’s not even fair sometimes. Almost. And yeah, there are many more higher damage sets. But I always come back to this one. Always.

Possibly the only combo in the game that can floor even AV accuracy. Love this combo.

• Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

4 hours ago, Six-Six said:

I have a Bots/Dark/Soul that can solo GMs.

And yes, magic origin, because magic and science are two sides of the same coin.

I agree, my bots/dark/ soul is a beast. I solo everything and anything. GM just means longer to kill. I never worry about if I can kill.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1