Idea to deal with Ouroboros portal congestion

KaizenSoze

Sure, but if everyone within a set radius of the portal is phased to prevent them from being targetable, won't you also be phased? I haven't used phase shift in a really long time, but doesn't it prevent you from interacting with anything? Like the portal?

On 1/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, KaizenSoze said:

Alas, there are a lot of players that are afking after zoning in Ouroboros. This clogs up the portal space making it hard to click the portal. Just today I had to step back and jockey around a bit to click the portal several times.

Suggestion, place a pseudo pet right under the portal which pulses a repel field to push players are from portal every 10-20 seconds. You avoid repelling people just passing through or trying to use the portal the first pulse puts a tag on players and only if the tag is present do they get repelled. Nothing serious, just enough repel to move them a few feet away from the portal.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of a player that doesn't experience this ever on my primary shard. I don't see how it would benefit me.

If it's a QoL improvement that only affects one server, or it only occurs during specific times of day, I feel more inclined to offer alternative suggestions for folks who are bothered by the problem you're suggesting be alleviated.

Not saying the suggestion is a terrible idea or that it shouldn't be implemented, just that I'm not convinced it would be something that is useful to the entire player base. I'm just one player and forum poster though. There are hundreds(?) of other forum posters and thousands(?) of other players with opinions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Even if it did only affect one server, and it has already been said to affect at least two, changes cannot be implemented on a server by server basis. The suggestion of just moving your mouse cursor until you can select the portal has already been flagged as not an option because sometimes pets are standing in the portal making it unselectable. Trying to jostle your way through a sea of players doesn't always work either. Players block players from moving through a space. And if a player is standing in the portal? Again, the portal becomes not selectable. I get you don't see the problem on your server. I get the requested solution to congested Ouroboros portals does not benefit you, but even if it only helps a single server, that does not mean it is not needed.

Thank you for not actually opposing the idea. As someone who wanders into Ouroboros from time to time and goes "Okay, where the hell am I?" in a crush of characters/pets when I just wanted to pop in to Ouroboros and pop over to say Atlas Park, I get the frustration. There are workarounds. If you're in a SG/VG, maybe use the Base Portal power from P2W. It's slower than using Ouroboros, but you avoid the sea of AFK'ers. If you're not in a SG/VG? Uhm... I guess get every explore in the game and use Long Range Teleport? It shouldn't take you more than... a couple hours? an hour? to get all the explores to use a power with a very long cool down.

Or people could just pop into Ouroboros for their trials and walk a few feet away too. Except they don't.