Homecoming Server News: Donations, Polls, and Emojis!

GM Tempest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Game Master

Hello, everyone!

We have a few things to go over today, and all of them are some awesome things I’m excited to tell you about.

Donations

Wow, guys, you blew us out of the park again. Once again in just a short span of time (39 minutes to be precise!) we collected our goal of $7,967.

We are incredibly thankful for your support, and are sincerely overjoyed to be working on such a beloved project for all of our players. All of us at Homecoming thank you from the bottom of our hearts, for all the well-wishes and donations alike, as every bit (even a kind word) goes a long way to helping us forge ahead into the future!

We’ve also heard the frustration of those who have missed the last two donation drives and would like to be able to participate. We are looking into ways of doing this while still only raising the exact amount we need - stay tuned!

Beta Server

Hi, Justin! We’re so glad to have you. Just to clarify on what he’s here for, Justin is our beta server to test some ongoing balance and adjustment changes, as well as a nifty way you can test out an archetype or two with the level up command.

Obviously, we are not quite like traditional MMOs where alterations have had a full QA cycle with their team finished before it hits a public test server. We don't have a large QA and design team to back us up, so this kind of thorough, early testing is important! As a result, we're going to be bringing you raw, unfinished, and often broken stuff, and work on smoothing things out in that test server as we move forward. In a large way, this could be called an alpha server!

Things on the beta server will regularly be scrapped or completely changed based on how it performs during testing, so do not become attached to the characters, builds, or changes you see as they are, as server updates and wipes will be frequent.

More Costume Contests!

That costume contest was one heck of an awesome gathering! We enjoyed every moment of it, and all those costumes we saw were awesome. We can’t wait until the next one! Costume creators have gotten even more inventive over the years, and I’m always excited to see what cool combination someone has managed to come up with.

To that end, we’re actually going to be working on a themed contest!

To figure out what kind of theme to do, we’re actually going to be holding a vote. Place your votes on this post in the poll above, and we’ll be running the next costume contest with that theme!

We’ll have specifics for the time, date, and what the awesome prizes for the winners will be at a later time!

Discord Boosts

So Discord has unleashed an interesting little update that allows Nitro users to Boost one of their favorite servers. We’ve just activated it on our Discord, and we’re looking to see if we can get to the maximum boost level - it will include all kinds of nifty stuff, from higher quality voice channels, to more emojis (yay!), and a nifty vanity URL! Users who boost the server automagically receive the “Nitro Booster” role giving you a new name color and a gem in the user list. If you feel so inclined, you can activate your Nitro Boost on the Homecoming Discord starting now!

chOxcEo.png

TWwlGWs.png

If you want further information on Discord Boosting, you can read up on their info page here - https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028038352

Emoji Contest

When we hit that maximum Discord boost, we’re going to have a lot of Emoji space to fill. To that end, CR CR Miss has an Emoji contest ongoing! If you’d like to participate, you can find out more information in the #emoji-contest channel on our the #emoji-contest channel on our Discord!

Regarding:

Alpha Server

When I'm asked to a beta or an alpha I usually am given specific things to break, or a checklist of items that need either objective or subjective feedback in mechanical feel. "How does this feel in terms if balance? Please define or give example" or "does the length of  this queat/power/buff feel op or underwhelming for the returns you have on it? "

When I first noticed how the server was launched (Justin) i was confused as a user. I was shown a list of changes and with no different explanation like most of us who do alpha and beta we assumed this was going through with minor tweaks.

The confusion led to a great deal of anger in the justin feedback channel and rightfully so. The rollout and execution of it was not the most user friendly. With the clarification on how the dev team for lack of a better term intends to change things and show the changes perhaps that can be avoided in the future.

I am eager to go break things and supply feedback. I just need a more direct instruction packet to go with what the team wants feedback on, how they want it and what our time frame to test it is.

We can totally do this as a community but we need to have more solid footing not as a dev team not as a qa team but as a combined unit. One side needs to have as much communication and patience as the other and not perhaps snap at the feedback they are getting. Rightfully so the other side can't just browbeat the "dev" team who make these changes like a child who doesn't want to eat their peas.

We have to all take responsibility for our roles in this assignment. Not blame the other.

-Amazing

Alpha Server

When I'm asked to a beta or an alpha I usually am given specific things to break, or a checklist of items that need either objective or subjective feedback in mechanical feel. "How does this feel in terms if balance? Please define or give example" or "does the length of  this queat/power/buff feel op or underwhelming for the returns you have on it? "

This, while I haven't bothered to jump onto the server (I still have a bunch of alts to get to 6), I too have been asked by dev friends to test things out and was always given direction as to what to try to break/confirm.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)