Devs... Is there a key name for Numpad Equals to use in Binds?

BlackSpectre

Hi, I'm using a Matias Mac keyboard and on the number pad there is an equals sign. The Keymapping tab in Options registers the key as "Numpad Equals" and I can map the key in options just fine. However, I can not use the key in any bind that I create with the /bind or /macro command because I need the key name to bind it. I've tried a myriad of different names and none of them worked. I also mapped the Numpad Equals key in options, used /bindsavefile to save the keybindings, but the key mapping for the Numpad Equals doesn't show up in the file. That tells me that the key has only been partially implemented in COH.

Is there an existing key name for the Numpad Equals key? If not, would it be possible to add it to the game?

Thanks! 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:59 PM, macskull said:

I think your best bet is to use software like Karabiner to remap the key to a standard key at an OS level.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the ideas. 

Another non-standard key on my number pad is the Clear key. I discovered that Joy25 works for that, but alas none of the joystick controller names work for the number pad equals key. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:57 AM, Replacement said:

It sounds like the problem is that there's no such thing as Numpad Equals as part of a standard keyboard.

That's probably it. Being a Mac, I suspect that key is being remapped to something at the OS or driver level. I am surprised the /bindsave trick doesn't give the keyword. There aren't many other keys, standard or non, that don't have/generate a key name.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com