Your most perfect builds

Onlyasandwich

I love making builds, and squeezing every bit of performance out of those beautiful IOs! It doesn't have to the the perfect meta powerset combo necessarily, but continually polishing even a suboptimal character brings me great joy.

Even now, I look back on builds I made months ago, scowling at my choices while moving bits and pieces that somehow missed my attention - another 1% resist here, another proc there, another slot saved.  However, there are a few that have reached glorious perfection in my eyes at least! Sometimes I pull them up just to enjoy the satisfyingly complete puzzle.

What builds are you especially proud of, and why? Is there anything you wish you could have achieved with them, but never found a way? 

As a point to start us off: I'm extremely pleased with my recent Dark/Energy Scrapper build. Part of this is thanks to the wonderful flexibility and baseline power of /Energy of course, but I was very happy with how much I was able to shore up resists and maintain softcaps without sacrificing anything in my attacks. Proccy goodness abounds, and nothing is purely a mule - every set bonus is also involving IOs that actually enhance a power meaningfully. Of course he plays like a dream as well! Infinite end, smooth aoe and single target, excellent damage and survivability in all situations. The final cherry is near-immunity to slows, something I strive to incorporate in all of my characters these days.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(15)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Erd-Dmg(29), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Erd-%Dam(31), Arm-Dam%(33)
Level 4: Dampening Field -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(5), Ags-ResDam(5), Ags-Psi/Status(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(7), ImpArm-ResPsi(11)
Level 6: Touch of Fear -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Obl-Dmg(34), Obl-%Dam(34), Erd-%Dam(34)
Level 8: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9), RedFrt-Def(9)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(36), CldSns-%Dam(36), TchofDth-Dam%(37), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37)
Level 14: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(17), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), TtnCtn-ResDam(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19), ImpArm-ResPsi(21)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 20: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23)
Level 24: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(27), ImpArm-ResPsi(27)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(37), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(48), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(48), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(45), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(45), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(46), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(46), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(46), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(48)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), GldJvl-Dam%(39), CldSns-%Dam(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 49: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(23), Prv-Heal(50)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 44: Afterburner 
------------

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Grav/dark and plant/dark.  /dark on trollers is really really powerful.  Perfect survivability numbers and with grav, get recall friend to tp the singularity around and use enflame on him to make him a burning machine, doing 600 to 700 damage per minute.  You have to reapply enflame every 60 seconds I think but it's a minor inconvenience.  Taking enflame requires you to go 3 deep in the sorcery pool but it's worth it.

Edited by fitzsimmons
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

recall friend to tp the singularity

Oh man, this is basically my favorite thing in CoH now. : ) 

I have a Grav/Energy dom that carries singy around with enflame, and speccing into TP friend was a total game-changer. Very clean build overall! One thing I've enjoyed in my dom is proccing out Enflame. I know they changed it so its procciness is no longer OP, but it still amps it up a fair bit. You of course have some very useful set bonuses here instead. Outstanding achievement with your defenses across the board, and solid resist to boot!

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

As a point to start us off: I'm extremely pleased with my recent Dark/Energy Scrapper build.

Looks like I'll be making a new scrapper ... 🙂

I'll share two more that I'm pretty proud of and that'll be it, my fire/atomic blaster and my nature/water defender.  The fire/atomic build took a lot of work and re-work, my latest changes took fold space.  I considered dropping defenses down to 35% or so, a small purple inspiration away so I could proc more, but I almost always tend to aim for 45% on the defenses.  With the nature/water, everything just fell into place and I felt like I had the perfect build on day 1.  That rarely happens.  Nature is strengthened by it's amazing buffs and effectively 2 self heals but man oh man am I a tank on that toon.  The nature/water could probably use a makeover since it's an old build, prior to some of the new sets coming out.  Maybe I'll just go ahead and do that.

Edit: and yeah, looking at my nature/water build I even went with the straight up defense IO instead of the lotg+ recharge because I'm a maniac and needed that precious 45%.  I've grown a bit since then.  Not much, but a little.

Edited by fitzsimmons
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

I love making builds, and squeezing every bit of performance out of those beautiful IOs! It doesn't have to the the perfect meta powerset combo necessarily, but continually polishing even a suboptimal character brings me great joy.

Even now, I look back on builds I made months ago, scowling at my choices while moving bits and pieces that somehow missed my attention - another 1% resist here, another proc there, another slot saved.  However, there are a few that have reached glorious perfection in my eyes at least! Sometimes I pull them up just to enjoy the satisfyingly complete puzzle.

What builds are you especially proud of, and why? Is there anything you wish you could have achieved with them, but never found a way? 

As a point to start us off: I'm extremely pleased with my recent Dark/Energy Scrapper build. Part of this is thanks to the wonderful flexibility and baseline power of /Energy of course, but I was very happy with how much I was able to shore up resists and maintain softcaps without sacrificing anything in my attacks. Proccy goodness abounds, and nothing is purely a mule - every set bonus is also involving IOs that actually enhance a power meaningfully. Of course he plays like a dream as well! Infinite end, smooth aoe and single target, excellent damage and survivability in all situations. The final cherry is near-immunity to slows, something I strive to incorporate in all of my characters these days.

Hide contents

Level 50 Technology Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(15)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(3), Rct-Def/EndRdx(3), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Erd-Dmg(29), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Erd-%Dam(31), Arm-Dam%(33)
Level 4: Dampening Field -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(5), Ags-ResDam(5), Ags-Psi/Status(7), GldArm-3defTpProc(7), ImpArm-ResPsi(11)
Level 6: Touch of Fear -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Obl-Dmg(34), Obl-%Dam(34), Erd-%Dam(34)
Level 8: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(9), RedFrt-Def(9)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(36), CldSns-%Dam(36), TchofDth-Dam%(37), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37)
Level 14: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(17), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), TtnCtn-ResDam(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(19), ImpArm-ResPsi(21)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 20: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23)
Level 24: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(27), ImpArm-ResPsi(27)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(37), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(42)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(48), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(48), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dam%(45), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(45), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(46), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(46), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(46), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(48)
Level 38: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), GldJvl-Dam%(39), CldSns-%Dam(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(23), Prv-Heal(50)
Level 44: Afterburner 
------------

Awesome build man! I have a Dark/Shield scrap myself. I could see Dark/EA being EXTREMELY tough to take down.

• Thanks 1

My most perfect build is the one I enjoy playing the most, of course! 

But, recently I built a Bots/Emp MM, because having to constantly replace pets ends up feeling onerous the longer I play an MM, so I thought why not?  She was pretty good about keeping her robot friends alive, and I also insisted her build include the Pulse Rifle attack from the Bots set as well as Mystic Bolt, to help pile up more damage.   I ended up dropping a hold proc into each of those, and it fires fairly often, which makes soloing with her even easier.  I'll have to admit I didn't make this build 100% on my own, I posted a sad first attempt at it in the MM forums and some kind soul took pity on me and helped it along to what it became.  It's not min/maxxed within an inch of it's life, but it's enjoyable to play.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Everything's a series of tradeoffs

That is certainly true, and indeed the core of what I'm looking for here. 

When creating a build, you set out with a series of goals. Whether those goals are optimal is a subjective and individual metric. Balancing what tradeoffs are worthwhile in pursuit of these goals while minimizing waste is the challenge I am speaking to in this conversation.

You can optimize towards those goals, and objective improvements can be made in pursuit of them. In this context, a perfect build is one that achieves your goals with no further optimization possible. Even better when you can do so while keeping every element focused on maximum overall return, though it is also really interesting to see how folks use nontraditional slotting and muling strategies to achieve these ends as well.

Surely there is a fight monster who you feel is polished to its utmost, and brings you a special feeling of joy and accomplishment!

Edited by Onlyasandwich

On 1/17/2022 at 2:29 PM, fitzsimmons said:

Looks like I'll be making a new scrapper ... 🙂

I'll share two more that I'm pretty proud of and that'll be it, my fire/atomic blaster and my nature/water defender.  The fire/atomic build took a lot of work and re-work, my latest changes took fold space.  I considered dropping defenses down to 35% or so, a small purple inspiration away so I could proc more, but I almost always tend to aim for 45% on the defenses.  With the nature/water, everything just fell into place and I felt like I had the perfect build on day 1.  That rarely happens.  Nature is strengthened by it's amazing buffs and effectively 2 self heals but man oh man am I a tank on that toon.  The nature/water could probably use a makeover since it's an old build, prior to some of the new sets coming out.  Maybe I'll just go ahead and do that.

Edit: and yeah, looking at my nature/water build I even went with the straight up defense IO instead of the lotg+ recharge because I'm a maniac and needed that precious 45%.  I've grown a bit since then.  Not much, but a little.

Counterpoint:

Radical Solutions: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Atomic Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(11)
Level 1: Electron Shackles -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(7), Artl-Dam/End(7), PstBls-Dam%(9), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(9), JvlVll-Dam%(43)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(11), BlsoftheZ-Travel(27), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(27)
Level 6: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(13)
Level 8: Rain of Fire -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(15), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(15), Artl-Dam/End(17), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(19)
Level 10: Ionize -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(17)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(23), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(42)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 18: Blaze -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Apc-Dam%(21), GldJvl-Dam%(23)
Level 20: Metabolic Acceleration -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(31), PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(33)
Level 22: Kick -- ExpStr-Dmg/KB(A), ExpStr-Acc/KB(48), ExpStr-Dam%(50)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(43)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(36), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(36), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Atom Smasher -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(33), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(40), ShlWal-Def(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(42)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx(43), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 38: Positronic Fist -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 44: Negatron Slam -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(46), Mk'Bit-Dam%(46), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 6: Speed Phase
------------

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Counterpoint

A very balanced build, Brasil! Reaching both S/L as well as Ranged softcaps is very strong, and you still managed to squeeze in a decent number of procs in impactful positions. Excellent recharge totals as well.

I'm a big fan of the explosive strike set in kick as a tight little ranged defense mule myself. Nice way to push that final bit towards softcap. 🙂 

The only thing I would consider even slightly suboptimal here is the blaster's wrath proc is kinda wasted in your nuke. It has a higher ppm than normal, and could provide its full benefit better in a lower recharge power. However, I realize the ranged defense set bonus is important to your goals here, and there isn't a clean way to keep this full set elsewhere without sacrificing other things. All in all a fair trade I think!

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 3:35 AM, Hyperstrike said:

There's no such thing as a "perfect" build.

Everything's a series of tradeoffs.

Doesn't stop many builds from being absolutely insane fight monsters.

This and even if it's truly the best beast you could build for your goals and eyes the game isn't static.  And along come new enhancements and various power and other changes.  Now it needs a tweak or three to be The "perfect" build again.  My main, a Claws/SR scrapper, has undergone a large number of respecs since her start in i3 and even more builds exist solely in Mids'.  Currently she awaits my return post computer death and more rebuilding via Mids to account for several new uniques since her last build.  Looking to see if or how close to the scrapper health/hit point max I can get an SR scrapper (last seen at just over 2100 health).

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you guys probably understand the spirit of the thread, semantics aside. 😉

New title: "really excellent builds you are proud of in that they efficiently achieve interesting goals and for which you can't currently determine further optimization based on the state of the game as of today."

So those! Show me those - I like them.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later

I have a new build I'd like to share here now that I've had time to settle it in and really evaluate performance!

With the help of the lovely minds in the Dominator forums, I put together a Plant/Fiery/Fire Dom recently.

The goal here was to use the many distractions and controls Plant provides, and ignore defense completely in favor of every ounce of damage possible. Perma-dom is a given as well of course. All respect to the softcap chasers out there (I still do it on many builds), but it really feels good to drop these shackles on a control AT and let those powers do the heavy lifting.

I was afraid that it would be a bit risky in practice, but it actually works really well! I certainly can't stand still doing nothing and stay alive on a moon base farm, but really there's nothing I've found that gets in its way. and the damage is very juicy indeed across the board.

Fun strengths:

• Really strong aoe and single target damage.
  • Mez protection, plenty of end support with active powers.
  • Can take tons of extra aggro safely and consolidate mobs very efficiently, as each confused mob and carrion creeper vine has its own aggro cap.
  • Even if you make a mistake, Rise of the Phoenix is there to delete it!
  • It's just fun! Survival requires engagement and active use of your tools.
  • Every power does a nice chunk of damage, even your controls. Seeds is even doing good work here!
  • Near immunity to slows - especially important to keep perma-dom, and avoid many annoying powers.
  • Really low toggle management. If you die or run out of end, just turn on your epic resist, hover, and CJ and you're off to the races! No need to spend the next ten seconds doing the weird little leadership salute and chest pounding dance.

General playstyle:

• Alpha with Seeds, drop your immob, and unload aoes. Spam immob whenever possible between other activities.
  • Pop Rune and/or Vines when you get many adds, giving you some breathing room for Seeds to recharge if needed.
  • Resummon Carrion Creepers on cooldown. These are vital distractions, and a big part of your damage. Fly Trap is just sort of a bonus friend that sometimes survives.
  • If you're taking chip damage, drop Spore Burst on cooldown for some modest healing and to slow down incoming damage. It can even be a good reset if all other tools are recharging. Remember that sleeps are auto-hit in pve now!

The basic idea of a damage-optimized Plant/Fire dom is certainly nothing revolutionary. However, I'm really happy with the end result here, and don't see further room for it to optimize towards the goals of the build.

Build:

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Magic Dominator
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Fiery Assault
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(23), SprAscoft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAscoft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAscoft-Rchg/+Dmg%(29)
Level 1: Flares -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Roots -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(3), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Rgn-Knock%(25), SprDmnGrs-Rchg/Fiery Orb(29)
Level 4: Fire Breath -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(5), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(7), Rct-ResDam%(7), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 8: Seeds of Confusion -- MlsIll-Acc/Rchg(A), MlsIll-Acc/EndRdx(9), MlsIll-Conf/Rng(9), MlsIll-Acc/Conf/Rchg(17), MlsIll-Dam%(45), Ccp-Dam%(46)
Level 10: Fire Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(15), GldJvl-Dam%(50)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Embrace of Fire -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 18: Vines -- UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(21), UnbCns-Dam%(21)
Level 20: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 22: Spore Burst -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(27), PstBls-Dam%(34), JvlVll-Dam%(37), TraoftheH-Dam%(40)
Level 28: Consume -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Arm-Dam%(45)
Level 30: Rune of Protection -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Build%(34), TchofLadG-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Blazing Bolt -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(36), GldJvl-Dam%(36), StnoftheM-Dam%(37), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Blaze -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Fire Ball -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), PstBls-Dam%(42), JvlVll-Dam%(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43)
Level 44: Fire Shield -- ResDam-I(A), HO:Ribo(45)
Level 47: Rain of Fire -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A)
Level 1: Domination 
Level 1: Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've only done one from the ground up, but I'm happy with it so far. I can assume more so when everything gets T4ed and I get the last accolade. FA means end use is higher than I want, but that's getting taken care of via Incarnates. I tried a Ice/stone Stalker, but got within a couple powers to slot when I saw it wasn't good enough. I might go back and reconfigure to see if I can get it to work. I'm leveling various other builds I will try to find final versions of their builds at some point. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

18 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

've only done one from the ground up, but I'm happy with it so far. I can assume more so when everything gets T4ed and I get the last accolade. FA means end use is higher than I want, but that's getting taken care of via Incarnates. I tried a Ice/stone Stalker, but got within a couple powers to slot when I saw it wasn't good enough. I might go back and reconfigure to see if I can get it to work. I'm leveling various other builds I will try to find final versions of their builds at some point. 

Claws/ is such a joy on Scrappers no matter what direction you go, and /EA is of course a champion as well.

Is there anything in particular you like best about this build in terms of what it has achieved, or how it plays? I always love hearing what excites folks about their builds, as it helps with any new inspiration I might have to pursue something similar. : ) 

On my own /EA builds, I find Energy Drain is a sufficient crutch if hungry for end, but it can monopolize a lot of animation time, so perhaps you don't prefer to rely on spamming it. Ageless or even the Alpha is always a great option for high level play, as you note!

Edited by Onlyasandwich

The speed of it really. I have two AoEs which I can chain. I kind of might look at what impact losing Hasten would bring to the build although I only gain a slot for doing so, and I would need a one slot wonder to replace it. The Crit proc is perfect for Claws with it going in FU.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

If a 'perfect build' is one that does exactly what it was designed to do, then this would be my candidate: my Fire/Force Field Controller.  

The basic concept is to knock bad guys on their ass from distance, close in to pin them there, and destroy them.   In practice, it plays more like a Spines/Shield Scrapper than any Controller has a right to, and it's the way that gets done that endears this build to me. 

Every single power, slot, enhancement and bonus serves a specific purpose towards the execution of the overall concept; it's not exactly rocket science or anything, but in as much as it can be, this is essentially a swiss watch that shits out Imps at 49.9 defense to everything but Tox/Psi, drops a Bonfire every 12s, has four ways to knock a mob flat, and hits a sustained 280 global recharge in combat.  It's taken me forever to write this post, because talking about it only makes me want to go run around on it and I have fairly poor impulse control.

Speaking of, here's the build:

Spoiler

Burner Account: Level 50 Technology Controller
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Force Field
Power Pool: Experimentation
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Personal Force Field -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Speed of Sound -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(48), Clr-Stlth(50)
Level 6: Deflection Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(17)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- IceMisTrmt-End/Slow(A), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Rech(19), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Slow(19), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End(21), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End/Rech(21), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(23)
Level 10: Insulation Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(27)
Level 14: Smoke -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(36)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 18: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Krm-ResKB(29), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 20: Dispersion Bubble -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(31), GifoftheA-Run+(33)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33)
Level 24: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 26: Bonfire -- Ann-Dmg/Rchg(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(34), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36)
Level 28: Cinders -- UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(37), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(37), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(39), UnbCns-Dam%(50)
Level 30: Repulsion Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg(40), EdcoftheM-PetDef(40)
Level 35: Power Blast -- SuddAcc-KB/Rech(A), SuddAcc-KB/Acc(42), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(42)
Level 38: Repulsion Bomb -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(45)
Level 41: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dam%(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Ann-ResDeb%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 44: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 47: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(48)
Level 49: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), Prv-Absorb%(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(15), PrfShf-EndMod(15), PrfShf-End%(17)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Total Core Graft 
Level 50: Reactive Total Radial Conversion 
Level 50: Cardiac Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Void Total Core Judgement 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Total Radial Improved Ally 
------------

ETA: @oedipus_tex I'll try and get a video of this up as soon as I can make it not look like crap.  4k is good for gaming but all my videos end up looking like this:

Spoiler

Edited by roleki
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

39 minutes ago, roleki said:

If a 'perfect build' is one that does exactly what it was designed to do, then this would be my candidate: my Fire/Force Field Controller.  

It sounds like a blast! I think force field is a bit more interesting on controllers, as you have some built in teammates that will really benefit from the otherwise excessive defense, and repulsion bomb's damage is actually really welcome.

On 3/4/2022 at 7:05 PM, roleki said:

The basic concept is to knock bad guys on their ass from distance, close in to pin them there, and destroy them.   In practice, it plays more like a Spines/Shield Scrapper than any Controller has a right to, and it's the way that gets done that endears this build to me. 

Every single power, slot, enhancement and bonus serves a specific purpose towards the execution of the overall concept; it's not exactly rocket science or anything, but in as much as it can be, this is essentially a swiss watch that shits out Imps at 49.9 defense to everything but Tox/Psi, drops a Bonfire every 12s, has four ways to knock a mob flat, and hits a sustained 280 global recharge in combat.  It's taken me forever to write this post, because talking about it only makes me want to go run around on it and I have fairly poor impulse control.

Speaking of, here's the build:

Hide contents

Burner Account: Level 50 Technology Controller
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Force Field
Power Pool: Experimentation
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Apc-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Personal Force Field -- DefBuff-I(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(7), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Speed of Sound -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(48), Clr-Stlth(50)
Level 6: Deflection Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(17)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- IceMisTrmt-End/Slow(A), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Rech(19), IceMisTrmt-Dam/Slow(19), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End(21), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End/Rech(21), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(23)
Level 10: Insulation Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(25), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(27), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(27)
Level 14: Smoke -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(36)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 18: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Krm-ResKB(29), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 20: Dispersion Bubble -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(31), GifoftheA-Run+(33)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33)
Level 24: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33)
Level 26: Bonfire -- Ann-Dmg/Rchg(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(34), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36)
Level 28: Cinders -- UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(37), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(37), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(39), UnbCns-Dam%(50)
Level 30: Repulsion Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(50)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(40), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg(40), EdcoftheM-PetDef(40)
Level 35: Power Blast -- SuddAcc-KB/Rech(A), SuddAcc-KB/Acc(42), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(42)
Level 38: Repulsion Bomb -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(45)
Level 41: Energy Torrent -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dam%(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Ann-ResDeb%(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(46)
Level 44: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 47: Temp Invulnerability -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(48)
Level 49: Force Bubble -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), Prv-Absorb%(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(15), PrfShf-EndMod(15), PrfShf-End%(17)
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Total Core Graft 
Level 50: Reactive Total Radial Conversion 
Level 50: Cardiac Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Void Total Core Judgement 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Total Radial Improved Ally 
------------

Now this is an unexpected one. 🙂 I demand a video to see the Fire Forcefielding Fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Peacemoon: Level 50 Mutation Defender
Primary Power Set: Empathy
Secondary Power Set: Psychic Blast
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Psychic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Healing Aura -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Heal(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7)
Level 1: Mental Blast -- Dmg-I(A)
Level 2: Heal Other -- Heal-I(A)
Level 4: Infiltration -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(7), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(9)
Level 6: Psionic Lance -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(33), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), StnoftheM-Dam%(34)
Level 8: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Psychic Scream -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(15)
Level 12: Fortitude -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Membr(15), HO:Membr(19)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(31), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(36)
Level 16: Telekinetic Blast -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(17), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(23), ExpStr-Dam%(25), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(25)
Level 18: Recovery Aura -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(19), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(23), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(37), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(43)
Level 20: Stealth -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx(21), Rct-Def/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), RedFrt-EndRdx(36), RedFrt-Def(36), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(37), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 26: Regeneration Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(45), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 28: Psionic Tornado -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(47)
Level 30: Boxing -- KntCmb-Knock%(A)
Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Dominate -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), UnbCns-Hold(40), Apc-Dam%(42), Apc-Dmg(46), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(48), UnbCns-Dam%(50)
Level 38: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Erd-%Dam(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
------------

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Fallout Engineer: Level 50 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Secondary Power Set: Assault Rifle
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Radiation Infection -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(5), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(5), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(11), DmpSpr-Rchg/EndRdx(13)
Level 1: Burst -- Apc-Dmg(A)
Level 2: Radiant Aura -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(7), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(7), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Accelerate Metabolism -- PreOptmz-EndMod/End(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(9), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(11), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(13), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(39), PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(45)
Level 6: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(48)
Level 8: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Lingering Radiation -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(15), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(19), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(21), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(33), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(34)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(15), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--ToHit(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17), RedFrt-EndRdx(19), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 18: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 20: Sniper Rifle -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(21), Apc-Dam%(33), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(42)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 24: Mutation -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Flamethrower -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(31)
Level 30: Boxing -- Hct-Dmg(A)
Level 32: EM Pulse -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(36), SprEnt-End/Rchg(37), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(37), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(37)
Level 35: Char -- UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold(36), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(36), UnbCns-Dam%(39), NrnSht-Dam%(42), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(50)
Level 38: Full Auto -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(40), PstBls-Dam%(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Rise of the Phoenix -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(34), EndMod-I(45)
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Pyronic Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Clarion Partial Core Invocation 
Level 6: Speed Phase 
------------

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Svarteir Expensive: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Darkness Control
Secondary Power Set: Darkness Affinity

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Dark Grasp -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(5), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(7), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(7), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(9), Apc-Dam%(9)
Level 1: Twilight Grasp -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(3), TchoftheN-Heal(3), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(11), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Living Shadows -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(42)
Level 4: Tar Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Darkest Night -- ToHitDeb-I(A)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 10: Howling Twilight -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Heart of Darkness -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(13), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(15), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(15), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Shadow Fall -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(17), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(17), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 18: Haunt -- CldSns-%Dam(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(19), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(25), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(27)
Level 20: Fade -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(21), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(21), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-Def(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 22: Boxing -- Hct-Dam%(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 26: Shadow Field -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(36), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(37), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(48)
Level 28: Soul Absorption -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal(43), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(46), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 32: Umbra Beast -- SlbAll-Build%(A), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 35: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 38: Dark Servant -- CldSns-%Dam(A), CldSns-ToHitDeb(39), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(39), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(40), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), CldSns-%Dam(50)
Level 44: Soul Drain -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg(45), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Clarion Partial Core Invocation 
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment 
Level 14: Afterburner 
------------

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

My 3 main builds for my characters. I really enjoy all 3! 

The Empath is a great support character who brings a lot of firepower.

The Rad/AR can decimate enemies with debuffs and is partial to a lite of flamethrower/fire action.

Dark/Dark is very tanky with lots of great debuffs, but probably lower on the damage. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Retired, October 2022.

1 hour ago, Peacemoon said:

My 3 main builds for my characters. I really enjoy all 3! 

The Empath is a great support character who brings a lot of firepower.

The Rad/AR can decimate enemies with debuffs and is partial to a lite of flamethrower/fire action.

Dark/Dark is very tanky with lots of great debuffs, but probably lower on the damage. 

Your emp is looking very clean! Some decent damage squeezed in while maintaining good resists and ranged softcap.

Looking at the others, I'm seeing a pattern in these same priorities as well. : )

Is the Rad/AR just pointed thematically towards flame? The lack of M30, Buckshot, or even Ignite seems like it would make aoe time a bit rough. We all have our own priorities of course, and it is still well put together.

I must admit though, the lack of Fearsome Stare in your Dark/ is raising my eyebrows! What is your typical opening combo this this character? 

• Like 1