Rad/Bio big boy paints

Syant

Looking to get a killer build together for my toon. He is rad melee and bio armor.  I like if able to pve great and pvp well leaning more to pve factor. I feel like this combo can bring the pain and stay alive well just not very knowledgeable about Bio armor. Please help me get this done my peeps. I have a Tanker that is ele/dm that I love just want put out more dmg and have this brute at lvl 49 and love the dmg just need help with build.

The long and short of Bio is:

• Bio is a hybrid set. You will with not too much effort cap F/C/E/N defense. It may be possible to cap S/L defense but it is easier to cap S/L resistance. While you can get okay'ish S/L defense you do not have DDR, so putting effort into going beyond where you end up is of dubious value when facing things which debuff defense.
  • As you do not have DDR you will have to rely on regen and absorption, which you have powers to help you with. How and when to use these powers are the key to avoiding Sudden Onset Bio Defeat.
  • Some people say Bio is a clicky set. I suspect some of that comes from stance dancing and the other from not appreciating the proper time to use the set's regen/absorption powers. Stance dancing is up to you, but for my personal style of play I picked one stance and built around it. It is not that I cannot change stances just I am less optimized to be outside of my preferred stance.
  • I suspect from your phrasing you are looking at living in Offensive Stance. Know that it applies a resistance penalty to all of your resistance values. This should mean little to F/C/E/N defense values but you will need to rely more heavily on regen/absorption.
  • Surviving comes down to the following rule of the road: If you have just entered a large mob of enemies then you should pop Parasitic Aura. Failure to do this can lead to the abovementioned Sudden Onset Bio  Defeat, even beyond the ability of your "Oh Shit!" buttons (Ablative Carapace and DNA Siphon) to save you.
  • Like 1

Previously talked about here. I know @Yomo Kimyata posted a slightly different version of the build over on the Scrapper for forums under the topic of AoE based Scrappers. Note, Yomo has enough coin to afford all the things, but there are other builds to look at as well. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I will second Erratic1’s remarks they are spot on.

Rad / Bio does have a slight lag to the damage build up as you wait for Irradiated Ground to drop and start ticking away. Irradiated Ground is too good and even without it you are a beast, but when it does kick in it’s awesome. I have been farming with my Brute and it’s loads of fun to watch the mobs melt.

As for PVP, my experience is limited and it’s often fast paced and hit and run. My current build doesn’t do very well, but I’d be interested if there is a PVP build that does do well or if it is just user error.