SupR: An App for Team Ups and More!

Steampunkette

One of the roleplaying conceits that my husband and I often use for our characters and among our friends is the idea that there are Superhero-Specific team-up apps. Specifically: SupR.

We came up with the concept a few months before City of Heroes went dark, and carried it forward into Champions Online (The only game which came close to the CoH experience, and even then not particularly well). Essentially it functions like a Dating App but for Superheroes. You make a profile, input some information about your powers and relative level of power (Things like Cosmic Heroes and Street Level Vigilantes and such).

And you can post alerts for specific threats that get sent to other heroes (or villains!) in your range to ask for their help with notifications and pop-ups. And because it looks like a superheroic dating or hook-up app you can always claim that "Something just came up!" when your cell phone pings.

Also, obviously, because people are people, it's sometimes used as a dating/hookup app for superheroes and their groupies. At least narratively speaking. But it's still a great basis for "Random Team Up" RP to happen outside of the old "PPD Told Me to Come Here" canard.

I'd love to see this conceit spread on Everlasting, so I am sharing it with all of you!

It is entirely a roleplaying conceit and not an -actual- App or anything. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants, though? The idea of a Profile is just as RPed out as getting a notification, not a real thing you get handed.

But you know... I could set up an "Everlasting SupR" wiki for people to Virtueverse their characters on it? Then it would have kind of a "Real Connections" feel to it, a little.

I'll look at doing that when I get home and over the next few days.

I so love the idea of swiping left on "Healers", too! XD

As for a "Behind the Times" character, a friend could set it up for them and then it's just "Click the flashing things" or "Swipe left for no, right for yes" and go from there!

If there's a red-side equivalent of this, it should be called "Arch-Find." :P

Had the idea recently that since there's quite a few anachronisms in the game already, that villains would use Usenet with dedicated newsgroups (like soc.crime.rogueisles.moderated) to plot and plan meetups.  The idea was that a low-traffic system that doesn't have a centralized server would allow it to go relatively unnoticed in the surveillance state of the Rogue Isles (and you could probably use a slightly out-of-date computer for it, making it cheaper to replace if you need to slag the thing with thermite for... reasons).

Also, instead of a character that's behind the times, it's old villains grumbling about Eternal September.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

So @Chaos Ex Machina sent me some tells in game with a pretty solid idea!

What if we use SupR as an in-character conceit and specifically do so through an in-game Global Chat Channel for IC RP Recruitment? We could still use some shorthand stuff, or describe emojis being attached to messages to show off character personality, maybe even have players describe short videos of their characters posting alerts and the like...

We could also set up Virtueverse "Profile Pages" for SupR and the like, so people can browse through people's SupR profiles.

Would this be something the community enjoys?