Defiant Roll Call

alipuk

42 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

Hi All - Some good names and SGs on this thread I recognise 15 years later - especially Echelon. I used to play an Energy/Energy blaster under the name Lui. Perhaps slightly nutty as a teenager! 

Does anyone remember some of these names? 

Tainted Greek

Xanthus

Claire Voyant (Possible the largest bane of my life in Sirens Call - An incredible Spines/SR PvP scrapper)

Eheh i Remember Lui very well, do you Remember ITALIAN FURIES Sg? Clairevoyance was a scary mines teleporter too. Ar/Dev blaster. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

Hi All - Some good names and SGs on this thread I recognise 15 years later - especially Echelon. I used to play an Energy/Energy blaster under the name Lui. Perhaps slightly nutty as a teenager! 

Tainted Greek

Xanthus

Claire Voyant (Possible the largest bane of my life in Sirens Call - An incredible Spines/SR PvP scrapper)

OMG!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, reib said:

Eheh i Remember Lui very well, do you Remember ITALIAN FURIES Sg? Clairevoyance was a scary mines teleporter too. Ar/Dev blaster. 

Haha.. for not the best reasons I expect. My apologies to all, is 1.5 decades enough time for forgiveness?

Yes I remember the ITALIAN FURIES SG, Order of The Cruciform Swords and ULTRAVIOLET, - I remember being on one of their teams that set an STF record (back when having a cold and sonic def was a must have to have a chance of making it through)

Also a shoutout to Battle Cow if he's still around

35 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

Haha.. for not the best reasons I expect. My apologies to all, is 1.5 decades enough time for forgiveness?

Yes I remember the ITALIAN FURIES SG, Order of The Cruciform Swords and ULTRAVIOLET, - I remember being on one of their teams that set an STF record (back when having a cold and sonic def was a must have to have a chance of making it through)

Also a shoutout to Battle Cow if he's still around

I seem to recall some... incidents... during hami raids from someone with a very similar sounding name back on live.

• Haha 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

10 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

Tainted Greek

Xanthus

Dear gods, it's Lui!! 😄

Yeah, I remember the name well, for......a fair few reasons! 😄 Long time passed though so it's all good 🙂 

And yeah, I remember Xanthus and who the hell could forget the legend that was Tainted Greek 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1

Star Gazer here, one of the Liberty Legion crew. We are rocking online most Sunday's from 12:00 to 15:00 on the Excelsior server.

The characters I can remember of mine were..

Heroes...

Star Gazer (Elec/Elec Blaster)

Dark Plains (Umbral/Umbral Warshade)

Villains...

Existence (Fire/Fire Dominator)

Shroud of Darkness (Ninja/Dark Mastermind)

I also used to dance under the Atlas statue over on both Defiant and Union servers as DJ JD.

Edited by Star_Gazer

Sup all!

Nice to see some names and SGs I find familiar. Defiant was my home and thats where i had some of the best gaming years in my life!

I was mainly a player in the Supernation and Evilernation led by Steve.

But i also had alts in The Goonies, The Karma Police, Femme Fatales, The Echelon, The Insane Asylum......I know I'm forgetting some.....like an SG with nothing but cat people! I was in that too (Eartha Kitt)

Loved all the people of that time. I did everything in the game so you may have done quests with me or PVPed with me or just hung out in Pocket D or under the Atlas statue or maybe just a powerleveling session lmao.

When i think of that time it doesnt feel like a game. It felt like a past life of really being a powered up superhero or villain. great times. truly great. 

4 hours ago, Emerald_Ghost said:

Sup all!

Nice to see some names and SGs I find familiar. Defiant was my home and thats where i had some of the best gaming years in my life!

I was mainly a player in the Supernation and Evilernation led by Steve.

But i also had alts in The Goonies, The Karma Police, Femme Fatales, The Echelon, The Insane Asylum......I know I'm forgetting some.....like an SG with nothing but cat people! I was in that too (Eartha Kitt)

Loved all the people of that time. I did everything in the game so you may have done quests with me or PVPed with me or just hung out in Pocket D or under the Atlas statue or maybe just a powerleveling session lmao.

When i think of that time it doesnt feel like a game. It felt like a past life of really being a powered up superhero or villain. great times. truly great. 

Hi from another ex-member of Supernation.

Ex Defiant and proud Norfolk OldBor

• 8 months later
On 5/3/2019 at 9:07 AM, NightHaunter said:

I was with the Usual Suspects for most of my time on Defiant.

NightHaunter - Blaster - AR/Elec

Hypersonics - Defender - Dark/Sonic

NightBrawl - Scrapper - MA/SR

And so was I, I think at one point I was an officer or something.  Good to see you about bud, looooooooong time innit?  

Prod me in game.  @Firespray1

Hi Chaps. Wilfred (emp/psi) reporting in! 

The Awfully Nice Chaps member and general Defiant layabout ( speaking of which hi guys, wolfy I see you, and you SS, and mere and Coin and JS and aerie and plight and mass and empath and DB and spawnie and jesus christ there's a lot of you codgers running about ). 

My other characters I remember chucking about a lot - Stronghold (inv/ss), Incorruptible (Kin/rad) 

Edited by Wilfred
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later

I've not managed to bring Wolfsbane back to active as he was always a MA/Regen scrapper, but I've found a new main in Sistah Fistah on Indom and Excelsior.

Speaking of which, I noticed GUNHED on Excelsior the other day. Would have sent a tell, but was just starting a TF.

9 hours ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

*throws alarm clock into thread*

WAKE UP, MEDIOCRES AND MISCREANTS!

We all still good here?

Dreamer? Where did you go!? 

I can't see myself getting online (maybe for you haha), but this was an email I couldn't ignore. 

Blast from the past. 

Plight Trawler

7 hours ago, BindW said:

Dreamer? Where did you go!? 

Hey PT!

Well, I missed the final party / parting due to an exploding graphics card (literally: walked out of the office with smoking laptop held in an oven glove.)

I should have kept it for gaming and not done anything silly and unproductive like video editing, or other work.

After that: small trip to work in Hollywood for a year (hint: check if they can pay you FIRST), various gigs since that (working in audio now). Gamewise haven't had a huge amount of time - y'know, work, family, getting married and stuff. 

Did accidentally start a Firefly-flandom roleplay fleet on ST:O that's still going. (Serenity Station had its own epic backstory, about an insane and somewhat grumpy medical frigate captain who jury rigged a junked hospital ship into a rescue station and took it out to the Badlands. How the old USS Serenity took on a new lease of life, nursed along by the USS Kaywinnet Lee, augmented with bits of old junk, salvaged ship sections and random gifts of new tech from three dozen worlds. And of course, picking up a Battlestar-style convoy of refugee ships, fighters and other waifs and strays on the way).

But other than that, haven't had the time to disturb too many people. Must be getting old.

How about you, PT?

Em

x

Edit/PS: if you happen to look up Serenity Station, I am responsible for their founding and backstory: not their appalling musical taste, which I will keelhaul them for without vacuum suits if I ever return to that quadrant.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

57 minutes ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Hey PT!

Well, I missed the final party / parting due to an exploding graphics card (literally: walked out of the office with smoking laptop held in an oven glove.)

I should have kept it for gaming and not done anything silly and unproductive like video editing, or other work.

After that: small trip to work in Hollywood for a year (hint: check if they can pay you FIRST), various gigs since that (working in audio now). Gamewise haven't had a huge amount of time - y'know, work, family, getting married and stuff. 

Did accidentally start a Firefly-flandom roleplay fleet on ST:O that's still going. (Serenity Station had its own epic backstory, about an insane and somewhat grumpy medical frigate captain who jury rigged a junked hospital ship into a battle station, towed it out to the Badlands, and picked up a Battlestar-style assemblage of refugee ships, fighters and other waifs and strays on the way). But other than that, haven't had the time to disturb too many people. Must be getting old.

How about you, PT?

Em

x

Edit/PS: if you happen to look up Serenity Station, I am responsible for their founding and backstory: not their appalling musical taste, which I will keelhaul them for without vacuum suits if I ever return to that quadrant.

Well, that certainly is a lot. I was super chuffed to see your name in an email haha. 

Let's see, when did it end? 2012? I'd been out for several years, I think I popped in in 2011 and didn't bother for the final throes. RL sort of got my attention and I was reluctant to commit to 50 hours of gaming - and I can't moderate, even now.

I never touched ST:O, but have turned my EVE account on for the odd month every several years. Your story and fleet creation skills sound on point.

I went to the Caribbean for a bit to whack drums on ships in 2011/12, fortunately I did check if I'd be paid beforehand. Hollywood sounds very cool! I have some unedited videos from 2010 if you want a job haha. I played some GW2 WvWvW which was fun around 2013/14 (I have a level 80 mesmer called Plight Trawler), I painted some models for WH and then ragequit, wasted some time on the internet. Mostly just hit things, play badminton, teach and chat sh*t now. 

Congrats on getting married IRL, I knew marrying blue cats wasn't all you were good for ;). I'm glad you're alive and well. Will you be playing? I'm currently just chilling with COVID and my GF is abroad for a while, so maybe the old CoH might get a spin now. 

SG music choice will be your majesterium if vacuums are the punishment for getting it wrong! 

Oh the nostalgia and the good news! 🙂

Plight, binder of keys, AKA Jim ❤️

8 hours ago, BindW said:

Congrats on getting married IRL, I knew marrying blue cats wasn't all you were good for ;). I'm glad you're alive and well. Will you be playing? I'm currently just chilling with COVID and my GF is abroad for a while, so maybe the old CoH might get a spin now. 

❤️

Would be good to see ya round. Between long COVID (1/10, do NOT recommend, get your damn vaxx in), work and new responsibilities, not got much time for hobbies, though working out (gently, short HIITs and lots of yoga) and exploring newfound joys of country livin'. Well, 10 miles down the road from my old place, but feels like a world away. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:18 PM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Would be good to see ya round. Between long COVID (1/10, do NOT recommend, get your damn vaxx in), work and new responsibilities, not got much time for hobbies, though working out (gently, short HIITs and lots of yoga) and exploring newfound joys of country livin'. Well, 10 miles down the road from my old place, but feels like a world away. 

Heya DW 😄

• 3 months later

@PoisonousDwarf here (@TalonGrayon on Homecoming), previous member of Karma Police

My mains were:

PoisonousDwarf (spines/regen scrapper)

Snickety (claws/wp scrapper)

Genkaku (ill/kin controller)

Hitokengu Uchimasu (SS/wp tank)

Currently floating about on my grav/elec dom, Talon Grayson but I've started rolling a few of my old toons and unfinished concepts again.

Although, someone on Excelsior has taken the name Snickety 😭

P.S.

@Hamish How do?

@mereman I remember Prof. Radburn, may he rest in peace.

A few other names here I recognise, but live was a long time ago.

Edited by TalonGrayson

• 9 months later
  • 2 months later

Hello deviants.

I played on Defiant from around i6 - Tiger Slash (Cl / Reg), Man Tiger (Inv / SS), Viking Furnace (Fire / Axe), Amazon Thunder (Lec / Lec blaster), Illuzi-One, (Ill / Rad)  and Luminesque (PB) were my mains blue side.

I'd be amazed if any of my old SG the Amazon Stars were here after all this time!