New Sentinel blast set proposal: Nature Blast

Underfyre

Anyone have something to say about Storm Blast having 3 primary damage types? Y'all spent an awful lot of time running your mouths about that. Better get on that feedback thread and run those mouths some more.

Yes, I'm that petty. No, I don't forget.

Edited by Underfyre

On 2/16/2022 at 12:39 AM, UltraAlt said:

In all honesty/fairness, Dual Pistols does have ammo that allows changing damage types to ice, fire, and toxic.

But it does that for all your powers and not select powers in the set. You could toggle it before using each power, I guess.

Swap Ammo changes a vanishingly small portion of powers' damage to Fire, Cold, or Toxic. The vast majority is still Lethal -- you aren't actually getting any meaningful resistance-piercing function if 20 damage is convertible to Fire/Cold/Toxic and 250 damage is not. That's why at least for Blasters and Sentinels, who don't have great debuff scalars to really make use of the debuffs attached to Chemical Ammo, and don't need the extra range and extremely mild slow attached to Cryo Ammo, tend to sit with Incendiary Ammo most of the time, since it puts out the most damage, as it's secondary effect is an additional DoT. Occasionally, Swap Ammo gets turned it off entirely for certain powers that lose bits of functionality in exchange for the ammo type.

2 hours ago, A.I.D.A. said:

Swap Ammo changes a vanishingly small portion of powers' damage to Fire, Cold, or Toxic.

For the lols, I used my DP/EM Blaster to put out a fire using Cryo Ammo, just to be able to say that I'd shot a fire out. It worked, but Ghu, it was tedious.

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2023 at 4:50 AM, A.I.D.A. said:

Blasters and Sentinels, who don't have great debuff scalars to really make use of the debuffs attached to Chemical Ammo

You can slot -def into dual pistols.

I have one character that tries to exclusively use the Chemical ammo along with the toxic dart and corrosive vial from experimentation pool.

On 4/8/2023 at 4:50 AM, A.I.D.A. said:

don't need the extra range and extremely mild slow attached to Cryo Ammo

Suppressive fire

"Changing your ammo type with the 'Swap Ammo' power will change your secondary damage from lethal to cold, fire or toxic. Additionally, changing your ammunition type will also change the secondary effect of this attack from Disorient effect to a Hold effect if 'Cryo Ammo', 'Incendiary Ammo' or 'Chemical Rounds' are loaded."

Slowing them and holding them seems to be a plus for me on some characters.

I don't use fire ammo too often.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Mine was /Martial, which has a lot of disorient on punches and no hold, so having the disorient was preferable for me. Stacked more magnitude of the same hard CC that way. I don't care whether they sit still and don't attack, or wander slowly and don't attack XD