Triple Stack Spider's Bite Damage Bonus?

dicek

Hey everyone. I'm trying out a Soldier and really enjoying the Crab stuff. (Backpack silliness aside, of course!) I've been slowly preparing/saving for my level 50 build, and I have a small question about the Superior Spider's Bite IO set.

The Set Bonus for just 2 of them is 4% DMG, which seems pretty significant. Would it be worth splitting up the set to slot three different powers with 2 of them? I know I'd be losing out on that whopping 10% Recharge boost, but I feel like it might be a fair exchange. I'm just not super sure if these values are as good as they look on paper when put to practice. (And just very new to the class in general, so not sure what has the most oomph.)

Personally, I've never been impressed by damage bonuses. 4% is as large as it gets, which is equivalent to 1/10th of a level 50 damage IO in all your powers. Then you see 15% accuracy bonuses which is like getting 1/3rd of a level 50 accuracy IO in all your powers. Similar with Recharge, the 10% is equivalent to 1/4th of a level 50 Recharge IO in all your powers.

So long story short, damage bonuses feel inefficient to chase and I would not split up the set.

• Thumbs Up 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Veats also don't have much room for damage buffs. They're stuck with an awful 400% cap, which will hopefully be addressed someday. Really should have been addressed during the brute/tanker damage cap adjustment though where I did bring it up.

400% dmg cap

100% base

100% enhanced value

30% musculature alpha

10% hybrid passive 

15% TT: assault

15% leadership assault

15-30% set bonuses

=100-115% available margin to increase damage.

That is not even enough room to fully benefit from bu/aim with a gaussian proc. You cap out with about 4 small red insps. Ally damage buffs are often wasted.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Sad 1

Currently on fire.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:14 AM, DreadShinobi said:

Veats also don't have much room for damage buffs. They're stuck with an awful 400% cap, which will hopefully be addressed someday. Really should have been addressed during the brute/tanker damage cap adjustment though where I did bring it up.

400% dmg cap

100% base

100% enhanced value

30% musculature alpha

10% hybrid passive 

15% TT: assault

15% leadership assault

15-30% set bonuses

=100-115% available margin to increase damage.

That is not even enough room to fully benefit from bu/aim with a gaussian proc. You cap out with about 4 small red insps. Ally damage buffs are often wasted.

Noooooobody knows, the trouble iiiive seen
Noooobody knows, but Arachnooooos

Resident certified baby

Not particularly relevant for VEATs, but the only character I have that really paid attention to damage buffs from enhancement sets is my /Bio Armor stalker. It's not like I was paying that much attention, but I noticed the enhancement set damage buffs offset the use of Defensive Adaptation.