Note, about Super Stunners.

KaizenSoze

• 2 months later

It takes an alert team, and even then doesn't always work, especially if there are multiple super stunners, but I always love it when a plan comes together and the controllers freeze the stunners, the melee moves out-of-range, and the range strikers drop 'em.   No wake-up juice for you creeps!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/25/2022 at 7:51 AM, Ukase said:

Ah..jousting.  I remember back on Liberty when @Nemu taught me about jousting. I practiced on skulls in Perez Park with Fire Sword Circle until I figured it out. It was awesome. I recommend everyone learn this tactic just for kicks and grins if nothing else. 

Definitely has its uses.  I have long used it on my Claws/SR to get better Shockwave cone placement without screwing up the rest of my attack chain (working around the inherent problem with going back and forth between a Ranged Cone and a Melee PBAoE), but I didn't even realize the technique had an actual name until @Nemu enlightened me with regard to other uses for it that I hadn't considered, though.  It was just something I did.

Somehow, it had never occurred to me how much use I could get out of it on my Energy Blaster!

42 minutes ago, Stormwalker said:

Definitely has its uses.  I have long used it on my Claws/SR to get better Shockwave cone placement without screwing up the rest of my attack chain (working around the inherent problem with going back and forth between a Ranged Cone and a Melee PBAoE), but I didn't even realize the technique had an actual name until @Nemu enlightened me with regard to other uses for it that I hadn't considered, though.  It was just something I did.

Somehow, it had never occurred to me how much use I could get out of it on my Energy Blaster!

Jousting is very useful, but hard with Super Stunners. Their rez AOE is large,25.

Infiltration helps because is gives you speed and maneuverability. My Elec/Ice blaster is very good at drive by from Freezing Auras and Touches.

27 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

Jousting is very useful, but hard with Super Stunners. Their rez AOE is large,25.

Infiltration helps because is gives you speed and maneuverability. My Elec/Ice blaster is very good at drive by from Freezing Auras and Touches.

Yeah, I have Infiltration on my Claws/SR, but sadly I do not have it at Yin TF levels.

Though the much bigger problem for my Claws/SR in the Yin TF is not having my AoE defense toggle yet, which means nearly every AoE hits me.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:36 PM, A Cat said:

Also if you are melee only, jousting works (queue the finishing blow, then run by the enemy quickly so you end up away from them as your power fires off). Also, on rezzing they gain hp proportionally to the number of people in range of their death end drain, so at the very least try not to clump around a low hp Super Stunner. 

WTF kind of hackery is this?! Jousting?! I confess, I've been doing it for years. BUT I feel guilty for exploiting the poor 1990s pre-broadband game-engine.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.