I think I should probably retire

Yomo Kimyata

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Maybe I should stop selling enhancements already.

Maybe you should go into the inspiration market?

• Haha 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

image.png.fa96d0465eeeaa790ba3b69ab9322700.png

Sadly (or not) this is my first farmer. De-slotted, retired once I realized I could just re-roll them for the emp merits. Vet level 2525. So, most of my farmer/marketers never get more than 1000 enhancement sales before they're put out to pasture. 

image.png.6cc86a4a629b32a382b1ea63125c6e20.png

This one is just pvp IO sales since April 2020 when I stumbled on to the idea that I could focus on one niche with one character. 

But, I play the game, too - and usually characters don't JUST do marketing, so there's no telling what the actual stats are without a lot of logging in/out and tallying. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, optimistic said:

How/what do you re-roll for Empyrean Merits?

Guessing converting them over to Transcendent Merits and giving them to the new build. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 minute ago, Without_Pause said:

Guessing converting them over to Transcendent Merits and giving them to the new build. 

So earn Empyrean Merits on Farmer Toon, convert to Transcendent Merits, email (5 of them) to Alt Toon, and then convert them back to Empyrean Merits.  That's a hassle, but I get it.  Why would this preclude the poster from selling enhancements on the market though?  

37 minutes ago, optimistic said:

How/what do you re-roll for Empyrean Merits?

Given the relative ease with which one can level a farmer (especially after the first), I assumed that what Ukase meant was that once his farmer hit vet level 99 and the emp merits stopped flowing, that farmer was retired in favor of a new farmer that could once again earn emp merits with their vet levels. If the new farmer is the same build (or close), then the old one could be stripped and their enhancements given to the new one. I could be way off, though.

On 1/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Out of curiosity I started checking the kiosk with some of my alts.  Maybe I should stop selling enhancements already.

2022-01-25.png.edd024f00a2386d07c56867523a39b03.png

1977414689_2022-01-25(2).png.5775a164e735b12708a7409db1d9a176.png

I doubt either of these are HC records, but I suspect I have more than a few alts in this range.

The entire economy would collapse. 

• Haha 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

On 1/26/2022 at 7:04 AM, Andreah said:

One of my marketeers works in the salvage market. Higher volume, but lower margins.

Wow

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 1/26/2022 at 8:05 AM, Ukase said:

I could just re-roll them for the emp merits

This would never have occurred to me.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

14 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Given the relative ease with which one can level a farmer (especially after the first), I assumed that what Ukase meant was that once his farmer hit vet level 99 and the emp merits stopped flowing, that farmer was retired in favor of a new farmer that could once again earn emp merits with their vet levels. If the new farmer is the same build (or close), then the old one could be stripped and their enhancements given to the new one. I could be way off, though.

Not quite. This is just anecdotal and my perception bias at work, but I notice it takes roughly the same amount of time to get from 1-50 as it takes to get 3 vet levels. 

Given that perception of mine, it doesn't make sense to me to keep working a farmer from vet level 48 to 51 when the emps drop from 15 to 10. So, I reroll at that point. 

A case can be made to reroll at 24, before the emp drops go from 20 to 15, but it can  be a bit tedious to re-roll. You have to respec twice to get all the IOs out. Then you have to transfer all the merits, salvage, catalysts, etc to another character and then to the new farmer. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, optimistic said:

Why would this preclude the poster from selling enhancements on the market though?  

In my case, it wouldn't - except the farmer that can no longer earn emp merits, and doesn't have any IOs slotted, as those were given to the new alt...there's no reason to log in this character any more, once all the threads have been used to purchase super insps. I can't see continuing to log it in and market when the new farmer can do anything this one can do. 

10 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e860c09cad2961b34522d889efb3be6.jpeg

• Like 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:12 AM, Ukase said:

I notice it takes roughly the same amount of time to get from 1-50 as it takes to get 3 vet levels.

I went and did the numbers on this and it checks out to being level 48. The thing which trips me up is my personal experience of a dual boxer goes against this. I might have to do a test on a level 1 build at some point. A 50 won't get a Vet level on a Big Mobs map, but I can't imagine having a character sitting at 48 after the farmer got three Vet levels. I wonder if it is part of AE experience being played with.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

11 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I went and did the numbers on this and it checks out to being level 48. The thing which trips me up is my personal experience of a dual boxer goes against this. I might have to do a test on a level 1 build at some point. A 50 won't get a Vet level on a Big Mobs map, but I can't imagine having a character sitting at 48 after the farmer got three Vet levels. I wonder if it is part of AE experience being played with.

So a few things: 
Not all AE maps are the same. At least, anecdotally, I've noticed some maps give more XP for a +4 boss than other maps. More XP for +4 minions than other maps, too. 

Another point of information: The goal (for me) is to get the emp merits. So, if I were to proceed beyond vet level 48 to vet level 51, I only get 10 emp merits. I have to proceed further to vet level 54 to get 20 emp merits. 

So, technically, I need to PL a character from 1 to 50 vet level 3 sooner than it takes to get 6 vet levels. 
Or, alternatively, go from 1 to 50 vet level 3 faster than 2/3 the time it takes to get from vet level 24 to vet level 30. (which would give 30 merits)

But, as I should have mentioned, I'm an afk farmer. So, not really sweating the time. It's more a question of the number of maps. And, I think the optimal solution or process to do this is likely going to be different for many of us. 

9 hours ago, Ukase said:

Not all AE maps are the same. At least, anecdotally, I've noticed some maps give more XP for a +4 boss than other maps. More XP for +4 minions than other maps, too. 

This isn't a factor when dual boxing. There are easily other factors going on terms of XP gain that I might not be factoring as well. It is interesting to think about having a level 48 so quickly.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

27 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

This isn't a factor when dual boxing. There are easily other factors going on terms of XP gain that I might not be factoring as well. It is interesting to think about having a level 48 so quickly.

I'm missing something...you say that the different maps that give different XP for the kill of the same level mob isn't a factor when dual boxing? 
Why not? The xp is still less for each defeat, isn't it? Or have I totally misunderstood what you're written? (Certainly wouldn't be the first time that's happened!)

Edited by Ukase

The map giving out low or high XP doesn't matter. I had assumed the total XP being given out to each character should be the same. This explains why a a character going from level 1 to 48 can be done at the same time as a level 50 getting 3 Vet levels. What I have experienced is that when I dual box, a level 50 famer is getting 3 Vet levels faster than the level 1 gets to 48. I reminded myself those characters aren't getting the same XP.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 1/26/2022 at 1:34 AM, UltraAlt said:

Maybe you should go into the inspiration market?

Sounds funny, but someone seems to be getting involved with it.

An Ebil Marketer perhaps?

HyW4vw.gif