Say a thanks? Share a memory!

GM Xellx

Humungous thanks to everybody who made this miracle possible! I'm actually still kind of in shock, I was totally certain I was never going to see this game again. So many memories...I'm quite verklempt.  :)  Thank you!

Like others here, I really clicked with CoX from the moment I installed it on launch day.

But the real magic kicked in a year later, on September 19th. That's international Talk like a Pirate Day, so some friends made pirate alts, we formed a super group, and basically got silly being pirates.

Three years later, we had been playing our silly pirate team almost every night, and had dozens of regular pirates. I'd often solo as Fair Cap'n Rudy, pulling random people into my crazy pirate fantasy world.

"what it means for yourself personally."

No game has ever held a candle to CoX. Year after year I bemoaned the loss of this game. Every time I played an mmo, before eventually unsubscribing, I'd compare it to CoX. While playing Dcuo I WOULD PLAY THE CoX MUSIC in the background!

Other people have said it best. Thank you Homecoming Team.

"Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale... if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied."​

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to all those who made it possible so everyone could play this great game again. I can't begin to imagine how much work all of you had to do. I have felt for a very long time that there has been a drought for good games. This of course is just my opinion. I played this a lot when I thought there were no more heroes left. Thanks to you all on the Homecoming team I am able to play a great game and remember again. There is a hero that lives inside of each of us. This means a lot to me, thanks. :) When I learn how, I will do my best to donate whatever I can.

My wife, daughter, and I would like to echo the sentiments expressed by many here. Our two main games were CoH and LOTRO. When CoH was shut down, none of the new superhero games really caught our imaginations like this one. There have been a number of times recently when we would play one of the other superhero games, and my daughter would wistfully say "I miss City of Heroes."

Now it is back. Thank you for all of your hard work to bring so much fun back to a lot of people. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

This is truly a homecoming for many of us. :)

Since they murdered CoH, I've spen most of my gaming time playing DCUO but it's never felt the same, enough.

DCUO is good, definitely great but it's always just felt like a CoH wannabe that is lacking in so, so many areas!

O found Homecoming a few days ago and it's sooo familiar but at the sime time so new! Rediscovering old favourites, new ones too!

I made a healer ealier this morning and immediately while repeatedly hitting the Healing Aura button knew for certain my healer from the old days had an auto firing aura.  I rediscovered keybinds a few days ago with a Mastermind and the repeating power has been bugging me and I'vespent too much time looking for it.

Small vi... no... BIG vicotry a few minutes ago! I had trolled keybinds pages and finally found it!

I have to go to work now but I cannot wait to get hoe and try it out in team!

Thank you for bringing back lost memories, new ones to be made and the BEST damn game there has ever been!!! (equal to Star Wars Galaxies!!  ;D )

You made me a happy gamer again!  ;D ;D ;D

My biggest Personal memory was the day that I was just logging on my main, I don't even remember what I was going to do but it wasn't running an Itrial. The first thing I saw when I logged in was Zwillinger, the Community Rep on his personal toon..say in all caps in Local. "RYU YOU NEED TO LEAD AN ITRIAL RIGHT NOW!!!!"

However, that is not the story I came here to tell, I just remembered that bit as I loaded in the reply screen. The story I was going to tell doesn't involve me, it involves a post made by a parent. That post was them thanking the group that ran a Synapse with their 6 year old child, how they went slow in the task force and didn't bull rush everything and let the kid be comfortable with the pulls, how they guided the child through how to play a blaster and the different buttons the child had to press and what they did. I forget most of the details of the post, but I do remember the parent saying that their kid called the Clockwork Zappies.

Boy I could write a book on my first experience's my three sons and I cut our teeth on this game and it was my first mmo I remember a friend and I were on a CoT mish and it was timed and we couldn't find the last glowie so we split up not a good idea, we were both squishies but we went on our ways to find the glowie with just seconds to go when I heard it. When I got to it there was a purple life mage right next to it but I remembered I had a temp stealth power clicked that bad boy and took an angle to sorta get out of the mages los and just as I went to click the glowie looked at the timer and I swear it was on 1 sec. soooo the next thing I see was MISSION COMPLETE. Needless to say we both knew what happened and almost at the same time we say...NICE lol and now you guys at HOMECOMING made this all happen again for all of us who absolutely love this game I say a great BIG THANK YOU!!! 

Mr. Universe: From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse, that's my motto, or it might be if I start having a motto.

I have played Champions Online.  I have played DC Heroes.  But City of Heroes has always felt like the best of the superhero MMOs that were created.  I think part of it is that your hero fights multiple enemies at once and can do it successfully.  The MOBs aren't balanced around being equal to your hero one vs. one, so you can actually feel superheroic.  Thanks for giving me another chance to play this great game!

Great to see this game come back, in any form.  ;D  Was very nostalgic.  I thought I'd never play this game again after a couple of years of waiting for something to happen.  Looked up this game recently to see what, if anything, was happeneing and I find out about this.  Awesome.  :)

My sentiments echo many of those already expressed - I had no idea City of Heroes/Villains had any life in it, at all, prior to a couple of weeks ago. Learning about Homecoming was about the nicest birthday present I could have gotten, and totally unexpected.

I had participated in the Beta all the way through the sunset on Live, and when the plug was pulled, so was a bit of my heart, as maudlin as that sounds. I'd played in tandem with my son, made friends, and had unleashed my imagination for 8 years in the Rogue Isles and Paragon City. I'll admit, I was rather emotional at its closure.

I hadn't realized a part of me was missing until I loaded up the game and heard the music, and stood in front of Kalinda and saw someone and their minions /pet dancing. Seven years, it seemed, hadn't passed at all. I was transported back in time. (and I'm impressed how well the game has aged...gameplay wise, its more fun than ESO, GW2, STO or anything that has filled my time since Live died.

So...Leandro, and all those involved in making this possible, out of your own time, money and energy, a huge thank you for giving us back something we had lost, and that for many of us had become something more than we had ever expected. I have no words to thank you sufficiently. Instead, I'll salute you as I fly across the skies of Atlas Park rescuing hapless citizens, or slink along the mire of Port Oakes plotting my rise to power.

If there is anyone from Justice / Phoenix Rising or Virtue / -Corporation- reading this (Frosty, Captain Omega, Riley, Jules Burns, Soviet Statesman, etc) give me a holler/message. This is Nightfist/chill out/mechanista

Also, I never got to thank Paladin on Virtue, who ran so many great TFs out of the RWZ. I hope you too found your way back home.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

I want to make this my first post so here goes.

First time arrival here on the Homecoming scene, learned about it from Star Trek Online Subreddit of all places. City of Heroes was one of my first and all time favorite of the MMO's I have played through the ages. No matter how many times I played it and how long I went away from it for various reasons, it still fit like an old glove when ever I sat down and played it again. I was part of a "guild" in CoH/V we played both sides and often teamed up to have fun with various tasks and what not. I felt a pang of regret the day I learned that CoH was to end. I tried Champions online to get a Hero / Villain fix, but alas it could not scratch the itch that CoH/V did so well. I hope to get the nostalgia filled once again now that I learned about Homecoming. Hope to see many happy hours here.

Here's to old and new friends. Cheers all, now lets go kill some Skulls.

I want to say a huge thanks to everyone who made it possible. You guys are saints of gaming, I swear - not only you resurrected CoX, but you are still bugfixing and developing it.

I bought three games shortly before getting on Homecoming last week, said to myself "eh, I'll just check it out" - I haven't played anything else since.

What you are doing is a herculean task indeed, so thanks again from the bottom of my heart. You brought back some fond memories from a simpler and happier time. "The feelz are realz". Cheers.

OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT"S REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(downloading but i believe it  ;D)

SUPER THANK FOR ALL YOU GUYS WHO MADE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 36 50s on freedom server, THIS.........I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TELL MY FEELING NOW!!!!!

SUPER EXCITED!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT"S REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(downloading but i believe it  ;D)

SUPER THANK FOR ALL YOU GUYS WHO MADE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 36 50s on freedom server, THIS.........I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TELL MY FEELING NOW!!!!!

SUPER EXCITED!!!!!

That? What you're feeling? I felt it too. Still am. Enjoy :)

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

I’m AMAZED!..

It’s like i’m In my twenties again. I would stay up till the early hours of the morning... saying to myself just one more mission with this team. :-)

This game was ahead of it’s time back when it was launched and you can tell because it’s still so popular today.

How they have managed to create homecoming is beyond me but i’m Sooooo grateful, but just so you know.. Most of my weekend was spent in Paragon and not doing normal 40 plus things..

Thank you, thank you, thank you