Ship of Heroes...?

The_Warpact

Yeah, I saw the article yesterday.

The game's not supposed to launch until end of 2022. Of course this upcoming open beta was supposed to happen a couple of months ago, so who knows when it'll actually launch.

Of the three CoH spiritual successors this was the one that I was most excited for. I've become incredibly less excited as the years have drug on, and now not at all that CoH itself is back.

If it ever launches I'll check it out.  *shrug*

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Just now, PeregrineFalcon said:

Yeah, I saw the article yesterday.

The game's not supposed to launch until end of 2022. Of course this upcoming open beta was supposed to happen a couple of months ago, so who knows when it'll actually launch.

Of the three CoH spiritual successors this was the one that I was most excited for. I've become incredibly less excited as the years have drug on, and now not at all that CoH itself is back.

If it ever launches I'll check it out.  *shrug*

So its another "spiritual successor"....

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Oh yeah. You didn't know about this one? It was first announced two or three years ago. And for awhile it seemed like the one most likely to launch.

I even played in one of the open betas. The character creator was ok and I was able to run around their version of Atlas Park. They have a YouTube channel with some videos of in game play. You should check it out.

I just realized that I didn't answer your question.

So Ship of Heroes is set in the far future. There a people on a giant city-starship and some of them are superheroes. The giant city-starship has various factions, some of whom like to cause trouble for the citizens and/or crew. This is where the superheroes come in.

Also, the ship stops by various planets from time to time. IIRC, this will be an in game explanation for various places the characters can go to. Dinosaur world, Old west world, Medieval world, etc.

Like I said, if it ever launches I'll check it out.

Edited by PeregrineFalcon
Added more info.
  • Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I was interested back when they first threw together their crowdfunding campaign (although it got taken down very quickly - I guess they must have secured other funding), but I played in one of the betas they did last year and wasn't too impressed. Whole thing felt very clunky and for my money it's u-g-l-y. I assume they're a small team and so there's only so much I can expect, but yeah, I'm not desperate to play any more of it.

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

From the website and vids, a lot looks oddly familiar (logos, character creation screens, certain in-world buildings and objects).

And it looks like a lot of love has gone into the design of some of the new bits of the city.

Can't say the same about the textures, animation or UI just yet. They don't quite hold up compared to final-issue COH, let alone modern titles, but that's all fixable over time.

For a purely amateur effort, it's impressive, and I'd probably give it a whirl when/if it launches.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Yeah, this was the one that (when initially presented) looked almost like they were moving full bore, but (like most of them) that subsided pretty quickly and it just sits in my bookmarks.

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)