How do YOU Perma-Dom

BastionWalls

This isn't a question of how to get Perma-Dom, but more of the best mechanics to use to maintain it. Do you Auto Dom or Hasten? Can you link the non-Auto power to one of your attacks via a macro? How do you track your non-Auto power so you hit it as soon as it's up? Is it just a matter of putting that power somewhere in your tray that you will see when it's recharged and just training yourself to see it amongst all the chaos? I have been struggling with this so far and am just looking for a way to "idiot-proof" the process.

I have one dom with hasten-less permadom. Log her on, go street sweep until domination is up, leave it on auto and it never goes away. But that takes gearing completely for global +recharge and kinda blows for other build choices.

The others are regular permadom with hasten. Hasten is set to auto and I bound dom to V. Same thing I do with my SR and Shield builds where V is set for practiced brawler and active defense.

Tray 1 is click attacks/powers I use often.

Tray 2 above 1 is toggles and other long recharge clicks.

Tray 3 above 2 contains powers I usually bind. Hasten will be on auto, then Dom/PB/AD, other heals or click buffs, etc. This makes it very easy to see when something is about to be ready again.

Generally speaking, T, Y, U are self-buffs, V, B, N are click mez and heals.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Thumbs Up 4

I put Hasten on auto-renew and manually click Domination when its up. It helps a lot to turn on the visual timers for icons so you can see exactly when they will recharge.

I do have the problem of not being able to go to the bathroom without Domination falling off. Hazard of the class. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'll always put Hasten on auto due to habit of every other character and I like to put domination next to my most clickable area typically right next to powerboost where it's in the spot of where any Build-Up type power goes.  

I shoot for 85-100% recharge bonuses along with defense/hp and rely on being well practiced at re-clicking domination.  

• Like 1

I put domination on auto and click hasten when it's up. As long as overall recharge is in a good place it's less problematic to be a bit slow pressing hasten than it is to be a bit slow pressing domination, so I prefer to put domination on auto. 

I use hasten on my dom builds and usually get 75 - 100+% global recharge beyond that. If global recharge is on the low end of that scale, then that tends to be for builds that have force feedback +recharge IOs in them that will often trigger when used. 

PS: Purchase a snowball in the P2W vendor's "just for fun" sale window. It's inexpensive. You can then build dom while outside missions by throwing snowballs at player characters, pets, some NPCs and objects, and all enemies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

This advice is amazing, effective, and hilarious.

That's such a last year tactic. 

I mean I'll still do it to people and blame it on building up domination and that it can't be helped.  But now I just summon the Vanguard dummy, pop Force of Nature and interrupt snipe, perma in seconds.  

I haven't tried to prove it, but based on the publicly available code, it seems you get bonus Domination points for every team member, without regard to whether that entity is a player or a pet. So, keeping pets around (probably) actually has a semi-useful extra side function. A Fire Controller with 3 imps and a APP pet would build Domination as if on a 5-man team.

Also, it's an unexpected synergy between Dominators and Masterminds. 🙂 

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Confused 1

Perma hasten, domination, and tie it to a rolling bind tied to W.  Put Hoarfost on similar bind to S, but its not a rolling bind it just activate say turning it to an auto fire which switches to auto of hasten or dominate with the W.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I have directional binding set up; I use hasten even in builds with perma dom without it 😕 

it’s just too powerful of a button for how little actual investment you need in it. (Forever In the fun comes first mindset, and think it should just be a global passive effect rolled in since it in and of itself is neither fun to use nor player button utilization-changing lol but I’m likely the minority XD)

• Thumbs Up 1

Bound Dom to forward, hasten on auto. Easy peasy. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Build for about 128% global recharge before hasten. This keeps your domination up without needing to click hasten so you can use the bathroom or what have you. This doesn't mean skip hasten though. Hasten acts as an effective buffer against recharge debuffs without needing to slot such IOs. Having your domination recharge as fast as possible is always beneficial because it means more resets to your blue bar. For dominators, more recharge means more recovery or avg end/sec. You can get 20% more rchg from sg base buff and 15% from amplifier. And last but not least, align as a villain so you get access to Frenzy which automatically fills your entire domination bar, so you never actually need to waste time building up your initial domination street sweeping or whatever. Basically all my characters are vigilante, and my dominators are villain-only. Sucks, but an easy choice to make. Domination is the auto power, hasten is a clicky.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 3

Currently on fire.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:11 AM, BastionWalls said:

This isn't a question of how to get Perma-Dom, but more of the best mechanics to use to maintain it. Do you Auto Dom or Hasten? Can you link the non-Auto power to one of your attacks via a macro? How do you track your non-Auto power so you hit it as soon as it's up? Is it just a matter of putting that power somewhere in your tray that you will see when it's recharged and just training yourself to see it amongst all the chaos? I have been struggling with this so far and am just looking for a way to "idiot-proof" the process.

Luck of the Gambler, Hasten, ATOs, Purples, yadda, yadda, yadda . . . BOOM!!  Perma Dom.

Oh, and you want it to be on auto because it's a vicious cycle - fire enough attacks to get perma - now you have a brief, little boost to tohit, a full blue bar, mez protection, and the bigger badder mezzes.  If domination, the inherent, recharges before it expires you keep all that going.  If you let it expire you have to build up your bar again and lose mez protection and all the other stuff.

Edited by Bionic_Flea

10 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Teach me, my peeps.  I’m not a dominator kind of organism, but generally I don’t know why people want domination to activate automatically?  I’m all for having it up whenever you want it, but why would you put a blue bar filler on auto as opposed to on demand?

Because a lot of builds are tight on recharge and only have seconds to click or people get distracted and forget to re-click domination.  

But I agree I don't auto Domination.  Knowing I have it ready for the click I run as much of my blue bar dry that I can so I can get it filled all back up so then I can click it on demand.  

Edited by Mezmera

Domination does 3 tasty things at one and the same time, as follows:

1. Domination doubles the mag of numerous control powers and noticeably increases control duation, meaning insta-mez for bosses with a single application. This is huge for shutting down bosses before they can fight back and the extended duration adds a lot to safety. Controlling EBs and even AVs is soo much easier with domination active. 

2. Domination provides stable mez protection, which limits the possibility of being interrupted in the middle of using a skill and ending up having that use of that skill cancelled.

3. It refills the endurance bar. 

Number 3 is for many builds not that important. The first two points above, though, they are game-changers for how a dominator plays. 

On 1/31/2022 at 10:49 AM, oedipus_tex said:

I put Hasten on auto-renew and manually click Domination when its up. It helps a lot to turn on the visual timers for icons so you can see exactly when they will recharge.

I do have the problem of not being able to go to the bathroom without Domination falling off. Hazard of the class. 🙂

I agree with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Teach me, my peeps.  I’m not a dominator kind of organism, but generally I don’t know why people want domination to activate automatically?  I’m all for having it up whenever you want it, but why would you put a blue bar filler on auto as opposed to on demand?

To me, it only makes sense to put it on autofire if you can permadom.

As Dominator, you are very likely to run out of end and need it to refill your end bar.

I guess it is a give-or-take of being able to do more damage while Domination is up, but  having to REST or burn END inps while Domination is up because you are out of end.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

To me, a power can only be called perma if you can set it to autofire and forget about it.  Does that make for tight and expensive builds?  Yes.  But any other way of doing it drives me insane.

"This power will stay up all the time if you just keep clicking this and this and tha-" FUCK THAT SHIT.  If you've got time to babysit a power to that degree, you didn't need it to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later