February Dev's Choice Winners

GM Vayek

• Retired Game Master

Hi everyone!

First of all, as always, I thoroughly enjoy all of the content you guys are creating! We really enjoy playing through all of them and seeing all the creative stories you guys come up with. Having said that, we've selected some more story arcs for Dev's Choice that we really enjoyed!

The author(s) will receive 1,000 Reward Merits and a Golden Title. I will be in contact with you shortly regarding your rewards!

Please keep in mind if you have previously submitted an arc it is still a potential Dev's contender, we have not yet been able to review them all and are working on an active list. We will continue to update you on selected arcs, so check back often!

Any previously awarded "Dev's Choice" arcs, will be moved to "Hall of Fame". After testing the current selection, be sure to filter for these to checkout some other great arcs!

The Warburg Connection

• Arc ID: 34211

• Created by: @Take One

• Number of Missions: 5

• Level Range: 46-52

• Description: "Alan Desslock needs your help to handle some business in Warburg. What at first seems like a normal spying and bloody murder turns out to be something much more personal.”

Dev Review: "If you're into villain-side content, this is a great prequel arc to Arbiter Daos' arc involving the Scorpion Gang. Overall definitely enjoyable!"

The Genesis & Geneticists of the Coming Hamiggedon

• Arc ID: 26387

• Created by: @Ankylosaur

• Number of Missions: 5

• Level Range: 41 - 54

• Description: "Dr. Andros Soineanu's genetics field research team has gone silent while investigating the Devouring Earth for Arachnos. Help him recover them and continue his research for Project Fury: Plant-Hybrids!” 

Dev Review:  "Enjoyable comic book themed story with a strong ending and fun unique characters."

Check out these arcs and let us know what you think! 

Special thank you to all the GMs that help us test out each of these arcs! Your time is incredibly appreciated.

Additionally, if you have any arcs to review for Dev's Choice feel free to message them to @GM Sparky via Forum Message or Discord. You can also post any recommended arcs for us to review here:

Edited by GM Sparky
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Congrats @Ankylosaur  and @Take One  !

Edited by Jiro Ito
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

• Retired Game Master

Due to a clerical error in records (switching from the old system to our new current system), I personally missed that one of the previously announced arcs was a winner in the past. 

I have since corrected that error, and updated our records to avoid that in the future. 

Thank you to those who took notice and informed me. I really do appreciate you all.

• Thumbs Up 3

I replayed my old arc today in honor of this occasion.

It seems like the new Arachnos recruitment program has made a mess of the final mission in that arc.

If a certain Arbiter appears in female disguise, don't mention it. He's very proud of his disguises.

He might get angry if you mention it and randomly attack you, but just try to ignore him.

The faulty arbiter has been replaced.

Due to lack of time no testing has been done to check that this worked.

Have a nice day.

In any case, thanks for selecting my arc!

Edited by Take One
  • Haha 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

13 hours ago, GM Sparky said:

Due to a clerical error in records (switching from the old system to our new current system), I personally missed that one of the previously announced arcs was a winner in the past. 

Thanks for fixing that and for recognizing my Hammiggedon arc!

(It is still missing it's dev's choice badge in AE, and I think got a Hall of fame instead by accident, but I am sure that will be fixed soon too. 🙂 )

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

• Retired Game Master
5 hours ago, Take One said:

It seems like the new Arachnos recruitment program has made a mess of the final mission in that arc.

If a certain Arbiter appears in female disguise, don't mention it. He's very proud of his disguises.

He might get angry if you mention it and randomly attack you, but just try to ignore him.

if you need to make revisions, just go ahead and message me ill re-flag the arc as dev's choice

• Thumbs Up 2

Hear hear! @Take One tells great stories. 

• Thanks 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

On 2/5/2022 at 11:23 AM, Take One said:

The faulty arbiter has been replaced.

Due to lack of time no testing has been done to check that this worked.

Have a nice day.

Test of changes has now been performed.

The results were deemed "adequate".

Thank you for your patience.

• Haha 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Congratulations to the new Dev's Choice arcs! I can't wait to give them a play.

It looks like all the arcs that previously arcs that have gotten Dev's Choice were switched to Hall of Fame for some reason with the last update. Someone was asking why there were only two Dev's Choice and I said that's not true because my arc The Golden Age Secret of the Paragon Society had gotten one and they informed me I had not. I looked and sure enough there are only two Dev's Choice currently.

Please Consider Playing My MArcs:

"The Golden Age Secret of the Paragon Society" #3408  ***November 2021 Dev's Choice!***

"A Very Special Episode" - An abandon TV leads you on a search for a missing kid's TV host. #46562

"Trademark Infringement" Save Paragon City from being sued out of existence. #951