Why only 16 targets?

Galbadine

4 hours ago, arcane said:

Well, not quite true but close. Plant Control can aggro more than Masterminds.

Also, can you comment on how the pets fare in the meteor map with just one MM? I don’t consider it super efficient if you’re talking about the guys loading up 2-3 MM’s. Tons of combos should wipe a meteor in no time, if it’s not solo it’s not particularly special imho.

With 2 mms I can clear the asteroid map in 4 minutes, but my quickest time is with 3 MMs with all 3 of them using Longbow Lore pets, its just below 3 minutes. I would call that pretty efficient personally, but whatever works for you. One MM You can do it just fine, but you need a bit of space to move because you can get overwhelmed. I am curious as to why/if Plant Control can aggro more, can they also defeat them all in a reasonable time as well or is it slow? 

6 minutes ago, Neiska said:

With 2 mms I can clear the asteroid map in 4 minutes, but my quickest time is with 3 MMs with all 3 of them using Longbow Lore pets, its just below 3 minutes. I would call that pretty efficient personally, but whatever works for you. One MM You can do it just fine, but you need a bit of space to move because you can get overwhelmed. I am curious as to why/if Plant Control can aggro more, can they also defeat them all in a reasonable time as well or is it slow? 

One plant dom can clear the meteor in 4-5 minutes solo just fine. It’s definitely as fast as a /fire brute. Creepers aggro things and they greatly outnumber MM pets.

As for doing a run with *2* characters in 4 minutes? I can’t count the number of pairings that should be easily achieving that. It’s a lot.

Edited by arcane

6 minutes ago, arcane said:

One plant dom can clear the meteor in 4-5 minutes solo just fine. It’s definitely as fast as a /fire brute. Creepers aggro things and they greatly outnumber MM pets.

As for doing a run with *2* characters in 4 minutes? I can’t count the number of pairings that should be easily achieving that. It’s a lot.

😆

Plant dominator as fast as a /fire brute?

image.jpeg.65b9ebd420ff151cb2b569b2eb89b027.jpeg

But hey, you do you. But pretty much everyone I've ran with was very impressed, even the sub-farming community. And no, I said just under 3 mins is my best time. And I have to disagree that "a lot" of pairings is capable of that, especially if you take multiboxing into account. Brutes certainly, but not all ATs are as easy to multibox. Moreover, this thread isn't about farming, its about aggro/numbers of targets. My original point still is that MMs can aggro much much more at a time than other ATs, which is something not many people realize. Plus even if plant doms are special in some regard, thats specifically just "plant", not "every" dom such as the case with MMs.

8 minutes ago, Neiska said:

😆

Plant dominator as fast as a /fire brute?

image.jpeg.65b9ebd420ff151cb2b569b2eb89b027.jpeg

But hey, you do you. But pretty much everyone I've ran with was very impressed, even the sub-farming community. And no, I said just under 3 mins is my best time. And I have to disagree that "a lot" of pairings is capable of that, especially if you take multiboxing into account. Brutes certainly, but not all ATs are as easy to multibox. Moreover, this thread isn't about farming, its about aggro/numbers of targets. My original point still is that MMs can aggro much much more at a time than other ATs, which is something not many people realize. Plus even if plant doms are special in some regard, thats specifically just "plant", not "every" dom such as the case with MMs.

Sure. Just saying I don’t think it’s very useful to imply Masterminds are great farmers if the caveat is multi-boxing. There is nothing great about 4 minute meteor runs if multi-boxing. That’s a great solo time, and an average to mediocre duo time. Everyone is impressed by farm speeds when multiple farmers are running; that’s nothing new.

I have at least 9 characters set up for farming with 45% fire defense. The brutes are only the best due to afk-ability. If actively farming, fire blaster and plant dom are just as good, and fire/kin controller lags behind them all a bit. You can say you doubt it but that’s kinda... not very useful either considering it’s just facts.

Edited by arcane

39 minutes ago, arcane said:

Sure. Just saying I don’t think it’s very useful to imply Masterminds are great farmers if the caveat is multi-boxing. There is nothing great about 4 minute meteor runs if multi-boxing. That’s a great solo time, and an average to mediocre duo time. Everyone is impressed by farm speeds when multiple farmers are running; that’s nothing new.

I have at least 9 characters set up for farming with 45% fire defense. The brutes are only the best due to afk-ability. If actively farming, fire blaster and plant dom are just as good, and fire/kin controller lags behind them all a bit. You can say you doubt it but that’s kinda... not very useful either considering it’s just facts.

A few thoughts,

The first, with respect, I am not jerking your chain here. You are a respected voice on the forums. But I am curious as to why only your "conditions" count for what is good, or what is bad, and not anyone else's? I mean, you say in one breath "doesn't count if its multiboxed" to "but if being actively played," I mean, why does your stipulations count but not others on measurement here? I mean, we could also say "only builds with 200k or less inf spent" or "only X enemies" or "only x maps", and we are in a since, arguing semantics here?

And personally I sort of cringe at those sorts of arguments, because it leads to the sort of thinking that "if something isn't good, then it is bad" or "if it isn't kiss-your-elbow the top 2% meta, then its utter trash" which I hope we both agree isn't what CoH is about at all. 

My original point wasn't in regards to farming at all, but as i said before, aggro tables. With 48 possible targets (in theory), then it's possible for a MM to pop barrier, run through a map, with pets on passive, aggoring everything, and bringing them all back to the team and having them blast them all down like the times of yore. Some people still want that playstyle. True, it might not be an entire map or 100+ mobs at a time, but its something more than 16. But again in theory, with 2-3 MMs (or even plant domis as you inferred) its still possible to enjoy "en-masse" style of play.

Also, here is a video of my farming, if you were wondering - 

You may not like MMs, and that's perfectly fine! I have played Plant controllers and dominators, and they weren't my cup of tea. (not the powersets, the classes themselves.) And I find it kind of sus that a single actively played Plant Domi can match the time of a single actively played Fire Brute. (My best brute wasn't even a /fire brute, my personal best is actually my Savage/Bio brute)

Again, not meant as any sort of personal insult or anything, just respectfully disagree on that, particularly since I have both played a plant Domi myself and have yet to even see a plant Domi farmer of any kind. I am not saying they don't exist, or aren't valid, or good, only that I have not see one or heard them touted before as good farmers.

But to underline my point, to the OP here - There are ways to engage more than 16 targets at a time. Masterminds are capable of it, and apparently so are Plant Domi's.