Force Bolt KB Not Enhancing

arxl

I have Force Feedback enhancing my Force Bolt, as you can see there is a part showing it is enhancing it to 40. However, looking into detailed info in two other locations shows the KB is unchanged. Testing on enemies with and without the set seems to not change KB distance, so i can tell nothing is happening regarding the KB portion being enhanced.

346902129_forcebolt2.png.65f6f4ad320f1b22465e94e0c3e878e8.png1862581331_forcebolt.thumb.png.87df19cee0f3322146318634e6350a99.png

I checked my /FF MM when the OP brought this up on help chan and saw the same issue.  I have Force Feedback slotted such that KB is enhanced 166.6% and should be > Mag 34.75 according to Mids.  (I say > because in Mids I'm slotted to 133% kb enhancement and it shows Mag 34.75, so higher enh should give higher kb)

Higher mag kb is indeed supposed to increase distance.

See https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Knockback

Specifically:

"Increasing knockback increases both the magnitude of KB and the resultant distance thrown."

My screeny:

image.thumb.png.4b622ee45bfcd5cdf42be33cb4e43721.png

14.96 is the unenhanced value:

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=mastermind_buff.force_field.force_bolt&at=mastermind

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Six-Six said:

I don't think you can enhance KB distance. KB Magnitude refers to how likely they are to be knocked back, not how far

Magnitude determines the final effect of the KB.  Magnitude below 0.75 equates to knockdown, above equates to knockback, with increased magnitude resulting in greater distance.

You're confusing "Chance to knock back/down" with magnitude.  The "Chance to" flag is independent of and distinct from magnitude.

• Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I don't know if there's a way to empirically test this, but I would not be surprised if the behind-the-scenes changes to the way knock* works ended up affecting the way enhancements interact with distance.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube