801 Blaster

KaizenSoze

@Linea Created a incredible set of AE missions that test the limits of tanks primary, but any AT could use them to test the extreme limits of their builds.

Has anybody run these with their blasters? I know Linea has an water/rad blaster build I would love to see.

• Like 2

This is the build I used to solo 801.2, once and only once and never again, at +4x8.  I rate the build +1x8  instead.   It's a standard Rune/Hybrid/Rune/Demonic/Kitchen Sink build.    I used it to lead well over 500 teams in 801.2.   You do NOT Leroy, you have to use strategy and tactics and limit things to one spawn at a time.  If it gets ugly, use your candy, pull out all your T9s and pray.  Ability to alpha and take out most of the spawn, using judgement -damage at the same time, can be very powerful.   You're cutting incoming damage by 2/3, and then halving what's left for the next 30 seconds.   If your behind your T9s at the same time for the next 60 to 180 seconds ... and so on.  But if you just Leroy into a room, you'll be dead before you can fire the first volley.

However, it is an old i25 build, so I'm sure there is room for improvement with the changes made since.

Water Atomic - Ciaraine 2b - [i25].mxd

Edited by Linea
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

can also attest to the potential "tankiness" of Water/Atom, & agree with how powerful (& wildly under used) Void Radial is.

initially i built /Mace (as was the meta of 2014) & landed similarly in durability to Linea's posted build (slightly more Def to N & positionals, Res to SLEN, HP & Regen) ...but with lower dmg output due to no Hasten (i know, i know! had to have CJ for melee mobility & -Immob) & half the slots in Tidal/Ion. didn't jump into the deep end with it (not aware if 801 existed then), and hadn't actually played the sets before doin the build... but as Blasters typically are, loads of fun & power at EX'd down gameplay, just surprised me what it could handle. the only part that kinda let me down, was if/when an attack snuck through, it hurt pretty bad. esp late game.

eventually changed to /Mu & moved a bunch of stuff around, including gettin Rune at 22, which was incredible when stacked on all the +Res. new build did lower Def between .4-3.2% below softcap (actually picked up more N, & B.Decay still covers more than the gap), lost a small bit of HP/Regen, & ToHit/Rech (which wasn't too bad due to B.Decay, again). but the durability... sweet baby science... better at ALL levels, esp later, due to the SLE Res. char just did things it really shouldn't, esp if you're prepared & watchin your timers as Lin notes.

went all-in towards tankiness, but i'm sure that's not for everybody, & know some peeps will believe you've destroyed the meaning of the AT.
;D

no time to build or play lately, but new /Earth sounds like it could be good too?

• Thumbs Up 1

dark/ta/mace

I consider this build 4x8 801.2 certified. I still need to complete the whole mission, but I cleared the first few rooms w/o a death.

7:30 Trapdoor time.

I have a design question. I have lots of AOE, so Tenebrous Tentacles is there to pin mobs on top of oil slice. Otherwise, I am not in love with it's short range and narrow cone.

I am thinking about swapping out TT for Abyssal Gaze. I can slot and Entomb set for more defense and an nice absorb proc.

v1 w/o Abyssal Gaze

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast
Secondary Power Set: Tactical Arrow
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gloom -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Electrified Net Arrow -- GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A)
Level 2: Glue Arrow -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(46), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 4: Umbral Torrent -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(11), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(11), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(15)
Level 6: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(15), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), StnoftheM-Dam%(19)
Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 12: Tenebrous Tentacles -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(23), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(23), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25)
Level 14: Upshot -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 16: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(27), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(27), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(29), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), CldSns-%Dam(31)
Level 18: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A)
Level 20: Eagle Eye -- EndMod-I(A), Prv-Absorb%(25), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(31), PrfShf-End%(31), PrfShf-EndMod(33)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 24: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 26: Life Drain -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), TchoftheN-Heal(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(36), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(36)
Level 28: Gymnastics -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 32: Blackstar -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(39)
Level 35: ESD Arrow -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(42)
Level 38: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(45)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48), GldArm-End/Res(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 18: Speed Phase
------------

v2 with Abyssal Gaze

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast
Secondary Power Set: Tactical Arrow
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gloom -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Electrified Net Arrow -- GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A)
Level 2: Glue Arrow -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(46), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 4: Umbral Torrent -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(11), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(11), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(15)
Level 6: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(15), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(17), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), StnoftheM-Dam%(19)
Level 10: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 12: Upshot -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(21)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A)
Level 16: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(27), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(27), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(29), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), CldSns-%Dam(31)
Level 18: Abyssal Gaze -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(21), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(23), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(23), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(25)
Level 20: Eagle Eye -- EndMod-I(A), Prv-Absorb%(25), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(31), PrfShf-End%(31), PrfShf-EndMod(33)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 24: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 26: Life Drain -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), TchoftheN-Heal(36), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(36)
Level 28: Gymnastics -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 32: Blackstar -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(39)
Level 35: ESD Arrow -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(40), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(42), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(42)
Level 38: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(45)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48), GldArm-End/Res(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 18: Speed Phase
------------