What is the best mob in game?

GM Xellx

The Vahzilok are pretty beefy for the level you get to face them at. They're a significant step up in faction variety and complexity compared to the dyne-slinging street gangs you've been butting heads with up to that point. I like them for that, they make me feel like I'm taking my first step into serious heroics.

But dang those crossbows hit pretty hard sometimes.

They also have some pretty awesome designs going on- and Dr Vahzilok himself is a true nightmare creature, design wise.

I ran some radio missions against them today and had forgotten about Abominations, who show up sometime around... level 15? Bigger, tougher zombies is such a simple progression but it makes perfect sense for the faction and makes you feel that, oh no, they've rolled out something new. I also like that regular embalmed zombies keep showing up but are at a few levels below the rest. They're just a cheap distraction while the new model of zombie does the real work. Very characterful.

To this day I still don't know what the difference between Diseased and regular Abominations is, though.

• 2 weeks later

The high level Tsoo (in incarnate DA arcs) are super awesome. Even the low level ones have a huge variety in the bosses (looks and powerwise) but the new ones are just awesome. Cool names, awesome looks, nice, and challenging combos of power sets..but not overly BS (like for instance teh Drudges in first ward, that basically all summon pets and span -acc powers, and use aoe mezs like crazy).

I love the Paragon Protectors. They're widely varied and challenging without being too much. Longbow Wardens are very similar. I have a lot of respect for mobs that represent a serious threat to almost any player.

However, my favorite foes are Freak Tanks. They look so look big and menacing and I find their speech hilarious.

I have much love for many mobs.

* The entirety of Croatoa.  All of it.  Every single group in that zone.

* Cimemorans, simply because I've done the ITF enough times to appreciate the "hey, they're kind of tough" crunch that they have.

* Malta because of the fluff, enough so that I want to see an alternate world where they got what they wanted.  They more or less pre-dated the pro-Registration side in the Marvel Civil War.

* Pretty much any enemy group where when the fight starts it looks like the world is ending five different ways.

* Honorable mention to Rikti monkeys, because I hit 50 on one of my villains by throwing up on them.

But overall my favorite one is the one that's directly in front of me.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

Ah to be young and ignorant again.

"What's a Sapper?" ~ Everyone in CoH at some point, then they learn.

I became quite adept at dealing with those little sods. Super speed in and then so much knock down from battle axe they couldn't do a thing.