What do you guys think of Trick Arrow?

SirJeal

On 7/15/2020 at 11:07 AM, roleki said:

For a community of people so obsessed with soft-capping defense, it's weird to see everyone wave off -ToHit so casually.  Sure it's resistible, but in sane situations it will always be above the 3% you get from the Steadfast/GladArmor uniques that everyone finds room for in their build.

Flash Arrow is unresistable.  It exceeds every other single power ToHit debuff in AV fights.  RI plus Fallout works out to 1.1% more -ToHit with both powers maximally slotted for -ToHit, but Flash Arrow doesn't need a defeated teammate to work.  For solo play, it's X% Defense one doesn't have to build for in IO set bonuses, and while it's not as strong as RI, Fearsome Stare or Hurricane, it also has no toggle cost, Accuracy check or long recharge time, so "good" depends on one's perspective.  I agree with you, anyone who skips Flash Arrow is making a mistake.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

20 hours ago, parabola said:

I've had a lot of fun with a ta/dark offender

My main on the original servers.  I've remade her here, going to start leveling her soon.  Really looking forward to getting back to the "all AoE, all of the time" style of play that TA/Dark does so well.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Flash Arrow is unresistable.  It exceeds every other single power ToHit debuff in AV fights.  RI plus Fallout works out to 1.1% more -ToHit with both powers maximally slotted for -ToHit, but Flash Arrow doesn't need a defeated teammate to work.  For solo play, it's X% Defense one doesn't have to build for in IO set bonuses, and while it's not as strong as RI, Fearsome Stare or Hurricane, it also has no toggle cost, Accuracy check or long recharge time, so "good" depends on one's perspective.  I agree with you, anyone who skips Flash Arrow is making a mistake.

I was speaking more in terms of -ToHit in general, but was not aware that FA's -ToHit bypasses resistance.  It's even better than I thought.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

18 hours ago, roleki said:

I was speaking more in terms of -ToHit in general, but was not aware that FA's -ToHit bypasses resistance.  It's even better than I thought.

Not really. It's slightly better in 1% of your playtime. The rest of the mission it's pathetic. TA still needs a huge boost.