Mace Mastery? What do you use it for?

Yomo Kimyata

As others said, it's mostly for Scorpion Shield for me, though Shatter armor was part of my Bane SoA for a while. I just got a bit miffed that the animation comes out a bit bugged if you run it back to back with Bane's Shatter, often resulting in pulling out a invisible mace after using my main mace. I do use the mass immobilize Web Grenade on my Merc/TA Mastermind with the stun proc but I don't feel it's super mentionable as anything special as the stuns don't happen that much or last long. ( still a nice power in a mess of controls (in a good way) those two sets have)

On 2/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out why I would take Mace Mastery.  I get Scorpion Shield.  It's a defense shield, as opposed to a resistance shield.  But other than that, why is my character better off pulling out an Arachnos Mace?

Wait, are you telling me there are other powers in that Patron Pool other than Scorpion Shield? Huh, who knew.

• Haha 1

Scorpion Shield is pretty much the best defense shield in the game.  It grants defense against the 3 most common damage types and resists against a type that's otherwise hard to get any kind of protection from.  It also has some of the least obtrusive VFX if you value your costume design at all.

The fact that the rest of the pool is either ugly or garbage simply gives you some build room to work with.

• Like 1