Best way to slot willpower

liammcder

It can very widely depending on which power sets you go with, however; yes, those are both very important.  Willpower runs a lot of toggles and you'll (well, at least, I do) want all of them, so recovery is a big consideration- especially since you'll suffer from lack of

endurance reduction resistance (energy sappers hurt even more than usual).

Edited by Cancrusher

Willpower is a layered mitigation set so you have multiple goals based on damage type. 

Overall you are looking at typed mitigation versus positional. 

• S/L damage: goal should be to cap s/l resists.  You will have some defense for s/l, but getting to softcap may be difficult. The set leans toward resistance for s/l.
  • E/N/F/C - Shoot to get softcap defense as you already have a good start on it. You will also have some resists, but not as much as S/L. 
  • Psi - You will have some defense and some resist for psi. I’m able to get pretty decent psi resist with wp.
  • Toxic - build up resists where you can.  Not usually a high priority for my builds. More of a byproduct of chasing other things. 

I fully slot out rise to the challenge and end up slotting fast healing as well (mostly for set bonuses). Rise to the challenge is going to give you the mass majority of your Regen. I don’t chase Regen/recovery bonuses. You get enough with the powers and the usual procs. 

• Like 2

In addition to the above, look for +hp. In addition to allowing you to take more damage, it also increases your regeneration. Other than using it as a mule for the +def uniques, High Pain Tolerance should be slotted with 2 heal IOs to maximize the +hp. You also want the Unbreakable Guard +hp unique and the +hp accolades. You can pick up more from the random +hp bonuses included in many sets.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller