Previous Dev's Choices have been converted to Hall of Fame

WrongNumber

It looks like all the arcs that previously arcs that have gotten Dev's Choice were switched to Hall of Fame for some reason with the last update. Someone was asking why there were only two Dev's Choice and I said that's not true because my arc The Golden Age Secret of the Paragon Society had gotten one and they informed me it had not. I looked and sure enough there are only two Dev's Choice currently and my arc as well as the others were changed to Hall of Fame. I'm assuming this is a mistake?

Please Consider Playing My MArcs:

"The Golden Age Secret of the Paragon Society" #3408  ***November 2021 Dev's Choice!***

"A Very Special Episode" - An abandon TV leads you on a search for a missing kid's TV host. #46562

"Trademark Infringement" Save Paragon City from being sued out of existence. #951

No, that's supposed to happen. It's just that sometimes the Devs leave it longer than a month to change over. Sometimes less! But it is supposed to be two or occasionally three new Dev Choices every month with the previous ones moving to Hall of Fame.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

15 minutes ago, Darmian said:

No, that's supposed to happen. It's just that sometimes the Devs leave it longer than a month to change over. Sometimes less! But it is supposed to be two or occasionally three new Dev Choices every month with the previous ones moving to Hall of Fame.

That's news to me as Hall of Fame used to be for arcs with 1000 plus plays. I think it is not a very good change because of all of the farms do easily reach 1000+ and the previous DC arcs get lost in the sea of them. 

"The Golden Age Secret of the Paragon Society" #3408  ***November 2021 Dev's Choice!***

"A Very Special Episode" - An abandon TV leads you on a search for a missing kid's TV host. #46562

"Trademark Infringement" Save Paragon City from being sued out of existence. #951

Hall of Fame had two ways in, one was the 1000+ plays and the other was being nominated to that position from Dev's Choice. Admittedly I'd prefer us staying in Dev's Choice because it gives us more visibility to players than fighting against farms that will always have more plays on them, because farms.

• Like 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

5 hours ago, Darmian said:

Hall of Fame had two ways in, one was the 1000+ plays and the other was being nominated to that position from Dev's Choice. Admittedly I'd prefer us staying in Dev's Choice because it gives us more visibility to players than fighting against farms that will always have more plays on them, because farms.

I'd swear on live once an arc was Dev's Choice it always stayed that way which makes a lot more sense to me especially since farms overrun HoF as you mentioned. I will have to look through my old screenshots and see if I can find one of a page of Dev's Choice. 

Wonder if perhaps they can take away the HoF designation for plays? Esp. since the AE was always intended for, you know, actual mission scripting, rather than a slogfest grind?

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

16 hours ago, cranebump said:

Wonder if perhaps they can take away the HoF designation for plays? Esp. since the AE was always intended for, you know, actual mission scripting, rather than a slogfest grind?

... That can't be right.  Are you sure???

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

... That can't be right.  Are you sure???

No...no, I'm not...:-)

• Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 2/15/2022 at 9:09 AM, cranebump said:

Wonder if perhaps they can take away the HoF designation for plays? 

Signed for this.  It looks like using the Dev's Choice award just for the current winners pulls them up to the top of the list, which is great, but previous winners all get buried with the farms.

• Thumbs Up 2

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

If memory serves (and it might not) I think everything used to stay listed as Dev's choice, like @WrongNumber said.

But I think the challenge was that the new Dev's Choice's of the month were not elevated to the top of the list. As that list grew longer they were not even on the first page, so in an effort to "feature" the latest, everything that was Dev's choice previously got moved to Hall of Fame. 

An interesting side note to this - presuming the above is right - is that because of it one of mine was given a Dev's choice for a second time since there was no indicator anywhere (except my sig?) that it had won previously. (I asked them to remove it of course to get some new ones out there.)

I suspect that the Hall of Fame for farming is not how it was originally intended, but I suspect farmers like to know which ones are the most popular too.

Edited by Ankylosaur

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

In fact, here's a screenshot from Oct - none of mine were HoF, except the one that won that month, all others were Dev's choice.

I think I took this because it may have been a change too? I think this was the first pass at trying to "feature" the latest Dev's Choice - giving it both HoF and Dev's choice...

devchoice.png

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc