Corr to play with my son's Titan Tank...??? Father Son Duo Time

ATM Machine

7 hours ago, Nemu said:

Defenders get less attack options early game, and there is also an urge to take all the "good stuff" since defenders get them earlier, so you are stuck with more a support role. Depending on your own definition of fun it may or may not be your cup of tea.

Corruptors get more attack options, and even with electrical affinity as a secondary you get most of your core support powers by level 20, which includes a heal at level 2, an end refill at level 10, a (complete including knockback) status protection/resist bubble at level 16, and a recharge/acc buff at level 20. That's 5 core powers from your secondary by level 20 which leaves you plenty of room to fit in attacks and a few pool powers. Like I said, electrical affinity is going to offer you the smoothest leveling progression and also offer your duo buffs that address some of the biggest challenges that lowbies have to deal with such as poor endurance management, low acc, not fully matured armors, recharge, status protection, etc...

While electric affinity isn't the offensive powerhouse like Kin (and kin's overrated if you are on a fast meta where mobs get blown to bits before you can pull off a saturated Fulcrum, or when you are fighting a single target like an AV or a GM), or a debuff juggernaut like poison, it does do one thing exceptionally well and better than any other support set - keep the team alive. Later in the game you will also get a fast recharging team absorb shield and between that, the heal, and Faraday cage you can keep the team topped off unless the team does something monumentally stupid.

Regardless of whether you choose defender or corruptor, I stand by my recommendation of electrical affinity, pair it with radiation blast so you both can enjoying hitting stuff more consistently. If your son likes more flashy stuff on the screen then dual pistols is also a good choice (although that might make him want to play dual pistols instead of just smashing with his tank, so nevermind, pick a boring, not flashing primary like rad blast.)

Even though you said no IOs I'm going to recommend a few attuned IOs that will improve you and your son's quality of life at a low slot investment, you can purchase attuned enhancements from the auction house or attune crafted enhancements using enhancement catalysts once your hit 50 and you get catalysts as drops. They have a minimum level requirement to be slotted in and it differs per IO, but they remain effective and some scale in effect as you level up or exemp down.

Kismet - Accuracy, can be slotted at level 7 in any defense power (unique) (I usually take combat jumping by level 6 so this gets slotted in once I hit level 7)

Panacea +hp +end - can be slotted at level 7, put it in health (unique)

Performance Shifter +end - can be slotted at level 17, put it in stamina

Force feedback chance for recharge - can be slotted in any power that does knockback, this is for titan weapons. Put it in titan sweep, whirling smash, and arc of destruction. slottable at

level 17

Luck of the gambler 7.5 - this one everyone knows. slottable in any defense power at level 22

Luxury early game IOs that won't have as big an impact but still nice to haves:

Achilles Heel Chance for resistance debuff - can be slotted in any of the rad blast attacks or powers that debuff defense, I recommend just one in proton volley, because extra procs don't stack. Slottable at level 7

Fury of the gladiator chance for resistance debuff - can be slotted in PBAoEs like irradiate. Slottable at level 7 (unique)

Annihilation chance for resistance debuff - can be slotted in targetted AoEs like electron haze or neutron bomb, most people skip electron haze. Slottable at level 17

Any of the following damage procs that you can slot prior to level 20 - they can raise your damage (sometimes significantly) at low levels, at the cost of consistency. Procs are not autohit so make sure you have enough accuracy to hit the target though (or enemies have their defense debuffed so they are easier to hit, that's why radiation blast). There are a lot of options, so I'm just going to list the set and minimum slottable level
All the starter damage procs available from the P2W vendor for free - these are good until level 21, then they stop working.

Eradication - level 7

Touch of lady grey - level 17

explosive strike - level 7

Gladiator's javelin - level 7

Gladiator's strike - level 7

Shield breaker - level 7

Scirroco's dervish - level 17

If you take electron haze for the early game then

Positron's blast - level 17

Javelin volley - level 7

Some of these are more expensive than others, but you have a wealth of choices if you want to splurge a little.

I always though about this Nemu: what Defender would be best at just keeping an 8 man team ALIVE. Maybe not the best solo Defender, but one that really shines in teams.

One that stood out to me was Ice/Thermal. I just felt like it was a really well rounded combination. Elec/Elec seems like it would be right up there too. Cool thing is, I feel like Elec/Elec could work equally as well as a Hover Defender, dropping Farady Cage and zooming around, or on the ground running in with the team.

On 2/26/2022 at 2:13 PM, StriderIV said:

I always though about this Nemu: what Defender would be best at just keeping an 8 man team ALIVE. Maybe not the best solo Defender, but one that really shines in teams.

Given the 8 man criteria, a Controller might also be considered.  My Ice/Emp, on Live with just SOs, was a boon to any team...obviously back when teamwork mattered 😆

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

2 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

Given the 8 man criteria, a Controller might also be considered.  My Ice/Emp, on Live with just SOs, was a boon to any team...obviously back when teamwork mattered 😆

I could see you actively having to TRY and face plant with that combo controller on your squad 😂

The Elec/Elec corruptor is going very well. It is rather fun to play and supports nicely while still throwing down a good amount of damage. To make it more interesting, my son rerolled as a Staff/Elec scrapper and my daughter decided to join as a Ice/Ice blaster. Both very newb. Now my son is worried he doesn't get to kill enough stuff because we kill things so fast. We are only level 12. Best intentions and you can't please everyone. Thanks again.

Cheers

21 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

Back when teamwork mattered... exactly.  Give me a diverse four person team set to x8 and I will have a blast. 8 on 8 is just carnage with everyone being soft capped across the board with tons of recharge/recovery/regen, it has lost some of the games fun for me.

On 2/21/2022 at 8:15 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

Ice/dark/dark.

You lay down tarpatch slowing them down and debuffing their resistance, he holds agro in the middle and swings his sword. You get team stealth, and darkest night/fearsome stare to really Debuff their tohit. And you have buildup ice storm/blizzard which really shine with scourge. You also get -Regen in the heal and aoe to soften up AV's if you two are doing anything hard.

The /dark allows you to take oppressive gloom chain stunning minions, and potential for Perma drain soul should you actually IO it at some point.

It's an amazing combo

I could definitely see the Ice/Dark synergy. I’m just trying to figure out a thematic 😂😂😂 could you play this as a hover Corruptor? Do you have a build to share?

I’ve been looking for a hero that could solo AV’s/GM’s, as well as be great in small groups.

2 hours ago, StriderIV said:

I could definitely see the Ice/Dark synergy. I’m just trying to figure out a thematic 😂😂😂 could you play this as a hover Corruptor? Do you have a build to share?

I’ve been looking for a hero that could solo AV’s/GM’s, as well as be great in small groups.

Its possible to play with hover, however I prefer leaping myself. Teleport with foldspace could be interesting but I've never tried it, I'd be curious to know if someone has had great success with it on an ice/dark.

• Like 1