Batman Unburied

Batman Unburied:  has anyone else heard about this?  I just learned of it.  I gather it was released last year as a Spotify podcast audio drama.

The cast is impressive, and is headed by Winston Duke as Bruce Wayne, which I think (?) makes him the first black Batman. Jason Isaacs as Alfred, I hear Riddler's in the house (though I don't know who is voicing him), and there's a new villain: the Harvester, voiced by Sam Witwer (voice of Darth Maul and Starkiller in Star Wars lore).  

Anyone listened to it and can give a review?

It's not showing up in Spotify searches and wikipedia still has it 'to be released in 2021'. Maybe not actually out yet?

I listened to the first two Batman Audio Adventures on there, which were ok. Evidently all eps are available on HBOMax. It isn't great so far, but entertaining enough while doing something in another window. Definitely better than the two Wolverine podcasts ported over from Stitcher.

On 2/21/2022 at 2:10 PM, Mr. Vee said:

It's not showing up in Spotify searches and wikipedia still has it 'to be released in 2021'. Maybe not actually out yet?

I listened to the first two Batman Audio Adventures on there, which were ok. Evidently all eps are available on HBOMax. It isn't great so far, but entertaining enough while doing something in another window. Definitely better than the two Wolverine podcasts ported over from Stitcher.

Hmm, interesting.  I wonder what's happened.  I've gone back and looked at articles written about it, and it looks like they were still announcing casting back in mid-October 2021.  That pushes it back far enough that I'm wondering if they're holding off until after the release of The Batman, either to not get lost in the rage of interest surrounding the movie, or to ride its coat tails when the movie attendance begins to wayne, er, wane.

• Haha 1