The lvl 41 Clockwork King AV challenge for Controllers

LynxNordique

Interesting. Following that post, I tried again with my Dark/Dark/Psi that is now 50 and all IOed out (some purple sets too). In her case, I focused on Recovery, +recharge and various damage resistance (but doesn't have tough and weave). She is maxed out on Psi damage resistance, around 55% on S/L resistance and has at least 25% on the rest of the damage types (except Toxic, which is 15%). She does have some damage Proc, but not that many. Exemp to 45 and all Incarnate deactivated, the fight lasted 4 minutes 20 sec. She also used only one blue because Soul absorption missed once. I don't think any of the pet took any significant damages. So basically the same time as @Dungeoness, plus or less 10 seconds.  

These Dark/Dark are really great. 

Edited by LynxNordique

On 3/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, Dungeoness said:

It's unfortunately impossible at this time to easily track uptimes of debuff procs with the parser, like the chance for -Res from Annihilation

Yeah, that's on the list 😃

Things like most Mez was easy, because they all log very similarly, something like "You (Mez) (target) with your (power) so one parse function. Bonus damage, like crits, scourge and Shocked also all parse the same so one code change sorted them all (of course containment has to be the odd one out, it just shows as another line of damage).

Debuffs are a bit harder but they're next (unless I get distracted by a nice table for Drops and Inf for the farmers and looters)

Controller pets in general are surprisingly good in terms of damage. Often surprised by how well they parse out, even on x8 Council runs to test things (where you'd assume AoE is king).

Edited by Carnifax

So, ran a mostly SOs test with a Mind/Dark... no dice. More effective overall, but at the rate I was going, it would've taken an hour to beat him.

I wonder how much of this is due to CK's Psi resistance. Mesmerize and Dominate were doing a paltry 25 damage each, so I feel like an AV without that extra res would be a bit easier.

Next step is to IO/Proc out the build, see if that improves things.

17 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Yeah, that's on the list 😃

Things like most Mez was easy, because they all log very similarly, something like "You (Mez) (target) with your (power) so one parse function. Bonus damage, like crits, scourge and Shocked also all parse the same so one code change sorted them all (of course containment has to be the odd one out, it just shows as another line of damage).

Hey @Carnifax, don't wanna derail this thread too much with parser stuff, but I was wondering about the mez tracking. The parser says I successfully landed Dark Grasp 17 times, which is my ST hold. Surely most of those just did their damage and procs, without actually applying the mez part itself, as he is an AV after all? With every successful activation of any of my or my pets' holds, the log always says "You hold Clockwork King with your (Dark Grasp/Petrifying Gaze/Seismic Smash) etc.". Am I right in assuming that the log doesn't differentiate between what we'd consider noticeable applications of a mez and just a power hitting and not missing?

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

3 hours ago, Dungeoness said:

Hey @Carnifax, don't wanna derail this thread too much with parser stuff, but I was wondering about the mez tracking. The parser says I successfully landed Dark Grasp 17 times, which is my ST hold. Surely most of those just did their damage and procs, without actually applying the mez part itself, as he is an AV after all? With every successful activation of any of my or my pets' holds, the log always says "You hold Clockwork King with your (Dark Grasp/Petrifying Gaze/Seismic Smash) etc.". Am I right in assuming that the log doesn't differentiate between what we'd consider noticeable applications of a mez and just a power hitting and not missing?

Yes, when you see

2022-03-26 17:19:17 You Hold Clockwork King with your Blind.

It just means you've stacked Hold magnitude onto them. Doesn't tell you if they are Held or not (because that's to do with them and their mez protection). Generally if you hit with a Hold you'll see one of these. Exception would be something like Shadow Field or Times bubble where it's a chance to apply the hold, they'll pop up sporadically then. (Hmmm. I wonder if I'm logging Dominates and Overpowers at all actuallty : *throws onto the ever-growing ToDo* )

Just run this ingame with Carni, Ill/Dark via Ouro as +0x8 level 45 with all Incarnates switched off. Combat time was 319 seconds (so 5 mins 19) plus 3 mins me flying about the place and getting lost (https://www.carnifax.org/?uuid=19ec89e6-e2b6-49e8-a11e-298c0da65100, last CombatLog session). She's fully built though. For a fight like this the Mace pet would be way more useful than the AOE blast. Got away with no need for Insps, Soul Drain thingy was just enough to keep the blue bar up (had one toggle drop but recovered).

Also the parser was slightly borked handling pets with heals and End drain and throwing errors. Just updated it now so things like Dark Servants and Lightning Storms no longer throw errors and block parsing. Sorry to anyone who slammed into this (there was at least one Stormie. I'm sorry 🙂 )

Error on 188 : 2022-03-24 17:28:12 Lightning Storm:  You hit Clockwork King with your Lightning for 10.36 points of their endurance.
Error on 188 : 2022-03-24 17:28:12 Lightning Storm:  You hit Clockwork King with your Lightning for 10.36 points of their endurance.
Error on 202 : 2022-03-24 15:05:20 Lightning Storm:  You hit Gewehr Jaeger with your Lightning for 10.62 points of their endurance.

Edit : In case anyone was wondering "So how much Psi damage does the Clockwork King resist" the Average Damage per Hit column is useful here

Here's a typical set of Damage and Average Damage per hit (Bound Soul is my Phantasm)

image.thumb.png.82e21fd127e2589d101a67ab7ef31288.png

Here's vs the Clockwork King, Phantasm is still okay. Pure psi damage of the PAs really suffers (this is also with Tar Patch and Achilles loaded Poison Ray spam)

image.thumb.png.3bcc3a0f36350e16d84f16a3b9449ea7.png

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1

Well. Surprise! Ice Control can Solo Archvillains (if paired with the right secondary). And its better than I expected. I soloed a bit with it at first, to see how it was doing. The damage was not great. It gave me the impression that earth is better, and it is far behind Darkness, Illusion and Gravity. But one thing I noticed: Jack Frost is more resilient than I anticipated. He is one of the few Controller pets I have seen survive the whole 30 minutes of a Rikti Mothership raid, (sidekick at level 49).  

Here’s the fight Summary:

Ice/Dark

This is, again, a mostly SO build, with 2 LotG proc and 1 miracle proc. Since lots of Ice control powers are not great, the toon was able to have 3 recharges in Howling twilight, Soul absorption (this power was 6 slotted) and fade (along with a defense SO). She has 3 recharges in Hasten and 3 end mod in Stamina. She defeated the King on the first try in 11 minutes 55 seconds. It’s, again, faster than I anticipated. She ate one purple at the start of the fight, for the opening, and 11 blues. The end was not better nor worst than other combos. The fight was super safe. Jack only took one hit that brought him down to half of his health bar and the Dark servant nearly died once. Jack was keeping the AV’s attention the whole fight. I was able to keep the AV’s immobilize half the fight, to set up containment. Funny fact: on the Ice control side, I only used 3 powers the whole fight. Jack Frost, Block of Ice and Frostbite. That’s it. The rest were Darkness affinity debuffs and buffs.   

• Like 1

Doesn't Ice Slick do KD on him which would make it even safer? I know Clockwork can be weird with KD being KB.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I didn't use Ice slick during the fight because of end management. I went back via the Ouro to try both Ice Slick and Artic Air. Ice slick has not effect on the King, other than the run speed. I tried also Artic Air. The CWK was never confused. I suspect that this power needs to be well slotted with confuse (like between 66% and 100%) to be able to confuse an AV. It is probably worth trying with a level 50 Ice controller fully IOed out.    

23 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Yes, when you see

2022-03-26 17:19:17 You Hold Clockwork King with your Blind.

It just means you've stacked Hold magnitude onto them. Doesn't tell you if they are Held or not (because that's to do with them and their mez protection). Generally if you hit with a Hold you'll see one of these. Exception would be something like Shadow Field or Times bubble where it's a chance to apply the hold, they'll pop up sporadically then. (Hmmm. I wonder if I'm logging Dominates and Overpowers at all actuallty : *throws onto the ever-growing ToDo* )

Just run this ingame with Carni, Ill/Dark via Ouro as +0x8 level 45 with all Incarnates switched off. Combat time was 319 seconds (so 5 mins 19) plus 3 mins me flying about the place and getting lost (https://www.carnifax.org/?uuid=19ec89e6-e2b6-49e8-a11e-298c0da65100, last CombatLog session). She's fully built though. For a fight like this the Mace pet would be way more useful than the AOE blast. Got away with no need for Insps, Soul Drain thingy was just enough to keep the blue bar up (had one toggle drop but recovered).

Also the parser was slightly borked handling pets with heals and End drain and throwing errors. Just updated it now so things like Dark Servants and Lightning Storms no longer throw errors and block parsing. Sorry to anyone who slammed into this (there was at least one Stormie. I'm sorry 🙂 )

Error on 202 : 2022-03-24 15:05:20 Lightning Storm:  You hit Gewehr Jaeger with your Lightning for 10.62 points of their endurance.

Edit : In case anyone was wondering "So how much Psi damage does the Clockwork King resist" the Average Damage per Hit column is useful here

Here's a typical set of Damage and Average Damage per hit (Bound Soul is my Phantasm)

image.thumb.png.82e21fd127e2589d101a67ab7ef31288.png

Here's vs the Clockwork King, Phantasm is still okay. Pure psi damage of the PAs really suffers (this is also with Tar Patch and Achilles loaded Poison Ray spam)

image.thumb.png.3bcc3a0f36350e16d84f16a3b9449ea7.png

Yeah, I suspected that, considering my Illusion/dark gave me one of my worst King defeat time at level 41 (despite providing a super safe fight). However, only my Illusion controllers were able to defeat Marauder as an AV at level 41 or 42 in the third to last Macintyre Arc, without kissing the ground. They can damage him pretty good, even when he hits unstoppable.

At least, the Phantasm does compensate a bit against the CWK.

21 hours ago, LynxNordique said:

I tried also Artic Air. The CWK was never confused. I suspect that this power needs to be well slotted with confuse (like between 66% and 100%) to be able to confuse an AV.

No amount of slotting will confuse an AV (or a boss) with Arctic Air alone. Each tick has a 30% chance of a mag 3 confuse, and slotting increases the duration, not the magnitude. Since the ticks don't stack, you'll never confuse anything higher than a lieutenant.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 3/26/2022 at 9:36 PM, LynxNordique said:

Well. Surprise! Ice Control can Solo Archvillains (if paired with the right secondary). And its better than I expected. I soloed a bit with it at first, to see how it was doing. The damage was not great. It gave me the impression that earth is better, and it is far behind Darkness, Illusion and Gravity. But one thing I noticed: Jack Frost is more resilient than I anticipated. He is one of the few Controller pets I have seen survive the whole 30 minutes of a Rikti Mothership raid, (sidekick at level 49).  

Can't remember exactly when, but Jack Frost was buffed pretty nicely.  Most importantly an added built in 25 defense to all.  Not hard to soft cap him now a days, especially if you also throw in the two pet +5 def IO's.  I remember his squishy days.

On 3/27/2022 at 12:54 PM, LynxNordique said:

I didn't use Ice slick during the fight because of end management. I went back via the Ouro to try both Ice Slick and Artic Air. Ice slick has not effect on the King, other than the run speed. I tried also Artic Air. The CWK was never confused. I suspect that this power needs to be well slotted with confuse (like between 66% and 100%) to be able to confuse an AV. It is probably worth trying with a level 50 Ice controller fully IOed out.    

Unfortunately Arctic Air won't confuse an AV or even a Boss on its own. The ticks are set to Replace rather than Stack, so two ticks in a row just continue the confuse duration rather than add to Magnitude.

It can stack with some external sources though, like the Coercive Persuasion Chance for Contagious Confusion proc. That proc used to be amazing in AA on live, it took a huge hit when procs were changed though due to how procs are now calculated in AoEs.

Edited by oedipus_tex

• 5 weeks later

Just ran this one on my 42 Fire/Time/Energy troller with 8:15 or so. It wasn't too rough, except one stupid death, but I just out-DPS'd him since /Time's regen is only middling. Mostly  kept pets up, buffed and healed, and focused on setting up containment with the ST immob. When the triangles went down, I got him held then let the imps beat on him while I ran through my attack chain. I ran Hot Feet and Time's Juncture most of the time, so I used several blues through the thing and conserve power just barely make it doable. I used a few greens along the way, and a purple every couple of minutes. I did try to keep bonfire up every 45 seconds or so on him too.

In retrospect I wish I'd nabbed Time's /res&def patch at 35 or 41, that probably would have shaved some time off of him. I didn't use Energy Torrent in this one so it was useless compared to the res patch. It probably would have taken a bit longer without the procs in the two ST holds too, and Cross Punch was probably my MVP damage dealer lol.  

On 3/27/2022 at 12:54 PM, LynxNordique said:

It is probably worth trying with a level 50 Ice controller fully IOed out.    

...so, I did.  No dice.  Frostee Freeze is fully IO'd, with all six pieces Sup. SOP in Arctic Air and all six pieces Sup. WoC in Glacier.  Ran it at 45 (since I couldn't figure out how to drop the level to 41) with "no temps" criteria.  Removed Frozen Armor, Flash Freeze and Incarnates from my tray (Vengeance was the only other >41 power), so as to not be tempted to use.  Pulled and killed the entourage, spawned and buffed Jack and went to work.  He couldn't kill us but we couldn't kill him, either.  Granted, my secondary is Empathy, so had nothing other than Ice Control for damage...called it a draw, after about 5 min.  I can also confirm that Ice Slick does not cause KD for CK AV.

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 4/28/2022 at 8:40 PM, Arbegla said:

I really wanna see a /traps run on this. Also, does that parser work on MM pets? I'd love to see how my MM ranks with damage dealt on everything.

Which parser? https://www.carnifax.org/ ?

Yes, it parses pet damage but you need to right click the Combat Tab in-game and add all the Pet channels to it first so they get logged.

It'll show both the overall pet damage /heals etc and what damage each subpower (and any procs they have) does too. Here's a parse of Boyband, my Thugs/Traps doing some random stuff. Belieber is my Bruiser, the two Jedwards are the Enforcers. 

Procs are decent in both, as you can see from the lighter-grey rows (those are the individual subpowers). I don't have the Avg Recharge working for subpowers at the moment though. 

image.thumb.png.01c108135000e6994bf03f60a36cfa17.png

And you can use the Search to just filter for a certain Pet if you like

image.thumb.png.d3c176e04a4146b13896f7a48f8f90aa.png

Edited by Carnifax

9 hours ago, Carnifax said:

/logcombat toggles it on / off if I remember right. Do that and Global will say if you've switched it on or off 

There's a menu option for it too I think, does the same thing

I have a Combat, and a Pet Combat 'chat tab', but I'm sure sure how to run them through the parser to get the pretty output you have. Is there a third party thingy to help parse stuff out?

5 hours ago, Arbegla said:

I have a Combat, and a Pet Combat 'chat tab', but I'm sure sure how to run them through the parser to get the pretty output you have. Is there a third party thingy to help parse stuff out?

You go to https://www.carnifax.org and upload it. That splits the Log into "sessions" (By character log ins essentially) then choose one of those to get the parse. 

image.thumb.png.42b684924a8e3e845082384c3ae4913f.png

More details are in this thread : 

• 2 months later

Sorry for the post necro, but this is a fun topic.

Just ran this challenge with my decked out level 50 petless plant/TA controller exemped down to 45. Was a bit disappointed with my time (8:11 on ouro clock) given how many purples I have, but it was a fun challenge. I may rerun it a few times, possibly with a pet even, to see what I can improve.

Stats:

No deaths

Only got endangered once when I let flash arrow drop by accident, had to use a couple healing inspirations. Needed a couple endurance ones as well partway through.

No pet, so I was face tanking him the entire time, with only my CC, debuffs, and regeneration keeping me alive.

8% psionic defense, 18% ranged defense, no resistances to speak of.

Ran on 0/8

I felt my play was lackluster in this fight, as I let multiple crucial abilities drop for significant periods of time by accident. Flash arrow gap nearly killed me, multiple disruption arrow and especially carrion creeper gaps, and I struggled to keep him inside of my EMP Arrow field for the -regen. Endurance was mostly okay, except for running out about halfway through. Health mostly stayed above 75%. I kept up hold and immobilize pressure as best I could, which was crucial in staying alive. Didn't really have to reposition myself or juke much, I pretty much planted (har har) my feet and spammed abilities. Was a fun challenge and great practice for soloing AVs!

Just ran this through Ouro with my purpled Plant/Storm, exemped to 45.  Ran the mission at 0/1.

Overall time: 9:29, including travel, one trip to the hospital, and waiting for CK to regen before I started my second attack run.  As usual for this build, it is very clicky.  However, not using seeds of confusion or roots threw off my muscle memory -- I'm used to fighting crowds, not AVs!

Actual time to defeat the CK (second combat only) was 166s. I spammed Freezing Rain, Lightning Storm, and Tornado as fast as they recharged.  Strangler, Entangle, and Arcane Bolt formed my basic attack chain.  I popped a couple of purples, a couple of blues, and one green during the fight.

Power Damage Percentage   Power: Proc Damage % of Total
Arcane Bolt          4,439 11.72%   Carrion Creeper Patch : Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage            217 0.57%
Carrion Creepers          7,388 19.51%   Carrion Creeper Patch : Javelin Volley: Chance for Lethal Damage            264 0.70%
Fly Trap          4,039 10.67%   Carrion Creeper Patch : Positron's Blast: Chance for Energy Damage            217 0.57%
Entangle          2,877 7.60%   Carrion Creeper Vine : Bombardment: Chance for Fire Damage        1,077 2.84%
Freezing Rain              270 0.71%   Carrion Creeper Vine : Javelin Volley: Chance for Lethal Damage        1,194 3.15%
Lightning Storm          8,686 22.94%   Carrion Creeper Vine : Positron's Blast: Chance for Energy Damage        1,853 4.89%
Strangler          1,895 5.00%   Lightning Storm : Apocalypse: Chance for Negative Energy Damage        2,118 5.59%
Tornado          8,273 21.85%   Lightning Storm : Gladiator's Javelin: Chance for Toxic Damage        1,196 3.16%
Total        37,868 100.00%   Total        8,135 21.48%

Overall, damage procs delivered 21% of my total damage output.  (Left table is powers inclusive of all sub-powers and procs.  Right table is proc details.)

Damage log: https://www.carnifax.org/?uuid=50faabb6-ee90-4037-a46a-be35d3ce4985

Edited by mezzosoprano
Wrong UUID for damage log

• 1 month later

Impossible to beat at 41 as just an Elite Boss. The damage is completely nuts even with Time Juncture and Time Crawl up basically can two shot me, Can hit me even from even very long range. No idea how you are supposed to beat this guy with SO enhancements.

Edited by Sykar

4 hours ago, Sykar said:

Impossible to beat at 41 as just an Elite Boss. The damage is completely nuts even with Time Juncture and Time Crawl up basically can two shot me, Can hit me even from even very long range. No idea how you are supposed to beat this guy with SO enhancements.

So I gather **/Time, but what's that primary?