Question about Alpha slot for Kin/Seismic Def

CaptainAmazing

Hi all,

The title says it all.

Kinetic/Seismic defender and I'm trying to work out what would be the most beneficial complimentary Alpha slot?

Thanks in advance.

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

Typically, for Kinetics, I tend to settle on Vigor.  Since you can hit the damage cap with FS, Musculature and Intuition are less useful.  Accuracy, heal, and end reduction are all pretty good bonuses.  Also, with the extra accuracy, you can skimp on slotting for that and maybe add a few more procs in your attacks which would increase damage.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

+1 Vigor Core. It is the best alpha for kinetics because it allows for fully proc loaded attacks. When you can get your global accuracy high enough where you don't need to slot your attacks for accuracy, and you don't need to slot your attacks for damage because fulcrum shift, and you don't need to slot your powers for endredux because vigor+transference you have the foundation for a strong proc build with a very high performance ceiling. Not needing to slot transfusion, your siphons, and fulcrum shift for accuracy also pays dividends in reducing slot tax. Accuracy+endredux in the same alpha is just super strong when it facilitates a proper proc build, even more so when musculature and intuition radial are not viable competitors for the slot. The extra bit of healing is not the important piece of vigor.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Currently on fire.

Thanks both, that's really helpful information.

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

9 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

I agree, got to have decent accuracy. Nothing worse than the team dying and your powerboosted transfusion missing

Typically transfusion should always have good accuracy because it has a high base modifier and misses that happen are usually just the unavoidable 5%. The difference with vigor alpha is that you can 6 slot it with preventative medicine for that nice global recharge or 6 slot with numina for the ranged defense. Both sets are way better than touch of the nictus, but have no accuracy enhancement, which vigor paves the way for.

Getting your accuracy high enough for siphon speed, siphon power, fulcrum shift, and attacks without an accuracy modifier takes a bit more effort than transfusion. If your base 75% attacks are capped tohit then transfusion misses are just the unavoidable 5%.

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

Thirding Vigor as the Alpha slot. Other folks touched on good reasons. A third reason is that a few powers don't take any sets at all. Siphon Power and Siphon Speed for example. So it's nice to have the Alpha slot handle the Accuracy component of that.

Nerve is a similar Alpha slot. It provides Accuracy but also bonuses to Defense, Can help you reach Defense caps easier for even more space open to procs.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

Typically transfusion should always have good accuracy because it has a high base modifier and misses that happen are usually just the unavoidable 5%. The difference with vigor alpha is that you can 6 slot it with preventative medicine for that nice global recharge or 6 slot with numina for the ranged defense. Both sets are way better than touch of the nictus, but have no accuracy enhancement, which vigor paves the way for.

Getting your accuracy high enough for siphon speed, siphon power, fulcrum shift, and attacks without an accuracy modifier takes a bit more effort than transfusion. If your base 75% attacks are capped tohit then transfusion misses are just the unavoidable 5%.

good advice for end game, though my two favourite TFs to play my kin defender is posi 2 and manticore - accuracy helps a lot at the lower levels

in my opinion a kin defender is most enjoyable below lvl 35 where it makes a huge difference to the team

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

good advice for end game, though my two favourite TFs to play my kin defender is posi 2 and manticore - accuracy helps a lot at the lower levels

in my opinion a kin defender is most enjoyable below lvl 35 where it makes a huge difference to the team

This is literally a thread about incarnate alpha slotting, which makes the purpose here endgame advice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

19 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

This is literally a thread about incarnate alpha slotting, which makes the purpose here endgame advice. 

Yes, but one should also consider if they will Ex down later as well before rearranging a build to solely rely on an alpha, as some above have indicated to do above.  If the the player will never Ex-down and will always remain incarnate - it's no issue.  But if they do choose to Ex down and they removed all Acc from their powers because they were relying solely on an Alpha that is not available at lower levels - this is an issue. 

While Vigor Core is still the way to go no matter what, the advise above about dropping Acc slotting from powers to proc out powers or use full sets that have no Acc bonus (like Prev Med or Numia) may not be smart if the player will Ex down often enough.  

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

some people enjoy playing incarnate content as well as lower level stuff on the same alt… 

• Thumbs Up 1

My Kin runs Tactics, so I went with Agility for my Alpha. Buffs endmod, recharge and defense.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller