Enemy singularity causing very strange behaviour

Parabola

Just had a very strange experience fighting family redside. Whenever a singularity was summoned (by a primo(?) consigliere) I was lifted in the air and spent some time bobbing around. I had a little control over my movement but not much. If I could manage to swim my way right next to the singularity I could make contact with the ground and pummel the enemy.

The strangest thing happened when two singularities were summoned at the same time and not only did I become quite stuck but the enemy seemed to get totally confused about where I was. It took me a while to work out what was going on but they were gathered around a spot where I certainly wasn't and were fighting as if I was there while I floated around and watched.

I don't imagine this is intended behaviour? It was the family mission in the temple of the waters strike force and I was playing a bio tank if that's any help. Unfortunately I didn't think to take screenshots. My assumption is that this is to do with the changes that were made to singularity, perhaps the enemy shouldn't have the new version?

42 minutes ago, Parabola said:

Just had a very strange experience fighting family redside. Whenever a singularity was summoned (by a primo(?) consigliere) I was lifted in the air and spent some time bobbing around. I had a little control over my movement but not much. If I could manage to swim my way right next to the singularity I could make contact with the ground and pummel the enemy.

The strangest thing happened when two singularities were summoned at the same time and not only did I become quite stuck but the enemy seemed to get totally confused about where I was. It took me a while to work out what was going on but they were gathered around a spot where I certainly wasn't and were fighting as if I was there while I floated around and watched.

I don't imagine this is intended behaviour? It was the family mission in the temple of the waters strike force and I was playing a bio tank if that's any help. Unfortunately I didn't think to take screenshots. My assumption is that this is to do with the changes that were made to singularity, perhaps the enemy shouldn't have the new version?

That was done in Issue 27, Page Two, and quite intentional.

10 minutes ago, Apparition said:

That was done in Issue 27, Page Two, and quite intentional.

Really? The loss of control was annoying but surely the fact that the enemy couldn't track where I was and were attacking an empty patch of air can't be intentional.

Enemies attack air all the time if you keep moving around.  If you were in range and they activated a power then it will hit or miss anyway even if you are nowhere near them when the animation finishes.  It has always been like this,  the singularities moving you around just makes it more apparent.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Enemies attack air all the time if you keep moving around.  If you were in range and they activated a power then it will hit or miss anyway even if you are nowhere near them when the animation finishes.  It has always been like this,  the singularities moving you around just makes it more apparent.

Yeah this really was something different. I was in one place, suspended in the air. The enemy were gathered around a point some distance away, maybe 30 feet or so, and behaving exactly as if that point was where I was. They were melee attacking thin air without having me in range to target, most of them facing away from me the entire time. It went on for some time as I tried to swim towards them to take them out with aoes. I've been playing since eu launch and I've never seen this happen before. As I say I wish I'd taken screenshots.

I haven't seen that particular oddity, but there have been a lot of new AI bugs popping up in the last six months.  Enemies in the same group attacking one another when they never did before, Crey Juggernauts aggroing even when they're -10 to the character and too distant to be affected by a damage or Taunt aura, pathing being even worse than it was in the past, reports of pets like PA ignoring enemies, enemies running for the hills and only returning after Thanksgiving dinner and a long nap, Rikti in Crey's Folly doing their absolute best to beat the shit out of HVAC units... a spawn trying to beat up the floor doesn't surprise me at this point.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Another AI bug I've seen is Crey going after my FF Defender like mad. Ignoring taunts from a tank to come up and punch my FF Defender in the face even when I was doing nothing.

Going after healers I understand, but going after an FF Defender who's standing in the back of the group doing nothing seemed kinda weird.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.