Windy

VV

This has been known for some time. I like the idea of stacking -dmg.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Wind_Control

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Wind control was teased quite awhile ago by the team.  It looks like the powers are 'done' in city of data.  Maybe they dont have animations yet.  Whatever the reason,  the team hasnt hinted at it in some time.

I've played this over on Thunderspy.  Made myself a Wind Control/Psychokinetic Assault Dominator.  Wind Control is stupid good over there.  The confuse is ridiculous, it's on the same recharge as Plant Control's confuse and it also refills your endurance bar.  

I'd like to see this implemented over here but toned down a bit.  Using Plant as the bar isn't the way to go.  Along with this I'd like to see if they can't try their hands at some fresh control sets of their own as well.  

Edit: 

Some of these powers are used by the Knives of Vengeance in the DA arcs.  It's nasty when you get caught in them. 

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

The Wind Control set was in development and planned for a release before the announcement of the game's sunset. Many of the powers are partially coded, but the particle effects aren't in place. Servers that have chosen to enable it have created new particles or reused existing ones. You'll get a slightly different take on it depending on which server you play it on. There's no ETA on a release for the Homecoming server, and no guarantee the set is being actively worked on.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:08 PM, Mezmera said:

I've played this over on Thunderspy.  Made myself a Wind Control/Psychokinetic Assault Dominator.  Wind Control is stupid good over there.  The confuse is ridiculous, it's on the same recharge as Plant Control's confuse and it also refills your endurance bar.  

I'd like to see this implemented over here but toned down a bit.  Using Plant as the bar isn't the way to go. 

I think it's safe to say that nothing would be added to Homecoming as a straight port from some other servers.

The HC devs would spend time reviewing it carefully, curating it, adjusting it, and making sure it's neither overpowered nor pathetically weak. 

A brand new powerset like this would probably spend quite a bit of time on the TEST server even after that, for additional review / feedback.

Edited by MTeague
grammer

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

I think it's safe to say that nothing would be added to Homecoming as a straight port from some other servers.

The HC devs would spend time reviewing it carefully, curating it, adjusting it, and making sure it's neither overpowered nor pathetically weak. 

A brand new powerset like this would probably spend quite a bit of time on the TEST server even after that, for additional review / feedback.

I'm okay with this as long as we actually GET this set at some point.

• Like 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

4 hours ago, MTeague said:

Sure that follows.  I wouldn't see them doing a direct port of it anyways but this power set was already coded into the last version of the game which HC built off of, so they wouldn't really be copying from other servers but using the assets already coded into the system.

Wind Control on other servers already had the work done on it which would likely perform the same on HC if they ever chose to implement it here except for their own balancing of how these powers perform internally, like the recharge of that super fast recharging mass confusion power.